Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
axyarthur

More camo money for WG

6 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,770 battles

Permanent camouflage provides good economic benefits and selling them is a good source of income for WG. Well, there is actually a lot more WG can do to improve the system and provide more options for people to spend doubloons on them. Here are my suggestions:

• Instead of 1 set of permanent camo for each ship with 1 set of benefits, have the camos come in tiers of increasing benefits for increasing cost. It allows for people with different economic means an option to purchase permanent camo they otherwise wouldn't have.

for example:

tier 0 camo: no economic benefits, just base concealment and dispersion buffs. This is the bare bones camo for people who don't want to spend credits buying camo after every game, but also don't want to spend large amount of doubloons for normal permanent camo. price at 10~15% of current permanent camo

tier 1 camo: base stats buffs plus reduced economic benefits (50% of current value) at 50% of normal camo price. For people who want some economic benefits at reduced cost.

tier 2 camo: the current version

tier 3 camo: enhanced economic benefits (150% of current value) at 150% of price. For people who wants extra economic benefits.

• Another idea is to allow people to convert from 1 version of permanent camo to another for a fee (10-15% of camo price). For example, if you got the halloween, anniversary, HSF, space battle, etc special camos but want a more historical look, you can pay some doubloons  to exchange them for a normal historical camo with same economic benefits. Also, allow players to "upgrade" tier base camo mentioned above by paying the price difference.
  • Allow players to turn any non-permanent camos into permanent camos by paying doubloons. The price depends on economic benefit the camo provides. You can sort the camos into a tier system like above and rank prices as deemed fit. There are some rare camos that gives huge economic benefits (+555% captain skills) and I'm sure there will be players that are willing to pay large amount of doubloons to turn them into permanent camos.
  • These proposals actually don't require WG to make new camos. For the tier system above, they can just clone the existing camos but give different economic benefits for each copy and price them as mentioned. After all, people are paying for the economic benefit of the camo, not really the looks. 

Overall, I think if these steps are taken, it would give people more options to customize their ships and incentivize more people to spend doubloons on permanent camos, giving WG more income, without resorting to unpopular ideas like the research bureau.

• Cool 6

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,627 posts

I've never had a problem in obtaining lower-level camos and, looking at my inventory, I see I have 50 permacamos. I've only purchased two of these permacamos with doubloons. High-tier permacamos are definitely worth the price. My camo on the midway is the only thing that allows me to consistently play it. The other, lower-tier, permacamos have some nice benifits too. However, I don't think people would spend much for permacamos that had no benefits over the ones they can get for free.

The idea of creating a permacamo out of a regular camo is intriguing though. Some people might like a certain camo and want to make it permanent.

[4HIM]
Members
3,020 posts
12,603 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

The idea of creating a permacamo out of a regular camo is intriguing though. Some people might like a certain camo and want to make it permanent.

I've suggested that a couple times.  There are some ships on which one of the expendable camos just makes the ship look great.  The "Great White Fleet" camo on Sims looks good.  And I'm sure many would like the Union Jack camo on some of their RN ships.  A permanent Union Jack camo on Warspite with the SOONTM to come Captain Jingles would be great.  

[WOLFC]
Members
690 posts
25,488 battles

One idea I've seen suggested before is the ability to put a consumable camo on a ship but have it look like the regular perma camo assigned to that ship whether it be a premium ship or a tech tree ship for which you've purchased the perma camo. Why do this? Because some of the perma camos look really cool and people just want to get the benefits of a consumable camo without affecting the appearance of the ship.

Suppose you have a Massachusetts Black and have a bunch of consumable camos that provide better xp or credit buffs. You would be able to mount the consumable camo on your Mass Black and have the option to maintain the appearance of the perma camo. Your consumable camo count goes down by one and you get it's benefits but your Mass Black is still a Mass Black in the match you're playing.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,068 posts
14,307 battles
35 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

A permanent Union Jack camo on Warspite with the SOONTM to come Captain Jingles would be great.  

It would; however, you should know that there IS one coming for the Warspite which is Very British in its motifs and also gives greater economic bonuses; it's more or less going to be like having Ocean Soul camo and the India Bravo Terrathree flag permanently mounted. It will probably cost double the usual for tier (i.e. 2000 doubloons), but given that it isn't just decorative and actually significantly increases the combat bonuses I can live with it. 

Sign in to follow this