Capt_Ahab1776

Forums

4 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,615 battles

I have a suggestion for all the regular forum reader/contributors. Especially if you are in a clan. Encourage your friends and clan mates about visiting the forums. I'm sure some of you already do. From the heads up from WoW staff, like Kami's basics of the game and Fem's forum contest games, to CC's submissions like Little White Mouse and NoZoupforYou.   Many of the more experienced captains offer suggestions on different aspects of the game. The forums can be a resource. I'm glad that it is here, it can help with community building for sure.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 2

Members
596 posts
10,570 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I have a suggestion for all the regular forum reader/contributors. Especially if you are in a clan. Encourage your friends and clan mates about visiting the forums. I'm sure some of you already do. From the heads up from WoW staff, like Kami's basics of the game and Fem's forum contest games, to CC's submissions like Little White Mouse and NoZoupforYou.   Many of the more experienced captains offer suggestions on different aspects of the game. The forums can be a resource. I'm glad that it is here, it can help with community building for sure.

More people to debate is quite nice but I don't think making EVERYONE come to the forums is too good of a idea.

I played a lot of online games and sure I didn't come to WoWs for the community, I love history and I'm a weeb and many people came for that reason but the quite salt-free in game chats are quite awesome and rare to find noways. Yes, it's true: lately you see way way more toxic comments but still is quite a very low salt level compared to most games out there. Probably the 38 years old average for players (IIRC WG published that quite a while ago) and the "hard" for beginners gameplay filter a lot of that rage and sodium chloride that is spilled in game. 

I love these forums and the reddit but it's a much more salty environment than the game itself and might affect many people (specially not gamers or just history fans that barely played this and tetrix back in the day). Not saying that they will quit for that, just saying that they might turn on the game the same time with a bad mouth taste of all the salt they ate or read.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,615 battles
4 minutes ago, XurMP said:

More people to debate is quite nice but I don't think making EVERYONE come to the forums is too good of a idea.

I played a lot of online games and sure I didn't come to WoWs for the community, I love history and I'm a weeb and many people came for that reason but the quite salt-free in game chats are quite awesome and rare to find noways. Yes, it's true: lately you see way way more toxic comments but still is quite a very low salt level compared to most games out there. Probably the 38 years old average for players (IIRC WG published that quite a while ago) and the "hard" for beginners gameplay filter a lot of that rage and sodium chloride that is spilled in game. 

I love these forums and the reddit but it's a much more salty environment than the game itself and might affect many people (specially not gamers or just history fans that barely played this and tetrix back in the day). Not saying that they will quit for that, just saying that they might turn on the game the same time with a bad mouth taste of all the salt they ate or read.

I hear you. I just meant from a positive aspect. We can't control how others behave. I try to look for the help and knowledge I can gain by coming here. I as you enjoy the forums and Reddit.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this