Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

Spotting mechanics

15 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
14,250 posts
25,088 battles
5 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

what change?

And which old system do you say?

Maybe OP means when WG standardized the concealment module bonus to 10%?

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles

Old system? You mean the 3s spotting debuff? The CE change? The smoke detection changes? Concealment Mod change?

Being specific would make it easier to actually have a discussion or talk about this topic. And if you hope for WG to take notice of it, it would pay off to be clear on what you want.

[RKLES]
Members
805 posts

My bad, I am talking about the gun bloom

I am sure it is different then it was before.  Now if you go back within spotting range the timer will go back to where it left off and you would be spotted again. This was not the case before.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Timer doesn't "reset" if you're spotted again.

If someone on the opposing team has unobstructed line of sight to you and is within your detection range when you fire your guns, your bloom stays out for 20 seconds.  Period.

After the 20 seconds expire, and unless you fire again before it does and get detected, it recedes back to your regular detection range.

[RKLES]
Members
805 posts

Your bloom stays for 20 seconds. If you break  LOS your detection obviously goes away. 

Now if you go back into LOS but less then your detection range your bloom will give you away.

I think this has been changed before your bloom was reset if you broke LOS

It just seems different now then it was before

[SALVO]
Members
24,770 posts
25,794 battles
16 minutes ago, Learux said:

Your bloom stays for 20 seconds. If you break  LOS your detection obviously goes away. 

Now if you go back into LOS but less then your detection range your bloom will give you away.

I think this has been changed before your bloom was reset if you broke LOS

It just seems different now then it was before

This isn't true anymore.  If you have an active gun bloom penalty and you break line of sight, the penalty remains active.  This change was made a handful of updates ago, though I don't remember when (and don't really feel like digging through old update release notes to find out).  I don't like this change and wish that it was reverted, but for now one just has to live with it.

[TMS]
Members
3,348 posts
33,110 battles
5 minutes ago, Learux said:

Was this an intentional change?

They said it was a bug and people voted to keep it but WG didn't listen and fixed it in the very next update.

[CAST]
Members
4,977 posts
3,513 battles

As I recall, Wargaming had to 'fix' it because it was causing game performance bugs on the server. But they acknowledged that this feature was very popular and said they will try and bring it back, but they have to find some other means of doing it that wasn't messing with their boxes.

[TMS]
Members
3,348 posts
33,110 battles
12 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

As I recall, Wargaming had to 'fix' it because it was causing game performance bugs on the server. But they acknowledged that this feature was very popular and said they will try and bring it back, but they have to find some other means of doing it that wasn't messing with their boxes.

That's just an excuse, they want ships dead faster.

Edited by Final8ty

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
5 hours ago, Learux said:

If you break  LOS your detection obviously goes away. 

No, this is not the case.

If you break LoS you might not actually be spotted anymore but your gun bloom remains extended to your maximum gunnery range until the 20 seconds expire.  So if you regain LoS again before the 20 seconds are up, you will be spotted.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
4 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

...and I'd buy that WG line as readily as I would buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

Radarx or suboctavian mentioned in a reddit thread recently that they're still planning on reverting to the previous "bugged" version (where breaking line of sight resets bloom), but recent game items meant it has been pushed back a bit. 

Sign in to follow this