Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Huddy_91

These matches are [edited]!

9 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,015 battles

Today I have lost 7 games in a row! Everytime I get close to 50% WR this game does this! It is so infuriating. It's not luck ..it's little skill...it's purely the games system. It is so so so disheartening to play and to never win. It's like almost what's the point of playing If I am not getting anything out of it.  Because last time i checked it isn't fun to lose...for a week straight! I am about to walk away guys I need some tips....yes this is another rant about this game being rigged...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,585 posts
13,004 battles

Honestly, I think you attempted to advance up the tier lines too quickly.

Couple suggestions. Drop back down into the  tier 5-7 range, attempt to learn as much as you can about this game while there. Or maybe just find some like minded individuals who are good at this game, and division with them.

edit: for most people it takes a relatively significant amount of games for things to really "click". Some longer than others, some never at all. Just think you need more experience. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,578 posts

If the game is rigged, how did half the people of the game get to 50%, creating the average?

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,688 posts
18,567 battles

Lack of skills due to lack of knowledge is cool.

Saying that is rigged? That hasn't happen yet, wait until patch 0.8.7 goes live... That is when random game mode becomes less random...

Then vent about that...

I, like the DEVs, highly recommend spending time in the kindergarten (1-5) tiers for a bit...  Watch some educational WOWS youtube videos. That will hopefully open new perspectives on the game and the tactics used.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
2 posts
1,015 battles

I appreciate the tips and feedback. Yeah when I first started I did advance to quickly. Lately I've been sticking to 6 and 7 tiers, but the only reason I say "rigged" is because the last time I got close to 50% i lost every game till i got down to 45% and now I feel like it's doing it all over again. Losing game after game, but one thing I have noticed with my stats I have dramatically increased in stats. Dmg, PR, and just overall..which is good. Obviously no where near AWESOME at the game, but it is nice to see some growth. 

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,969 battles

When I lose four in a row I shut it off and take a break. After four I find I push bad situations and make even more mistakes. 

Walk away...

[FML]
Members
3,942 posts
15,503 battles
7 hours ago, Huddy_91 said:

Today I have lost 7 games in a row! Everytime I get close to 50% WR this game does this! It is so infuriating. It's not luck ..it's little skill...it's purely the games system. It is so so so disheartening to play and to never win. It's like almost what's the point of playing If I am not getting anything out of it.  Because last time i checked it isn't fun to lose...for a week straight! I am about to walk away guys I need some tips....yes this is another rant about this game being rigged...

Hi, welcome to WoWS. 

Firstly, I would encourage you not to follow your winrate so closely.  This game is very streaky - its easy to win half a dozen battles in a row, and lose half a dozen in a row each night.  Many players stop playing if they feel like they lost a few battles in a row badly, and feel like they're not at the top of their game.  Playing tilted is generally a bad idea - playing Ranked battles tilted is a terrible idea!

Still,  as you've raised your own stats, it is good to see they are generally trending upwards.  However, three T10 ships with less than a thousand battles played means you still have a lot more to learn.  That's OK, because as long as you want  to learn, and recognise that its you  who needs to get better, then it is certain that you will improve. 

However, sometimes knowing what help you need as an intermediate player can be hard - you've clearly outgrown the basic new player guides.  But you havent mastered the game to make full use of advanced techniques all the time.  

As such, I strongly encourage you to read the following: 

You may considerably benefit from that last resource in particular. 

Good luck!

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
6 hours ago, Huddy_91 said:

I appreciate the tips and feedback. Yeah when I first started I did advance to quickly. Lately I've been sticking to 6 and 7 tiers, but the only reason I say "rigged" is because the last time I got close to 50% i lost every game till i got down to 45% and now I feel like it's doing it all over again. Losing game after game, but one thing I have noticed with my stats I have dramatically increased in stats. Dmg, PR, and just overall..which is good. Obviously no where near AWESOME at the game, but it is nice to see some growth. 

Ignore your stats until you have over 1000 games. (at least 100 games for individual ships)

Before that, your sample size is too small, you're going to yo-yo and get discouraged. What you should expect to see, (assuming you're improving) is continued movement between say, 45-50%, gradually going to 46-50%, then maybe 47-51%. As you get more games, the gap will narrow, and the average of the gap will slowly trend upwards.

With less than 1000 games, your WR (when you're doing well) is advancing quickly. Expect to see it drop just as quickly when you have a losing streak.

I see you're close to 1000 games now, but you'll have expectations based on prior stats that may not have been valid.

Also, with more games, individual losing streaks have less effect on your WR.

Edited by Skpstr

Sign in to follow this