Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ItzYaBoyMe

yueyang, gearing, khab

17 comments in this topic

[CUJO]
Members
25 posts
5,218 battles

Im trying to get a new dd since i only have one and i want to know wich one to go for, i like all the styles of gameplay but i want to know which one is the best or fun.

Edited by ItzYaBoyMe

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

CVs make Russian DD's a waste of time to play atm... Gearing is still a solid all around DD(Can be built for almost any role) and a CL/CA's best friend.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
17 minutes ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

ill probbally go for gearing it sounds like a decent torp boat and a fun support ship

Aim for daring.. pause to appreciate the amazing stealth and 360 degree turrets of lightning... stop at jutland because its OP...

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,441 battles
17 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

CVs make Russian DD's a waste of time to play atm... Gearing is still a solid all around DD(Can be built for almost any role) and a CL/CA's best friend.

I've had no problem grinding the RU DD lines since the new CVs were released, and having played both Gearing and Grozovoi I'd much rather play Grozovoi if there's any CVs in the match.

• Cool 1

Members
1,724 posts
11,215 battles

khaba is still good even if its been powercrept in part thanks to mechanic changes.  Tashkent is the highlight of the line.   YY got hit with a nerf bat, as did chung Mu.  I don't find them that appealing anymore.  DWT are still very strong due to their lack of last second dodging.  Gearing is Ok, but i would rather play a Z52 or a Daring.  Fletcher is still excellent.  Z52s AP, 1 min reloading torps,  and hydro make it a fun ship to play.   Daring has good torps, better AP angles, fire rate, better fire chance, hydro, heals, and a lot of quick smokes to get out of trouble or just quickly farm a ship and move on before torps/radar close in.  Gearing has those 16.5km torps, long lasting smokes, double edge armor plating, and DFAA.  Long range torps are nice, the long lasting smoke is meh.   You have a long time to wait between uses, and if the battle shifts away, the smoke isn't that useful for a large chunk of its life.  The gearings tools are more useful in comp play.  the comments above are for randoms. 

• Cool 1

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,775 battles

slight correction: Khaba is not actually a DD, and if you play it like a DD, you will fail horribly. That particular DD line only goes up to T7, (maybe T8) and the rest of the line are actually super fast light cruisers with no citadels and crappy torps. The key is to embrace your lack of concealment, take double rudder shift, and heal instead of smoke, and AFT instead of CE, and go Daka from 13+ km while racking 1 mil potential damage every game. It's not for everyone, but can be a lot of fun.

Members
647 posts
72 battles
3 hours ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

Im trying to get a new dd since i only have one and i want to know wich one to go for, i like all the styles of gameplay but i want to know which one is the best or fun.

None of the above! Go with Harugumo. Best guns and torps in the business! And decent AA and Smoke.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,719 posts
12,636 battles
9 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Ummm, what? Russian DDs do very well due to not relying so heavily on stealth.

As for Gearing, you built it for a torpedo boat or you get to die a lot. Gunboat builds have been dead since patch 6.3.

Of the three, the RU line is a no-brainer. Khab is no longer the monster it was, but you can still do all sorts of nonsense with it. The Udaloi before it is, pound for pound, a better ship and a keeper for sure.

Ditch the YouTube meme builds on the RU ships, fit the consealment mod, and use a little stealth to get places the reds really don't want you to be.

Udaloi with fifteen 8k torps and 8k consealment is hilarious at conducting a fighting retreat.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
10 hours ago, How_could_she_do_that said:

When was the last time you saw a yy or a khab?

Go with gearing. at least you will play the fletcher while grinding

Khab is still fun and not an team oriented boat. It's still a boat I play from time to time but not as often as I used to before worc and haru.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Ummm, what? Russian DDs do very well due to not relying so heavily on stealth.

As for Gearing, you built it for a torpedo boat or you get to die a lot. Gunboat builds have been dead since patch 6.3.

Of the three, the RU line is a no-brainer. Khab is no longer the monster it was, but you can still do all sorts of nonsense with it. The Udaloi before it is, pound for pound, a better ship and a keeper for sure.

Keiv with no smoke gets hunted mercilessly by a CV. Same for Trashcan and Khaba. All you can do is basically run back towards you teammates with good AA. Rendering you basically useless, Russian DDs(Non Groz line) are best when you get wide on the flank and can pump in massive amounts of damage. Last game in the Kiev CV followed me around whole game so I couldn't speed tank or trade at all. Absolute f*cking cancer. 

Gearing can be built anyway you want since it's a Hybrid. Gunbote Gearing is great, beating down over confident Darings and stupid Groz's with ease. Be nice if Gearing was given Groz's Russian bias treatment and able to mount speed boost along side Def AA but all well.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
12 hours ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

The destroyer lines play so differently.  No way to tell what you'll end up liking until you've actually tried them.

This is something you're going to have to find out yourself.  The hard way.

Edited by Kuckoo

Sign in to follow this