You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

How Are Players Suppose To Enjoy The Game With One Side Wipeouts WG Please Explain

178 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles

I don't know how to write this post without saying something that will trigger the Ire of the Mods but I will do my best.

I have just played Five games of mid tier battles and that's about as much as I can stomach tonight, there was a time when I could just play and play despite constant losses because back then you had a variety of battles from fairly close to nail biters that at least gave you the incentive to try harder next game, now its just total disintegration and massacre from the start or if your team is in with a small chance or leading they suddenly self destruct through sheer stupidity.

I am the first one to put my hand up and say I'm not a great player, I would like to think I am half decent but if you were to look at my stats tonight they look terrible, did I play bad possible, could I have played better sure but that's not the problem here my stats look bad because as my team disintegrated around me and others more enemy guns were trained on me and those few others so I and the last survivors were focused and destroyed looking like a bunch of first gamers.

My first game and the one we had a chance of winning almost went to full time we had one ship left a CV no less and he almost pull it out of the fire for us against 3 enemy ships but was sunk with 12 seconds to go.

A big shout out to @cpt_Black_beerd for that.

2 games lasted 10 minutes and under, another 2 games lasted 12 minutes but that was because the surviving ship ran which is fair enough since he being chased by 8 to 10 ships so the game lasted a bit longer.     

The last game God this is a beauty we were in front leading 2 caps to none early then we lost 9 ships in less than 3 minutes, NINE SHIPS even the Russians at The Battle of Tsushima manage to put up a better fight which lasted longer.

I love this game I play it everyday use to play up to 20 games a day now I cant even stomach 5 even when I'm winning, sure I like a good win and a Kraken every now and then but I play for the team sometimes I play badly make a mistake but I am only interested in a team win, but now its just wipeout over and over and over and over whichever way it goes whether on the winning or losing team, this is the second rant about the state of the game I have written the last one was on the 25th of July a post very similar to this one, and there have been many others from other players, and what happens when these posts come out the media department comes out and tells everyone that we are MONITORING THE SITUATION and we are GATHERING DATA and THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

Then we get a announcement of a new tier 9 or 10 SUPER CRUISER or BATTLESHIP with 20 INCH guns, WG this will not fix the GAME.

Do any employees at WG even play this GAME I mean in RANDOM.

Hear is some feedback for LESTA, your game IS FAILING people are LEAVING, as a AUSSIE to the DEV department at LESTA and I say this honestly and sincerely you guys are Geniuses you have created something fantastic don't let it die " SO FIX THE BLOODY GAME "

RANT OVER

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 20
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 5

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,490 battles

So you recommend teams doing *too well* be penalized mid combat to give the other side a chance?  Sounds wonderful, that is, until you’re on the winning side and your well earned victory is taken away. :fish_palm:

• Cool 3
  • Confused 3

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts

I posted this the other day, but it speaks volumes as to why this is such a problem.

H75kkN0.png

78% of players average less than 1 game per day, 20 per month.

If you add in the players who who play 100 games per month, 3.3 games a day on average, that's 92% of the players.

if players are playing this few games, the number of blowouts are magnified. If you only play 3 games a day, and all of them are blowouts, how many days like that are going to simply make you stop playing?

• Cool 10

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

So you recommend teams doing *too well* be penalized mid combat to give the other side a chance?  Sounds wonderful, that is, until you’re on the winning side and your well earned victory is taken away. :fish_palm:

Did you even read the post fully are did you just read certain select parts of it  because from your reply that seems the case, let me guess you have purple stats.  

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,441 battles
13 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I don't know how to write this post without saying something that trigger the Ire of the Mods but I will do my best.

I have just played Five games of mid tier battles and that's about as much as I can stomach tonight, there was a time when I could just play and play despite constant losses because back then you had a variety of battles from fairly close to nail biters that at least gave you the incentive to try harder next game, now its just total disintegration and massacre from the start or if your team is in with a small chance or leading they suddenly self destruct through sheer stupidity.

I am the first one to put my hand up and say I'm not great player, I would like to think I am half decent but if you were to look at my stats tonight they look terrible, did I play bad possible, could I have played better sure but that's not the problem here my stats look bad because as my team disintegrated around me and others more enemy guns were trained on me and those few others so I and the last survivors were focused and destroyed looking like a bunch of first gamers.

My first game and the one we had chance of winning almost went to full time we had won ship left a CV no less and he almost pull it out of the fire for us against 3 enemy ships but was sunk with 12 seconds to go.

A big shout out to @cpt_Black_beerd for that.

2 games lasted 10 minutes and under, another 2 games lasted 12 minutes but that was because the surviving ship ran which is fair enough since he being chased by 8 to 10 ships so the game lasted a bit longer.     

The last game God this is a beauty we were in front lead 2 caps to none early then we lost 9 ships in less than 3 minutes, NINE SHIPS even the Russians at The Battle of Tsushima manage to put up a better fight which lasted longer.

I love this game I play it everyday use to play up to 20 games a day now I cant even stomach 5 even when I'm winning, sure I like a good win and a Kraken every now and then but I play for the team sometimes I play badly make a mistake but I am only interested in a team win, but now its just wipeout over and over and over and over whichever way it goes whether on the winning or losing team, this is the second rant about the state of the game I have written the last one was on the 25th of July a post very similar to this one, and there have been many others from other players, and what happens when these posts come out the media department comes out and tells everyone that we are MONITORING THE SITUATION and we are GATHERING DATA and THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

Then we get a announcement of a new tier 9 or 10 SUPER CRUISER or BATTLESHIP with 20 INCH guns, WG this with not fix the GAME.

Do any employees at WG even play this GAME I mean in RANDOM.

Hear is some feedback for LESTA, your game IS FAILING people are LEAVING, as a AUSSIE to the DEV department at LESTA and I say this honestly and sincerely you guys are Geniuses you have created something fantastic don't let it die " SO FIX THE BLOODY GAME "

RANT OVER

What is your solution?

[DOG]
Members
1,109 posts
11,802 battles

I think most of this is due to the time and distance compression the devs used in order to have 20 minute matches.  It magnifies every mistake and roll of the RNGesus dice.  Once your team is down even one ship, that's usually a sign you will lose the match, unless you even it out by sinking one on the other team within 30-40 seconds.

• Boring 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,930 battles

Welcome to weekend.

Also wg is working to make the game more brainless as possible, as result we going have more brainless teans how is going be stomped even faster.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
1,662 posts
10,837 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Did you even read the post fully are did you just read certain select parts of it  because from your reply that seems the case, let me guess you have purple stats.  

Dude - I can see how he made the mistake.  That post needs serious editing for grammar and syntax.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
13,269 posts

Blowouts were fairly common in the past as well. Whether or not they are more or less common now, I'm not sure. The snowball effect has always been in force due to the lack of respawns in this game.

9i3W8Q7.gif

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
2 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

Dude - I can see how he made the mistake.  That post needs serious editing for grammar and syntax.

Thanks for the heads up but its 2.30 in the morning over here and I have really patience with proper grammar at this hour but I will try to next time if I survive the wrath of the mods in my next post :Smile_honoring:  

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
6 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

What is your solution?

Solutions ok being that I'm just a humble blue collar and not a wiz kid from LESTA how about we start with getting rid of some of the more ridiculous gimmicks on ships not all of them but some, then then the tier match making system 2up or 2 down or whatever it is.

Let me get back to you I think of some more but its 2.30 in the morning right know I'm a bit tired    

[UN1]
Members
1,218 posts
3,659 battles

Welcome to the weekend (lost like 11 out of 13 games today), and...

The French event encourages players to play ships they never play.  Combine that with the weekend and you have a recipe for disaster.

Every loss today was a complete blowout.

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
2 minutes ago, Ranari said:

The French event encourages players to play ships they never play.  Combine that with the weekend and you have a recipe for disaster.

I hear ya just finished getting burnt out from HILL and BENHAM grind then they hit you with another one

[KRAK]
Members
1,354 posts
15,265 battles

Very powerful ships in the hands of not so skilled players results in blowout games. Think of the ship's offense as a lever arm of the player's skill. If all ships could take a lot more damage (%wise) than now, then blowouts would be less common.

One SINOP AP shell can take 25K HP off my IZMAIL.

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
12 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Blowouts were fairly common in the past as well. Whether or not they are more or less common now, I'm not sure. The snowball effect has always been in force due to the lack of respawns in this game.

9i3W8Q7.gif

True blowouts have always been around but the scale of recent times were never like this going back 2 years I started playing I think 2015 its 2.30 in the morning so I'm not thinking 100% back then it was manageable now its out of control.

My view of course others may and probable will disagree :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,931 posts
8,010 battles

Any game that does not allow respawns is going to trend towards lopsided battles. Accept that as part of World of Warships, or move onto something else. 

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,490 battles
19 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I do not have purple stats, I do not hide my stats.  But lets get back to the point of the post, wipe out games aren't fun (and I'd agree, and go further its usually not fun for most of the winning team either).  So how do you fix that with game mechanics?  I take the stand that anything WG does to influence game outcomes via mechanics will do more harm than good.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,615 posts
8,595 battles
1 minute ago, tm63au said:

True blowouts have always been around but the scale of recent times were never like this going back 2 years I started playing I think 2015 its 2.30 in the morning so I'm not thinking 100% back then it was manageable now its out of control.

My view of course others may and probable will disagree :Smile_honoring:

At the start of the game, two groups of four players (1 red and 1 green) are matched against each other in a certain area.

The green Asashio goes wide and takes himself out of the fight.  4-3 and spotting lost.

Next the green Neptune, without spotting doesn't realize the red yammie has him broadside.  4-2.

The two remaining greens have to be very good to handle the 4 reds.  The only thing the reds haven't done is make the first mistake.  They may have the same win rate as the greens.

What  can WG step in and do to prevent this from happening other than not letting people play?

• Cool 2

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,127 posts
7,992 battles

The answer is you're not.  I had a battle not too long ago in my Kremlin where I did 49k damage.  I finished 2nd on the team, in a victory, and I've had more enjoyable losses than that battle. 

This might be an unpopular and controversial opinion, but I really think WG should get rid of losing by hitting 0 points entirely.  Nobody is happy when that happens.  I hate winning that way, and I hate losing that way.  Even if a game is beyond saving, I can still salvage some personal enjoyment out of a loss by fighting on a bit longer.  On the flip side the most frustrating experiences in WoWS are when you zero the enemy team out when they still have numerous full health ships left alive, even more so if you fail a Naval Battle mission because of it.   

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 14

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

I quit playing random battles because of the stupid blow out games, which happens more times than not. WG doesn't really seem to want to fix the problem. They are going to give it a feeble attempt soon it seems, but they aren't even considering changing the MM from the 3 tier system to a 2 tier system. I might try Randoms when the new system is in effect, I don't hold much hope for it though.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
12 minutes ago, Ranari said:

While i’ll voice my opinion, most of these games I will take 2 or 3 of the enemy with me.  I’ve accepted the fact that not everyone plays this game enough to know every in an out, know every ship class and be a SU player.  It is what it is, take a breath, stop looking at your stats that don’t mean a thing and try and have fun.  I hate losing, but I at least try and have fun.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts

I remember playing a mod in Age of Empires that was written so if one player got too far ahead then his units would be nerfed back to entry level. However, at the next level, should the nerfed player achieve it, the units would achieve "god" powers. The game mode was quite fun. However, it wouldn't work in WOWS.

Real battles in history were often routes for one side. This is the nature of warfare. It's also the nature of games. Look at spectator sports. Sometimes a game is close but many times one team will jump so far ahead of another to make it boring, not only to watch but for the players themselves.

The mechanics and psychology of routes is quite an interesting subject. It would be interesting were we to explore just what causes routes in WOWS. However, this would take some in-depth analysis and rational discussion, both of which are oftentimes lacking on Internet forums.   

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles
9 minutes ago, tm63au said:

2.30 in the morning so I'm not thinking 100%

I think if you can't type 100% because it's 2:30, that you can't play 100% either. You have stated that more than once in this thread.

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
22 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I do not have purple stats, I do not hide my stats.  But lets get back to the point of the post, wipe out games aren't fun (and I'd agree, and go further its usually not fun for most of the winning team either).  So how do you fix that with game mechanics?  I take the stand that anything WG does to influence game outcomes via mechanics will do more harm than good.

Well WG needs to look at some of the most recent and needed revisions in game mechanics and reverse them or at the very least tone then down, they need to go back and look at the so called data they have collected from the past 2 or so years and match it up with what revisions have been made in recent times  see where it has gone wrong BITE THE BULLET admit its wrong and FIX it or REVERSE IT. 

People have been saying on this forum for years if ain't broke don't fix it I don't have all the answers never will but WG  announcing a new 20 inch Battleship from a paper design found in some guys cupboard wont help for example the AA rework.

Edited by tm63au