Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Most Exciting Game Ever!

5 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,894 posts
17,943 battles

No damage done

No damage received.

No shells (other than AA) fired.

No torps fired.

Cap FTW.

Members
3,585 posts
12,985 battles

Spotting and concealment is something alot of players seem to not understand.

Nice job soshi. LWM almost (technically did, drive right down the middle the map and cap; she had to shoot though. Since I recognized what she was doing.) did this to one of my teams once on this map. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,519 posts

Next time may I suggest you P the AA(A)? 

But yup, nice job. I guess that carrier had no desire to win the game, eh? Amazing the skill, the daring-do of current player base. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,894 posts
17,943 battles

By the way...I ALMOST started a CV chase.  But he knew he was being hunted and was building up a good bit of steam.   Once it was obvious he was headed out of cap (required if I was going to be able to cap), and the fact that a tail chase on a carrier (even with good DD speed) can end badly...I turned away to go for a cap win.

Now for a bit of a "Game within the Game" moment:

Their CV player was pretty good.  He tried to get me in the smoke for a cap reset.  And he played a good hand.  I play CV a lot.  The trick is to watch the smoke progression, which indicates the location of the DD ...at the forward part of the smoke deployment.  Knowing this, I reversed away from the deployment plume as he made his run in.  The CV captain ran the optimal SBD line based on the smoke plume.  Being a CV captain myself, and knowing the proper SBD line, I made sure I wasn't there in my DD when the drop came.  The game within the game.  Was I lucky he missed?  Would he have been lucky if he hit?  There is a bit of luck involved...but a player can do his/her part in placing themselves in the tails of the luck distribution as opposed to sitting where the luck of the roll determines the outcome.

-Members-
1,642 posts
1,277 battles
14 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

No damage done

No damage received.

No shells (other than AA) fired.

No torps fired.

Cap FTW.

Hey Soshi,

Thanks for sharing this video. This is quite different from most in that the way you won the game was so different. I can honestly say this might be the first time I have seen a game won by a player with no ship damage ribbons and a 0 for damage! This seemed even tougher to do with a CV in the game, but the CV looked like they didn't care about resetting the cap until it was too late. His rocket planes were spotted near you for a bit but he never commenced attacking/looking for you until it was too late. Good job using your smoke and the only real thing I could see is maybe just hitting P in the smoke and then there is no chance to get "randomly" hit.

Spotting and concealment are two things that you have to know the ins and outs to get good taking advantage of these things. 

Good job!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this