You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Forum_Troll

I got the Mogador in 9 purchases. New Record?

31 comments in this topic

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts

zBPOqaW.png

After the  regular and paid chests absolutely screwing me, RNGesus showed his ugly head.  All told I got the ship just just under 70.00.

• Boring 2

[Y0L0W]
Members
507 posts
16,726 battles

That's still $70 for a free ship. It's better to say you paid $70 for a permanent camo.

Congrats though.

• Cool 2

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
2 minutes ago, Bortt said:

That's still $70 for a free ship. It's better to say you paid $70 for a permanent camo.

Congrats though.

Honestly I did it for the easy completions of the directives.  Saves me time while directive grinding, and that you can't put a price on.  

Edited by Forum_Troll

[Y0L0W]
Members
507 posts
16,726 battles
On 8/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, Forum_Troll said:

Honestly I did it for the easy completions of the directives.  Saves me time while directive grinding, and that you can't put a price on.  

Makes sense. Some of the grinds are brutal. Enjoy your ship. Mogador looks very strong. At least when I've played against it.

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
5 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

I got it on my 2nd roll. So I spent 2k doubloons on the bundles.

Hate you.  It would appear I have been dethroned.  Sad times.

Edited by Forum_Troll
  • Funny 2

[CAST]
Members
4,996 posts
3,513 battles

Heh, the WG EU Community team also got it on the 2nd try when they streamed it. Followed by them spending five minutes giving disclaimers about how it wasn't representative of the odds, lol.

Myself ... I'm only going for the credit and coal packages. Not that I'll necessarily make it since I've only gotten a single DD combat mission unlocked after some 40 crates, half of which were premium.

Used to be crates were fairly rewarding, especially the original Santa crates. No more.

Members
835 posts
5,808 battles

I don’t mind waiting until 8.8 means I can stack some credits for Kleber and work on other ships. I’m only about 60k xp on my mog from the 260k or so I expect the research cost of Kleber to be.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,150 posts
14,332 battles

Given that a T9 permacamo costs 4000 doubloons, anyone who got it in less than five either broke even or is ahead.

I also have a funny feeling that the special permacamo she comes with is going to be 5K doubloons anyway; can someone confirm that for me?

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles

On the PTS it took me 10 attempts.  On live (I'm not going to even try once) I played a game where someone who had it said it took them 7 tries.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,067 posts
23,845 battles

Some dude had a post where it took him 27 dice rolls.  Poor guy.  But I'm quite sure there are guys that had to do all 30 dice rolls to get that ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,150 posts
14,332 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

Artificial Scarcity

Horsepuckey. In two months she'll be free for everyone to grind. The only artificial scarcity is in the minds of the gullible or those with salt poisoning.

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,810 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Horsepuckey. In two months she'll be free for everyone to grind. The only artificial scarcity is in the minds of the gullible or those with salt poisoning.

heh huh? The French DD's are DONE. They're delaying the release of the T9/10 to milk money out of people, thats all there is to it. Fine with me, this game will never die.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,410 posts
15,866 battles

LOL I am going to get it in Zero and I am probably considered to be a whale. 

My delayed gratifications skills are high.

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
28 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL I am going to get it in Zero and I am probably considered to be a whale. 

My delayed gratifications skills are high.

Gotta agree. Getting it for free when it releases. Got the T8 6 and 5 for free as well from the directive crates. So a win win Imo.