Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
QWERTYEel89

Shell Arc Chart

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
105 posts
3,359 battles

Hi, I was wondering if there was a topic that listed the shell arcs and how distance affects that for ships ingame. If so I'd love a link.

Edited by QWERTYEel89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,573
[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles
24 minutes ago, QWERTYEel89 said:

Hi, I was wondering if there was a topic that listed the shell arcs and how distance affects that for ships ingame. If so I'd love a link.

https://wowsft.com/arty?lang=en

It's the Artillery Chart.  It's mostly talking AP shells, mind you.

 

The Fitting Tool is also pretty cool in letting you play with builds on a ship and seeing the values right then and there, all without you risking doubloons in game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

https://wowsft.com/arty?lang=en

It's the Artillery Chart.  It's mostly talking AP shells, mind you.

 

The Fitting Tool is also pretty cool in letting you play with builds on a ship and seeing the values right then and there, all without you risking doubloons in game.

AP and HE shells share the same ballistics afaik. The pen value is of course, for AP shells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
105 posts
3,359 battles

Great, thank you. And for something like a BB or a ship that I am trying to gain citadel hits with what angle/ would be optimal for doing such things? For something like the Tirpitz it seems within 14km seems reasonable. I believe I heard of a significant change in AP shells so using HE on something like a BB is more commonplace besides against DDs or bow-in BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
237
[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,767 battles
1 hour ago, PG908 said:

AP and HE shells share the same ballistics afaik. The pen value is of course, for AP shells. 

Some ships, (such as American CAs) have slightly different ballistics for their HE and AP shells. Look at the initial shell velocity for these ships, if they are different, then the shell ballistics will also be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,406
[WOLFG]
Members
28,894 posts
8,143 battles
2 hours ago, PG908 said:

AP and HE shells share the same ballistics afaik. 

Unless your name is Yorck lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,573
[WOLF3]
Members
26,963 posts
23,767 battles
19 hours ago, ThatsAPaladin said:

AP and HE shells share the same ballistics afaik. The pen value is of course, for AP shells. 

Not quite.  Some ships have different velocities for their AP & HE shells.  US BBs for example have different velocities for both shells.  North Carolina for example, has 820m/s initial shell velocity for her HE, while her heavy AP shell's at 701m/s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×