You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

Good job WG on nerfing Conqueror but that doesn't entierly fix the problem...

25 comments in this topic

Members
333 posts
10,811 battles

I think WG's move to finally raise the citadel of Conqueror and the other British BB was a great (if long overdue) move. That ship is absolutely skill less and the people who play it deserve to get punished. However with the nerf, that has basically made the people who play it even more cowardly then they were before. Thank God it doesn't get a spotter plane otherwise they would be even farther back. 

If anything this nerf proves that the British BB line is in desperate need of a rework, making a BB line who's primary ammo choice is HE was a terrible move and I really hope WG learned that lesson. My suggestion is, well look at the first British BB added in the game, Warpsite. Warspite was a great template on how to build the playstyle of the British BB line. Accurate but vulnerable, like Warspite. However we got literally the most frustrating, rage inducing line ever, a line that requires no skill to play, just pure cancer.

I really hope WG will address this issue at some point, and really take a hard look at making the British BBs take more skill to actually play and not be nearly as frustrating to fight.

Edited by MutsuKaiNi
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,133 posts
4,964 battles

You think the Conqueror changes were a nerf?

[WOLFG]
Members
9,542 posts
8,473 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

I prefer to think of it as normalizing broadside results.

Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles
51 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

They were a nerf for the potatoes the OP is referring to, I suppose. 

[BOTO]
Members
1,258 posts
15,339 battles
1 hour ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

I think WG's move to finally raise the citadel of Conqueror and the other British BB was a great (if long overdue) move. That ship is absolutely skill less and the people who play it deserve to get punished. However with the nerf, that has basically made the people who play it even more cowardly then they were before. Thank God it doesn't get a spotter plane otherwise they would be even farther back. 

If anything this nerf proves that the British BB line is in desperate need of a rework, making a BB line who's primary ammo choice is HE was a terrible move and I really hope WG learned that lesson. My suggestion is, well look at the first British BB added in the game, Warpsite. Warspite was a great template on how to build the playstyle of the British BB line. Accurate but vulnerable, like Warspite. However we got literally the most frustrating, rage inducing line ever, a line that requires no skill to play, just pure cancer.

I really hope WG will address this issue at some point, and really take a hard look at making the British BBs take more skill to actually play and not be nearly as frustrating to fight.

I think the two main problems with the Conqueror is the efficacy of it's HE and the superheal.  You can tank WAY too much damage in it, which not only benefits taters but greatly benefits good/unicum type players. Nerf one of the two.

Members
890 posts
14,046 battles

Wargaming has repeatedly said they would make ships that benefited all play styles, not just the ones the hard core competitive people think should be introduced.

That means that long range snipers and HE spammers of all three types of gunships will always come along because a large percentage of the population play that way and want ships that accentuate the style.

[SIDE]
Members
4,653 posts

I see a lot of comments from folks that either  must not have the ship or dont play it much...

I'm not one to waste an emoji on such obvious down vote farming but the ignorance herein is real.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
806 posts
6,880 battles

My favorite ship in the game. So long as fire chance isn't nerfed, I don't mind what they do to it. I just sit back further and further. Range is only a problem until your whole team is sank, Then it's no problem.

I remember when we had our cool down much lower on the heal. When the line first dropped?  I use to be up front with it, But then they put another 90 seconds(?) on it's cool down, So I made sure each game I was in the very back, sometimes behind the carrier. 

Don't play the game anymore but I'll have to see what these changes are. Just have to start the round in reverse maybe. Not a biggie.

[CAST]
Members
4,969 posts
3,513 battles

It was a nerf to unskilled players, and a buff to players who know how to angle. I've played a couple of Conqueror matches since it got 'nerfed' and really enjoying those healing flags I got from the two Dreadnought achievements.

I think the change did exactly what it was meant to do. Make the ship less brainless. Just because you can't stand a battleship firing HE when it's HE is so strong does not make it a bad ship, or players using it bad players. Personally, I'm rather fond of it. It's stealthy and agile. Completely unlike playing most Tier X battleships who's rudders have been hitting those opioids hard.

[FML]
Members
3,930 posts
15,436 battles

I was at the end of my Monarch grind, just about to get the Lio, then the nerf was announced. 

I keep getting high in a tech tree just in time for the T9/10 to get hit with a nerf bat... Hindenburg, Alsace, Conq, Yueyang...  

fair warning: grinding UK DDs atm - daring will be nerfed next...

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
802 posts
13,523 battles

Me thinks you don't know or play the Conq. It wasn't a nerf...well for anyone who isn't brain dead anyway.

BTW OP, do you not like being farmed by Conq's in your sit up the back Yammie?

[-N-]
Members
261 posts
15,657 battles

I've been liking the new Conqueror a lot. Now you have to be intelligent and angle and maneuver, otherwise you get blapped very hard by anything with big enough guns (in the second battle here I got a little careless and took a citadel from a KURFURST of all things; German battleships miss most of their shells but the ones that hit do hurt). And thanks to the improved casemate repair, you don't get melted down quite as fast by those two abominations, Kitakaze and Harugumo; if you're alone you'll still get melted, but now you have time to react. So all in all, Conqueror is now a much more dynamic and active ship that rewards careful play and bold moves and the intelligent use of the superheal and your great stealth.

Screenshot (2279).png

Screenshot (2283).png

Screenshot (2285).png

[DOG]
Members
691 posts
11,814 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I was at the end of my Monarch grind, just about to get the Lio, then the nerf was announced. 

I keep getting high in a tech tree just in time for the T9/10 to get hit with a nerf bat... Hindenburg, Alsace, Conq, Yueyang...  

fair warning: grinding UK DDs atm - daring will be nerfed next...

Yep - me too (can't and/or not interested in grinding fast enough to get there before the nerf bat).

[DOW]
Members
964 posts
31,570 battles

Conqueror is the only sub 45% w/r BB at T10. Come to think of it, maybe I should fire up some games in it, I like a challenge.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
802 posts
13,523 battles
24 minutes ago, Roadrider7021 said:

Conqueror is the only sub 45% w/r BB at T10. Come to think of it, maybe I should fire up some games in it, I like a challenge.

I must be doing something wrong, I'm at 53%

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,943 battles
2 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

It was a nerf to unskilled players, and a buff to players who know how to angle. I've played a couple of Conqueror matches since it got 'nerfed' and really enjoying those healing flags I got from the two Dreadnought achievements.

I think the change did exactly what it was meant to do. Make the ship less brainless. Just because you can't stand a battleship firing HE when it's HE is so strong does not make it a bad ship, or players using it bad players. Personally, I'm rather fond of it. It's stealthy and agile. Completely unlike playing most Tier X battleships who's rudders have been hitting those opioids hard.

It may or may not be a bad ship, but a whole line of HE spamming BBs is not good for the game.

Conk just encourages potatoes to sit 20 kms from everything and spam out HE while doing nothing to win. Giving it a citadel actually makes it more difficult to get players out of that mode.

Fundamentally tho, Conk is a mediocre ship. The lousy guns and poor secondaries mean that carrying is difficult, and HE spam, while annoying, does not win games.

Note that Conk is second in average damage but fifth in win rate among all T10 BBs. HE spam doesn't win games because it doesn't kill ships. Note that in Clan Battles nobody plays Conk, because it can't kill things and can't carry.

Get on WOWs Stats & Numbers and check damage vs win rate. The number 4 damage leader in Conk averages 178K damage but has just a 55% win rate. There are two players in top ten in damage in Conk but with sub 60% win rates, and four in the top 15. In Monty the top ten players all have 60%+ win rates....

I sold mine because I could never carry in it.

Edited by Taichunger

[CAST]
Members
4,969 posts
3,513 battles

Heh, just cause most players suck when playing it doesn't make it a bad ship. Her stealth is great and allows you to get deliciously close to cruisers. I pretty much never just sit at 20km with this ship as the shells are really floaty.

[CAST]
Members
4,969 posts
3,513 battles
32 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

They should just take away it's HE and then it would be great.

Sure, and they should take away the close range accuracy buff on Russian BBs.

Or the great AA on USN BBs.

Or the secondaries on Germans.

Or the high velocity shells on the French and Japanese.

Cause what you're asking is to flat out remove the national flavor of the British. So may as well nerf everything else while you're at it, amiright?

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,665 posts
7,442 battles
43 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

They should just take away it's HE and then it would be great.

Nah, it has that to make bow-camping players get very angry. That's a feature that should never disappear from this game.

• Funny 2

[NPG]
Members
165 posts
3,263 battles

All I read from the OP is "I hate this ship so this is my personal idea of a victory because if you over expose it's easier to kill". If HE is your problem maybe follow the advice everyone gives for Cruisers and manage your damage control better. Out of the times I got to test the ship I love it and angling wont be a problem. I hope to induce more rage in the OP when I get the ship.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,811 posts
4,299 battles

Frankly, a Conquerer isn’t all that threatening when you understand that even without the so-called “nerf”, the Conquerer is squishy in that it just takes damage easily. I never had a problem with the Conquerer in my Yamato as I could just force them to retreat once they took two 20k salvos. And plus, I would not advise standing in a single place when a Conquerer or any Cruiser that spams HE is on your flank. Because the easier target will probably be the one they will target first. Aka: You in that bow in BB thinking that you are invincible. So frankly, I don’t get why people are complaining. Just keep moving and your life will hopefully get easier.

[--V--]
Members
1,402 posts
13,521 battles

You know why I love the Conqueror?  Because I love to spam HE on T8, 9 and 10 BBs who just sit and tank in the back.   They talk about the Conq being brainless.  LOL   Brainless (and boring) is just sitting there going backwards firing from 15-20km away.  Along comes a ship which can challenge their play style and the baby rattles come out.   

I mostly use the 8 gun 457mm config with my Conq, along with AP shells.  Until I see a BB bow tanking going backward.   Then its HE time cause they get all bent!!  :)

• Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
4,141 posts
24,018 battles

The only change to the Conq nerf is that brain dead conq players who can get away with sitting broadside to you from 10 km away now die, I just finished a match with that happening.  A UU equipped Conq  has the maneuverability of a CA.

shot-19_08_08_22_14.29-0712.thumb.jpg.8cd6a05f02e1abe91b6bde65ae62eaf8.jpg