You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cooterbrown44

Ghost ships killing me.

24 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts

I'm getting killed by ghost ships that aren't on the map.  Today I had a cruiser full health that just got killed, not torpedoed........I'll get to that.......just boom by ship not on the map and not listed in the available ships.  This has been going on for at least a couple of weeks now.  Yesterday I was broadside with a battleship who was the last ship left of the opponents when I got torpedoed by 5 torpedoes by some ship not visible or even in the other side with some funny name.  This has happened to one of my cruisers in five straight matches.  If this is how you clowns are going to operate you can just keep my money and I can play other games that won't cheat me.  

• Confused 4
  • Boring 2

[STURM]
Members
708 posts
5,739 battles

Has anyone who ever claimed impossible things like this ever posted a replay or any sort of evidence?

Listen, dude, until you post evidence we have to assume you are either a troll, or simply don't understand how the concealment system works.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles
20 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

Has anyone who ever claimed impossible things like this ever posted a replay or any sort of evidence?

Nope!

Members
5 posts
2,975 battles
14 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

Listen, dude, until you post evidence we have to assume you are either a troll, or simply don't understand how the concealment system works.

Muninn77...I can tell you one thing,  lately on different occasions seems what he's trying to say.... I believe is you can be in a battle you can sink a ship or two even bring down a plane or two.....the area seems to be pretty clear.... then all of a sudden.... torps come out of nowhere.... in my life time here it has happened a few times it can piss you off a bit but you need to just continue on..... I do Believe it is a Computer Glitch... when you come to it in The End.....Just won't make some happy to hear that*** 

[CK5]
Members
1,369 posts
14,304 battles

OP, you have to understand that 12 km torpedoes can sometimes take a while to get to you and still run after the ship that launched them is gone.

Or maybe you do understand but are just trolling.    

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,418 battles

@cooterbrown44 there are no ghost ships and nothing is firing at you from off the map.

Grow up and learn the spotting mechanics!

• Confused 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
1 hour ago, Muninn77 said:

Odds are he is spotted and the firing ship is behind an island or smoke.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,880 battles
2 hours ago, cooterbrown44 said:

I'm getting killed by ghost ships that aren't on the map.  Today I had a cruiser full health that just got killed, not torpedoed........I'll get to that.......just boom by ship not on the map and not listed in the available ships.  This has been going on for at least a couple of weeks now.  Yesterday I was broadside with a battleship who was the last ship left of the opponents when I got torpedoed by 5 torpedoes by some ship not visible or even in the other side with some funny name.  This has happened to one of my cruisers in five straight matches.  If this is how you clowns are going to operate you can just keep my money and I can play other games that won't cheat me.  

Yea kinda need a replay to figure what kind of ghost your dealing with .. or not ..and maybe we can perform an exorcism of sorts .. it’s like ...so sad to bad type thingy without replay

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

Members
5 posts
2 hours ago, Muninn77 said:

You know, it's possible to make your point in an adult manner.  I've been playing this game since it first started and I bought it instead of playing for free.  Concealment system?  I haven't seen anything like that anywhere on the game.  

You should wait before accusing someone of being a Troll before sounding like a troll yourself.  

• Boring 1

Members
5 posts
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Funny thing when I ran his name - https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1016138298-cooterbrown44/!/pvp/overview/

"You will be able to view this player's battle statistics after the player has played the first battle."

Don't take the bait folks!!

I play on the Xbox, not the computer.  I've got Tier 5 and 6 ships.  

[HINON]
Members
13,243 posts
23 minutes ago, cooterbrown44 said:

The PC and Xbox versions are very different so you won't find much help here on the PC version forums.

[WORX]
Members
10,616 posts
18,506 battles
49 minutes ago, cooterbrown44 said:

:Smile_facepalm:

You're in the PC forums side of the game, not the consul peasant side.

I can tell you have trouble  at paying attention to detail... Which make it even harder (without evidence with a Pic or videos) to give credibility to your claims.

Here is the link for WOWS consul web site..

I dont know what else I can do to assist.

Edited by Navalpride33

[HINON]
Members
13,243 posts
3 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Mystery solved - time to close this thread.

Yep, time to leave like it's friday! A job well done everyone on completing this thread.

uQ8y33a.gif

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

Members
65 posts
574 battles

Same here 

Free to play is Feed to play You must feed Elite members with pay to win accounts 

Differences with Feed to play accounts

you will see shots go thru your enemy and not get counted.

Rudder and steering will lock up when diving into a Cap for DDs

when you get hit you will receive max damage and modules will be disabled more often.

No matter your concealment you will be detected by ships you can not see 100%.

You will struggle to do more than 10,000 hp in damage in any match your dispersion will be high and effective damage extremely low. 

Causing flooding set on fire will happen less than normal.

Pay to win players are armed with memes of tin foil hat man and will try to convince you its fair and balanced when you will get grief and spend money to try to get even. 

You will then get dumped onto teams of trolls you will have to carry.

my suggestions 

1.  Go in intending to feed fast matches makes fast exp. try to keep 4 ships in a match at a time. no camos no signals just dive in and die as fast as you can and get to the next match. 

2. Hang way back and Kill steal you can only do 100-500 hp of damage in a single salvo when you free to play but if you time it just right you can kill steal your whole team.

Edited by psychobinary
  • Confused 2

Members
3,378 posts
6,787 battles

Which brings up a REPLAY subject. Does the console version enable a REPLAY like the PC version? .....I'm almost sure that the PC replay cannot be run on the Console and visa versa eh?

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles
7 hours ago, psychobinary said:

Same here 

Free to play is Feed to play You must feed Elite members with pay to win accounts 

Differences with Feed to play accounts

you will see shots go thru your enemy and not get counted.

Rudder and steering will lock up when diving into a Cap for DDs

when you get hit you will receive max damage and modules will be disabled more often.

No matter your concealment you will be detected by ships you can not see 100%.

You will struggle to do more than 10,000 hp in damage in any match your dispersion will be high and effective damage extremely low. 

Causing flooding set on fire will happen less than normal.

Pay to win players are armed with memes of tin foil hat man and will try to convince you its fair and balanced when you will get grief and spend money to try to get even. 

You will then get dumped onto teams of trolls you will have to carry.

my suggestions 

1.  Go in intending to feed fast matches makes fast exp. try to keep 4 ships in a match at a time. no camos no signals just dive in and die as fast as you can and get to the next match. 

2. Hang way back and Kill steal you can only do 100-500 hp of damage in a single salvo when you free to play but if you time it just right you can kill steal your whole team.

How would you know any of this since this account hasn't recorded an actual battle (coop or random) since at least some time in June?

You can't even succeed at being a troll.

• Cool 1

Members
416 posts
23,980 battles

there is a concealment problem .ships do vanish , shoot,reappear  vanish again at close range ..if you guys dont see it happening then pay better attention ..bbs that disappear at 5-7-10 km out becomes annoying,especially when they are broadside ...i dont use the ship camera , not going to download replays, and wont post it either ,please fix this problem wows

• Funny 1