You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ChiefEngineman

French Destroyers Where Are They?

25 comments in this topic

[MMR1]
[MMR1]
Members
43 posts
16,262 battles

So I'm just wondering after watching a full ahead vid. How many of you are enjoying the French Destroyers? I know i'm not enjoying them, I haven't received unlock mission for any as of yet. Two weeks into directives(9 crates), bonus twitch personal mission(3 or more crates) and still no prize in the Cracker Jack Box......seems kinda lame considering in the British Destroyer drop I got two in one week.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
4,923 posts
7,996 battles

I’m enjoying them well enough. I dropped about 1,500 doubloons on boxes (the ones priced at 150 doubloons each) and came away with the Jaguar and Vauquelin quests. 

[11FLT]
Members
55 posts

You now at first I was not enjoying them as much, but after I stopped playing the T8 Fr DD and kept playing just the t5, t6, t7 and t9 I began to enjoy them. Took a lot advice from the forum and I am finally starting to get the hang of them. As for teammates they can make playing this dd line a pain. other team members will yell at you and resort to name calling and trying to belittle you for not playing them like a shima or other dd line. If you play it like other DDs instant death awaits you

Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I saw a lot the first day or two from other players. I haven't gotten one myself and don't recall seeing any today except for one Vaq-something

[RLGN]
Members
14,266 posts
25,117 battles
1 hour ago, Locote_USA_RET_11B said:

You now at first I was not enjoying them as much, but after I stopped playing the T8 Fr DD and kept playing just the t5, t6, t7 and t9 I began to enjoy them. Took a lot advice from the forum and I am finally starting to get the hang of them. As for teammates they can make playing this dd line a pain. other team members will yell at you and resort to name calling and trying to belittle you for not playing them like a shima or other dd line. If you play it like other DDs instant death awaits you.

Hang back and play like a Khab?

Unfortunately my long range gunnery sucks, so yeah; not gonna happen.

Haven't drawn any, don’t plan on buying any.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles

I just want to add:

When Le Terrible was new in October 2018, all you guys around here whined about how bad of a DD she was, how bad the French DD gameplay she represented was, how you won't spend money on such a ship.  A fast sailing DD with poor concealment, no repair party, no smoke, etc.  How often you guys posted videos of her getting outspotted and r**** by Harugumo.  Etc.  Saying things like, "I'm voting with my wallet and not spending on this POS ship."

Well.

Fast forward July 2019.

All you guys are spending Doubloons gambling for early access to these French DDs, which are THE SAME D*** THING AS LE TERRIBLE.

Those same characteristics you condemned Le Terrible for having, you are now paying real money for with the tech tree FR DDs.  Some have blown up to 27k or worse, 30k Doubloons in gambling for Tier IX Mogador, a tech tree ship.

That's right.

All you guys.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
2 hours ago, ChiefEngineman said:

So I'm just wondering after watching a full ahead vid. How many of you are enjoying the French Destroyers? I know i'm not enjoying them, I haven't received unlock mission for any as of yet. Two weeks into directives(9 crates), bonus twitch personal mission(3 or more crates) and still no prize in the Cracker Jack Box......seems kinda lame considering in the British Destroyer drop I got two in one week.

I've got two of them. I sort of like them OK but I like the USN line better. I usually get one or two kills per match with the tier V and VI French DDs though. I think once I figure out the leads required and ship angles required to get all the guns to bear, I'll do better. I don't know if you got the Agile from a mission but they are pretty much it sans smoke and with a rapid-fire booster. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,072 posts
3,866 battles
38 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I just want to add:

When Le Terrible was new in October 2018, all you guys around here whined about how bad of a DD she was, how bad the French DD gameplay she represented was, how you won't spend money on such a ship.  A fast sailing DD with poor concealment, no repair party, no smoke, etc.  How often you guys posted videos of her getting outspotted and r**** by Harugumo.  Etc.  Saying things like, "I'm voting with my wallet and not spending on this POS ship."

Well.

Fast forward July 2019.

All you guys are spending Doubloons gambling for early access to these French DDs, which are THE SAME D*** THING AS LE TERRIBLE.

Those same characteristics you condemned Le Terrible for having, you are now paying real money for with the tech tree FR DDs.  Some have blown up to 27k or worse, 30k Doubloons in gambling for Tier IX Mogador, a tech tree ship.

That's right.

All you guys.

Same thing will probably happen on the Italian cruiser line with the premium ships we already have in game...fast but fragile and undergunned.

[-N-]
Members
262 posts
15,675 battles
47 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Amen, sir. 

Screenshot (2263).png

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,073 posts
3 hours ago, ChiefEngineman said:

RNG Rules:Smile_sad:

Tho to tell the truth after watching the Vids and reading about them they Don't Interest me all that much,  Unlike the Italian Cruiser Line:cap_cool:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,073 posts
59 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I just want to add:

Well.

Fast forward July 2019.

That's right.

All you guys.

7 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

RNG Rules:Smile_sad:

Tho to tell the truth after watching the Vids and reading about them they Don't Interest me all that much,  Unlike the Italian Cruiser Line:cap_cool:

Yup:Smile_facepalm:

[POP]
Members
1,573 posts
22,567 battles

What horrifies me most about the French DDs is what they may be buffed to in order to get people to play them. Grozovoi was not being played much and look what they did to it. The French DDs have a skill floor that will not be comfortable for a lot of people, that does not mean they are not very capable ships in the right hands … what happens if they decide they need to buff them to make them more popular like they did Groz?

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles

The drop rate for the French DD missions is horrendous. Full Ahead makes it appear you'll get all but you're lucky to get one unless you buy containers. This seems to be WG normal marketing practice.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I've got two of them. I sort of like them OK but I like the USN line better. I usually get one or two kills per match with the tier V and VI French DDs though. I think once I figure out the leads required and ship angles required to get all the guns to bear, I'll do better. I don't know if you got the Agile from a mission but they are pretty much it sans smoke and with a rapid-fire booster. 

In coops the new French DD's play much different than the Agile or DD's from other nations. Try to avoid engaging other DD's & target cruisers & BB's.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
4 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The drop rate for the French DD missions is horrendous. Full Ahead makes it appear you'll get all but you're lucky to get one unless you buy containers. This seems to be WG normal marketing practice.

I got two ship missions in the last few days from just playing the game but I might have been lucky too. I've been playing WOWS more than usual because the event also dropped some Premium days and I felt obligated to use them. 

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

They are safely behind a "BUY WALL"......   The rest of this exercise, in chance futility, is hyperbole.  Wait a few weeks and they will be tech tree ships; if anyone would have the urge to grind them....  And, I'm not sure why anyone would want to grind them?    Make no mistake, this is a Buy-2-Play event....... 

[TDRB]
Members
5,123 posts
13,731 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I got two ship missions in the last few days from just playing the game but I might have been lucky too. I've been playing WOWS more than usual because the event also dropped some Premium days and I felt obligated to use them. 

I got the Jaguar. I bought 2 containers & another with doubloons plus what the directives give you.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,199 battles
5 hours ago, ChiefEngineman said:

seems kinda lame considering in the British Destroyer drop I got two in one week.

Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose, sometimes ya gotta buy all yer own booze. It's RANDOM. 

[ASHIP]
Members
130 posts
9,588 battles

So, let me get this straight. Only way to get the Mogador is to spend 30k in gold?

[M-B]
Members
108 posts

I've opened every crate available, only got the 5. From what I've seen playing it, not really a fan. Not saying it was a bad ship, but after 20 games in it, I have no desire to grind the line.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
665 posts
13,704 battles
7 minutes ago, I_Am_Taras_Bulba said:

So, let me get this straight. Only way to get the Mogador is to spend 30k in gold?

If you're luck and the RNG gods smiles upon you no. If not.... Yes 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles
1 hour ago, iron_crosstx said:

I've opened every crate available, only got the 5. From what I've seen playing it, not really a fan. Not saying it was a bad ship, but after 20 games in it, I have no desire to grind the line.

To be fair, the Tier V Jaguar doesn't even have half the features that the FR DD Line is all about.  It doesn't have MBRB, that starts Tier VI, I think.  FR DDs also feature high power AP (for a DD)... Starting at Tier VIII.

[NLIST]
Members
129 posts
9,228 battles
2 hours ago, I_Am_Taras_Bulba said:

It's hilarious that I got it on the very1st box.

Edited by Xantek