You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
War182

Kii still Feel's weak .

12 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
407 posts
15,500 battles

Been playing Amagi all day to grind it up . Adv about 1to2 citadels a game it's very fun ship ...solid boat . So jumped back Amagi  and couldn't land my shots ?? chassing BB's to than miss them or hit for weak Dam , no citadel's and crap dam . Got killed closeing to get hit's ...THAN Notcied was PLAYING FN Kii ..... I was a really wake up between the Amagi and Kii ... you buffed Kii 4 time's now ? ...And it's still that bad ? how is that possible ?

[0456]
Members
3,630 posts
9,589 battles

I wanted to create a similar thread about Mutsu... except mutsu never got buffed. 

Feeling your pain anyway. Same pain, different ship. 

Members
4,318 posts
4,594 battles

I don't know, even with the unbuffed shells Mutsu is still pretty nice and have seen them pull some absurd stunts. Would be nice if the torpedoes did more damage for your troubles. That aside I don't own Kii though so I can't compare her with Ashitaka. Ashitaka is nice though. As far as buffs go reminds me of Indy. I forgot how many buffs she got over the years though. Then there's the new problem child Wichita, which basically looks like Indy if they moved the ship up one tier. 

[SALVO]
Members
24,838 posts
25,932 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshiblue said:

I don't know, even with the unbuffed shells Mutsu is still pretty nice and have seen them pull some absurd stunts. Would be nice if the torpedoes did more damage for your troubles. That aside I don't own Kii though so I can't compare her with Ashitaka. Ashitaka is nice though. As far as buffs go reminds me of Indy. I forgot how many buffs she got over the years though. Then there's the new problem child Wichita, which basically looks like Indy if they moved the ship up one tier. 

Honestly, I don't get all that excited about torpedoes on the Mutsu and Kii, mostly because I see IJN BBs more as mid range snipers than close range brawlers (where you'd need to be to use their torps).  Sure, if you're a coop player, you can brawl with nearly any BB successfully and make decent use of their torps.  But the Mutsu's and Kii's torps seem a lot more situational in randoms.

I was just in a tier 10 battle (really more of a tier 9, since there were only 3 tier 10's and 4 tier 8's per team) where I did 138k damage in my Kii, and I only used my torpedoes once.  And that was in my final brawl against an Amagi when it was down to me in my Kii vs an enemy Ibuki, Amagi, and Cleveland.  I had beaten up the Ibuki pretty severely before he decided to go dark and heal up, before the Amagi was able to close the range on me.  Now, he was at around 2/3s health while I was at around 1/3 health.  But I closed the range so that I could get my torps into play.  I managed to land 2 torps on him, and about 45k damage on him (nearly sinking him) before the 3 of them finished me off.    I made them work really, really hard to take me down.  

Anyways, the Kii actually feels pretty good to me, but to be fair, I haven't played the Amagi recently in randoms, so I don't know how she feels for comparison's sake.

I do agree with you on the Ashitaka.  The Ashitaka feels very nice.  It'll have problems facing something like the Nagato or Colorado with their 16" guns.  But against smaller gunned BBs, it seems to more than handle its own with her own 16" guns.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,056 posts
13,308 battles
32 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I don't get all that excited about torpedoes on the Mutsu and Kii, mostly because I see IJN BBs more as mid range snipers than close range brawlers (where you'd need to be to use their torps).  Sure, if you're a coop player, you can brawl with nearly any BB successfully and make decent use of their torps.  But the Mutsu's and Kii's torps seem a lot more situational in randoms.

I don’t use Mutsu in randoms, but when Ranked Sprint comes back to T6, I’m going all Mutsu, all the time.

I never plan on the Mustsu’s torpedoes,  but they     are great for turning the tables, or for taking care of unfinished business.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,612 posts
14,665 battles

I think it's fine. She was already putting out similar numbers to all my other T8 BBs before the deck armor buff. Just play it mid-range like Amagi and don't worry about the torps... I think they are mostly a trap like Mutsu's.

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,942 battles

I got Kii in the summer sale, and I wouldn't describe her as weak - Heck, I've gotten two high calibers with her so far. I can count the number of times I've achieved that in the new year on a single hand.

[SALVO]
Members
24,838 posts
25,932 battles
2 hours ago, pikohan said:

I think it's fine. She was already putting out similar numbers to all my other T8 BBs before the deck armor buff. Just play it mid-range like Amagi and don't worry about the torps... I think they are mostly a trap like Mutsu's.

I think that you're right to call them a trap, but they're considerably more useful than the Mutsu's torps.  Seriously, if you get close to 10k from the enemy and you have an enemy charging at you and you have no worries about hitting a friendly, there's no reason to not make use of them.  The Kii's torps have useful range and torp angles, so you might as well use them if the situation arises, though I wouldn't try to forcibly create a situation to use them most of the time.  I can think of some times when you might have an advantage in closing on an enemy, say a lower tier BB that didn't have torps.  Say something like a New Mex or Arizona.  You might want to get in close and work your armor so that you could blow him away.  And you might as well use them torps if you're going to do that.  But I wouldn't do it so that I *could* use the torps.  Don't stick the cart before the horse as the old saying goes.

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,298 battles

I played the Kii a couple of times as a Maruader.

It wasn't a bad ship, but I also did not actively try to use the torps. If I did, it was target of opportunity or trying to hold off a chasing ship.

I think Ops issue is he confused which ship he was in, and likely different Captain skills/ship modules. After spending most of his time in an Amagi and being used to it, playing the Kii threw him.