Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

First Look: Tier V Italian Cruiser Raimondo Montecuccoli

6 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,671 posts
12,399 battles

With the early tier Italian cruisers behind us, we start to get into ships that we might actually play after grinding out the line.  Next up is our First Look at Tier V’s Raimondo Montecuccoli.

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles

I would just like to say thank you for the effort at pronunciation. Giussano is basically Joo-sahno. The vowels are combined not individually vocalized. Cheers. 

• Cool 2

[-K-]
2,671 posts
12,399 battles
5 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I would just like to say thank you for the effort at pronunciation. Giussano is basically Joo-sahno. The vowels are combined not individually vocalized. Cheers. 

You're welcome!  I did just enough research that I hopefully didn't embarrass myself, but I won't pretend I'm going to sound like a native speaker. =)

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

You're welcome!  I did just enough research that I hopefully didn't embarrass myself, but I won't pretend I'm going to sound like a native speaker. =)

Please, just the effort is appreciated. Thank you for the run down.

edit: spelling obviously isn't my forté. 

Edited by Sparviero

[CSN]
Members
10 posts
4,488 battles

Purchased the Italian T5 Raimondo Montecuccoli straight off bypassing Tier 1 to 4.

Well I've played for some 5 nights now and i'm disappointed to say the least. Its a 20K a game ship if your playing well! If you dont your dead in under 2-10K.

You have no secondary strength, no AA, air support is pointless, and you cant detect incoming torpedo's with an ability to neither turn or stop.

Ha, well DD's can sink you without you even having a chance to fire one round off at them.

Your just a target for the opposition in this boat. I have been cleaned up by planes so many times Im rather angry that this can be called a cruiser.

This is at best a support ship for a CV, who needs the CV to both spot incoming dd's and shoot down incoming planes.... be warned, this is one hell of a hard line to sow.

Save your gold coins for the Maori canoe, it will be a far better option.

Edited by tapaz
Spelling/ more info.

[-K-]
2,671 posts
12,399 battles

It's hard to disagree.  The low-tier Italian cruisers are simply awful.  Montecuccoli is the best of a bad bunch, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Sign in to follow this