You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

WNN 57: signing off for the final time

75 comments in this topic

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

Well bye guys. It’s been fun. My “Hiatus” is going to turn into a permanent leave of absence. At least I finally got one of these out on time! Bummed I didn’t get to do a lot of the ideas I had planned, but I guess that’s how it goes. I know that most of you are probably relieved but I feel I needed to announce this to the people who follow me.  

You know, at this point, I was planning to call out all I hate about the game then drop my proverbial mike. But there is too much salt in this forum already. Let’s just say the game is returning to a meta that I realize I don’ enjoy, and well I tried the unmentionable competition and it’s far less stressful. And honestly I need a bit more time in the day to edit my book and this just isn't a game you can play casually.

But you know what? I’m honestly sad to be leaving this community, as um… bristly as this forum is, it’s been one of the only places I can talk about my love of ships with likeminded people. I just don’t enjoy the game it’s been built around anymore. That shouldn’t stop anyone who still does. So for everyone sticking with the game, good luck and fair seas.

And since I posted this video when so many other people left,

And I would totally give you my stuff if there was a market.

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News
  • Cool 37
  • Confused 2

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

I enjoyed your news features.  It brought a much needed humour to the forums.  Thanks for that.

[RLGN]
Members
14,310 posts
25,245 battles

There’s always Divsion Co-op and Ops.

Actually had a little of the very tiny amount of the faith I have left in the game restored by div’ing with @iDuckman in PT Co-ops Sunday night.

If not, GLHF!

Members
311 posts

it's all the fault of these damn russian battleships - will follow suit soon but will first be a bit more of a nuisance to all those folks that are still so very fond of this game...

• Boring 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

Shame to see you go. Gonna miss the posts. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

There’s always Divsion Co-op and Ops.

Actually had a little of the very tiny amount of the faith I have left in the game restored by div’ing with @iDuckman in PT Co-ops Sunday night.

If not, GLHF!

15 minutes ago, Ministre_de_la_Marine said:

Sorry to see you go. Maybe take a break and come back.

Meanwhile, leave the Hindenburg, take the cannoli.

Ciao!

I don't know I'd feel like a bit of an a hole to make this post and not mean it. But I guess I'll see what the future holds.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
1 minute ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I don't know I'd feel like a bit of an a hole to make this post and not mean it. But I guess I'll see what the future holds.

Sorry to see you go and we will miss your take on game news. You are always welcome to come back.

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles
6 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Just because the game isn't enjoyable now, doesn't mean it won't be in the future. 

Take some time off and take a look during Holidays if the game may be interesting to you again. 

There are loads of enjoyable games, hope you get some fun outta them regardless.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
27 minutes ago, sendit2me30 said:

it's all the fault of these damn russian battleships - will follow suit soon but will first be a bit more of a nuisance to all those folks that are still so very fond of this game...

Russian BBs are easy to beat. I see no issue

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
15 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I have been gaming for over 20 years. They always come back. Always

Why would anyone want to come back when WG keeps making the game worse?

They'll have to really turn it around to win back a lot of the veterans who stopped playing, myself included. Game's been on a downhill slide in quality since at least last year, arguably far longer.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Members
236 posts
17 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

Oh, bollocks. Nobody is going to think any the less of you for taking a breather and coming back.

If I had a nickel for every hysterical rage-quitter who showed back up I could afford premium time 24/7.

Meanwhile, take it easy if you can, but take it.

• Cool 2

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Because human nature bu virtue is curious. Might be end of year or sometime next year, but he will get the bug and retry the game. 

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

They'll have to really turn it around to win back a lot of the veterans who stopped playing, myself included. Game's been on a downhill slide in quality since at least last year, arguably far longer.

Where has game gone bad? They somewhat fixed the debacle that is the CV rework and AA. Now i don't feel like the red headed step child of CVs playing in my surface ship. 

Only thing they have now is the insane ship crates and paying money for grinding lines before they come out, but i dont see that as game breaking.