Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

13 comments in this topic

Members
58 posts
485 battles

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a large drop in FPS in the last few days.  I don't have a great system, but with low settings, I've always gotten around 45-55 FPS which is doable.  Now all of the sudden I'm getting 20, sometimes lower. 

If no one else is experiencing this, then I'll have to figure out what is causing it.  Any suggestions are appreciated. The only thing I've changed recently is I installed the Nanogram crosshair from the modstation.  I don't imagine that would affect it.  FPS is low all of the time, not just in zoom.  

It's a Del laptop i7 500 gig with the crappy intel integrated graphics.  Plenty of memory available, 250 gigs. 

Windows 10.  Just did a big update, but it was happening before update and continued after the update.

Thanks.

Edited by MakersMike

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,782 posts
4,631 battles
1 hour ago, MakersMike said:

I don't have a great system, but with low settings, I've always gotten around 45-55 FPS which is doable.  Now all of the sudden I'm getting 20, sometimes lower. 

What is your Audio setting?  Try turning it down to Low and see if that makes a difference.

[5D]
Members
1,065 posts
13,586 battles

Haven't see anything running game in ultra at the capped fps of 77fps

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,542 posts
32 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Haven't see anything running game in ultra at the capped fps of 77fps

Most modern computers will with no problem.  Mine is about 2 years old at this point and I run with everything maxed.  It keeps the cap pegged and if I unlock the frames per second in the config file, it will run between 120ish to 90 fps at 1440p.

Compared to current first person shooter triple A titles, this game is not super demanding on hardware.

Members
58 posts
485 battles

Thanks all for the replies.  There was a window's 10 update I didn't notice before, so the update time is pretty much when this started.  I tried every possible fix I could find on the internet with no success, made sure all my drivers were up to date etc.  Then I played world of tanks and had the same fps problem, so I knew it wasn't just world of warships.  I thought perhaps it was an overall wargaming issue and a glitch in the game center from the window's update. 

I doubted it would do anything but I ran the check and repair troubleshooter from the settings menu in the game center.   And it actually fixed it!  Fps is back to normal for both games.  Window's update must have mixed up a file or something.  Any ways, problem solved.  I appreciate the input. 

Low fps is much more doable in warships than in tanks.  Especially battleships with the slow speed and slow turrets.  And I actually played really good with the 18 fps, dare I say better than with faster fps?   I think it made me slow down and focus a bit more on my shots than I normally would.  So I'll try and learn from that and be a little more patient on my shots.  

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,921 battles

Out of curiosity, how hot does your computer get? A clanmate recently cleared out the fans on his laptop and gained 30-40 fps from it (I should stress that his computer hadn't been cleaned in years, so it's a best case scenario, but it's something to think about)

Members
5,263 posts
9,960 battles

The last patch had changes to the lighting system and probably caused the drop - especially with Intel integrated graphics.

Members
58 posts
485 battles
On 8/3/2019 at 6:09 PM, TheOmegaDuck said:

Out of curiosity, how hot does your computer get? A clanmate recently cleared out the fans on his laptop and gained 30-40 fps from it (I should stress that his computer hadn't been cleaned in years, so it's a best case scenario, but it's something to think about)

I recently put a pretty high suction vacuum hose to it and it cleaned up the grill pretty well, but I need to clean it better.  Did he take his apart and do a full cleaning or just hit it with some canned air ?  It's back to where it was since I did the repair check, but maybe I can add some more fps.  It used to get fairly hot but I got a cheap cooling pad with some fans and it's made a big difference actually.  And thinking about it, I only vacuumed the side vent, forgot about the underneath vents all together.  Thanks for the reminder.  I'll give it a good cleaning.  

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
On 8/3/2019 at 1:32 AM, MakersMike said:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a large drop in FPS in the last few days.  I don't have a great system, but with low settings, I've always gotten around 45-55 FPS which is doable.  Now all of the sudden I'm getting 20, sometimes lower. 

If no one else is experiencing this, then I'll have to figure out what is causing it.  Any suggestions are appreciated. The only thing I've changed recently is I installed the Nanogram crosshair from the modstation.  I don't imagine that would affect it.  FPS is low all of the time, not just in zoom.  

It's a Del laptop i7 500 gig with the crappy intel integrated graphics.  Plenty of memory available, 250 gigs. 

Windows 10.  Just did a big update, but it was happening before update and continued after the update.

Thanks.

I only seem to get FPS drops when there is CV in the match. I usually run at about 70 FPS but when there is CV it drops to 35 and it drops before the match even starts while waiting for the countdown to start the match.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,782 posts
4,631 battles
6 hours ago, MakersMike said:

I recently put a pretty high suction vacuum hose to it and it cleaned up the grill pretty well

Be careful not to spin the fans fast with the vacuum.  DC fan motors are also DC generators and you can drive high voltage back into the power buss, potentially damaging something.

Edited by iDuckman

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,921 battles
6 hours ago, MakersMike said:

I recently put a pretty high suction vacuum hose to it and it cleaned up the grill pretty well, but I need to clean it better.  Did he take his apart and do a full cleaning or just hit it with some canned air ?  It's back to where it was since I did the repair check, but maybe I can add some more fps.  It used to get fairly hot but I got a cheap cooling pad with some fans and it's made a big difference actually.  And thinking about it, I only vacuumed the side vent, forgot about the underneath vents all together.  Thanks for the reminder.  I'll give it a good cleaning.  

He partially took it apart if I remember correctly. Took the lower plate off, and applied the vacuum directly to the fan. Didn't physically remove the fan to clean though.

• Cool 1

Members
58 posts
485 battles
On 8/7/2019 at 10:56 AM, iDuckman said:

Be careful not to spin the fans fast with the vacuum.  DC fan motors are also DC generators and you can drive high voltage back into the power buss, potentially damaging something.

Good to know thanks.  I also wondered if it could suck a wire loose or something after I did it because it was a pretty strong vacuum.  I just googled it and there is a risk.  They all said don't have it on high, make sure it only gets a fraction of the suction power and only place the vacuum there for a second or less at one time.  What did I do?  Put vacuum on high, made sure it got as much suction as possible and held it there for a good 10 seconds, then making several slow passes over the vent. lol.  Looks like the laptop made it through my abuse this time, but I think I'll be a little more cautious next time.   :fish_viking:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this