Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ItzYaBoyMe

Why is MM so bad to BISMARck

27 comments in this topic

[CUJO]
Members
25 posts
5,218 battles

the bismarck simply gets bottam tier constently and can do anything to make a big impact as other ships can, the caliber of the guns can do anything against anything a little bit angled and if your angled you will get penned constantly. Im not saying Bismarck isn't a bad ship but at times it just isn't fun but everything mixed such as dispersion, pennable armor, melts like cheese. is there anything im doing wrong i just constantly getting destroyed.

[CUJO]
Members
25 posts
5,218 battles

Well obviosly im not great at it i have played 10 battles in it but i still did some reseach i just dont understand how to play it

Members
3,583 posts
12,963 battles

Hadnt played the Bismarck seriously, since the end of  2017/beginning 2018. Began my mission to get all my ships to 50% WR. Had always felt like I treated the Bismarck very wrong when I played it.

Seemed to be alright now adays. Past 21 days..

bis.jpg

edit: it probably was a 40%/20%/40% as far as tier spread goes. I run full secondary minus IFHE and instead have CE.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 2

[SVG]
Members
1,912 posts
7,775 battles
1 minute ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

Well obviosly im not great at it i have played 10 battles in it but i still did some reseach

Struck the extra text.  There's not shame in being bad.  Recognizing that you are bad and working to get better is how you stop being bad.

i just dont understand how to play it

You don't play it.  Bad ships, but most especially bad battleships, are not very playable.

• Confused 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts

Well obviosly im not great at it i have played 10 battles in it but i still did some reseach i just dont understand how to play it

Like most higher tier German BBs, it is a brawler.  It works best if you can get in medium to close range.  I spec my captain for secondaries.

Don't rush in though.  Even though it works best as a brawler, if you try to get into close range early in the game, you will get focused down.

• Cool 2

[CUJO]
Members
25 posts
5,218 battles

I find that it is a brawler its just when im so close to other ships they can do like about 10k dmg i dont exactly rush into them necessarily but i feel that it just doesn't live up to the stories in real life 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,152 posts
10,985 battles
32 minutes ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

I find that it is a brawler its just when im so close to other ships they can do like about 10k dmg i dont exactly rush into them necessarily but i feel that it just doesn't live up to the stories in real life 

The biz! She starts a fun line of brawlers. The trick to doing well is understanding the caps. You want to find caps that isolate the battlefield.   Only those who enter the ring may do battle. In such a coliseum you will emerge victorious. You pick a cap and like a sumo wrestler you push everyone else out.  Open water is your enemy. Your spotted from the moon and there are fire houses everywhere. 

My captain is secondary and survival build. I do not do concealment. Use premium consumables. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

the bismarck simply gets bottam tier constently and can do anything to make a big impact as other ships can

Welcome to power creep; sux don't it?

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
2 hours ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

I personally hated bismarck. I love fdg and gk though. Ymmv.

Don't play to survive. Play to win. Push through the cap. Focus secondaries on dds. Focus main guns on radar cruisers. WASD serpentine with acoustics blazing.

You. Will. Die.

Buuut... you should have first blood and 1-3 kills. Meanwhile your cruiser and dd allies have hopefully pushed to solid choke points and capped. Sit back and make a sammich as you watch the enemy fold. You lost a bb... they lost a dd and maybe a cruiser... and the cap... its only a matter of time before your suicidal behavior nets a serious profit for your team. Ride to valhalla shiny and chrome my KM brothers and sisters.

• Cool 2

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,884 posts
17,922 battles
4 hours ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

the bismarck simply gets bottam tier constently and can do anything to make a big impact as other ships can, the caliber of the guns can do anything against anything a little bit angled and if your angled you will get penned constantly. Im not saying Bismarck isn't a bad ship but at times it just isn't fun but everything mixed such as dispersion, pennable armor, melts like cheese. is there anything im doing wrong i just constantly getting destroyed.

Bismarck Rocks!

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,979 posts
8,239 battles

It's not that MM is especially bad to Bis, it's that it uptiers horribly compared to the other T8 BBs. (except maybe Monarch)

I've only played KM, IJN, and US T8 BBs, but while Amagi and NC might be at a disadvantage, their guns work well at range, and T10 has bigger maps and a more conservative meta that rewards effectiveness at mid-long range.

[CUJO]
Members
25 posts
5,218 battles

i dont complain that mm is bad it feels like it is. plus Bismarck can't survive against higher tiers as well as other tier 8's 

[LOSC]
Members
578 posts

I think because MM is crap for Tier 8's.

Today in a tier 8 ship, I have played 6 matches, and 5 were against tier 10's!!!

[DOG]
Members
1,107 posts
11,777 battles

I haven't played my Bismarck in a while, just because I've been grinding other things.  I don't have that many games in it, but I don't remember it being all that bad.  Sure, you've got 8 15" guns, and you're constantly getting thrown up against ships with 9-12 guns of 16"-18" caliber.  And unless you show broadside, you can only bring 4 of them to bare.  On top of all that, your dispersion is about the same as watermelon seeds at a Gallagher stand-up comedy set.   But it does have decent secondaries, which are getting a slight buff.  I'm not sure, but the buff may have already happened with the current patch.  It also has decent AA. 

Edited by zubalkabir
  • Funny 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,884 posts
17,922 battles
28 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

I haven't played my Bismarck in a while, just because I've been grinding other things.  I don't have that many games in it, but I don't remember it being all that bad.  Sure, you've got 8 15" guns, and you're constantly getting thrown up against ships with 9-12 gun of 16"-18" caliber.  And unless you show broadside, you can only bring 4 of them to bare.  On top of all that, your dispersion is about the same as watermelon seeds at a Gallagher stand-up comedy set.   But it does have decent secondaries, which are getting a slight buff.  I'm not sure, but the buff may have already happened with the current patch.  It also has decent AA. 

In addition to great secondaries, and decent AA, it has good speed, maneuvers well, has fast rotating turrets, hydro, and good armor.   It's a package deal.  And if a captain plays to those strengths while minimizing its weaknesses ,it can do very well no matter the tier.  Don't underestimate its ability to maneuver in places higher tier BBs cannot go.  You might be bottom tier, but the ability to show up at places the reds can only bring DDs and CAs...that's a big advantage.  Not only the ability to bring beef at those points, but those places also tend to provide  protection from getting whacked by the big boys. 

• Cool 2

Members
2,435 posts
5,365 battles

The entire German BB line has been powercreeped to hell. Literally anything can counter it and the only thing they have is brawling, which the glorious russian bbs so x10 times better.

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,179 battles
41 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

In addition to great secondaries, and decent AA, it has good speed, maneuvers well, has fast rotating turrets, hydro, and good armor.   It's a package deal.  And if a captain plays to those strengths while minimizing its weaknesses ,it can do very well no matter the tier.  Don't underestimate its ability to maneuver in places higher tier BBs cannot go.  You might be bottom tier, but the ability to show up at places the reds can only bring DDs and CAs...that's a big advantage.  Not only the ability to bring beef at those points, but those places also tend to provide  protection from getting whacked by the big boys. 

18 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

The entire German BB line has been powercreeped to hell. Literally anything can counter it and the only thing they have is brawling, which the glorious russian bbs so x10 times better.

Saw this thread and had to take mine out for a spin, been a long time since I played her.

Was very fortunate enough to be in two T8 games. First one our dds were totally outplayed leading to the eventual loss. 

Second, well the results speak for themselves, not too shabby, thankfully less dds and Fem was on the other flank. German bbs are still my favorites because they are more suited to my aggressive playstyle. I won't always win, but damn they are fun.

shot-19.08.03_15.40.45-0610.jpg

shot-19.08.03_15.40.58-0721.jpg

shot-19.08.03_15.35.58-0244.jpg

shot-19.08.03_15.35.54-0707.jpg

Edited by Rabin69
wrong image uploaded

[PIMPS]
Members
1,493 posts
16 hours ago, Umikami said:

Welcome to power creep; sux don't it?

This right here. It was a good ship to play now its outclassed.

[DRMWK]
[DRMWK]
Members
1 post
1,685 battles

I loved the bismark, doing a Secondary build and getting right in the middle of the fight is really fun.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,625 posts

I'm trying to grind past the Bismark and almost always find myself in tier X games. The Bismark's main battery dispersion is atrocious. However, it is a fun brawler with secondaries, for the two minutes that you survive. 

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,179 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm trying to grind past the Bismark and almost always find myself in tier X games. The Bismark's main battery dispersion is atrocious. However, it is a fun brawler with secondaries, for the two minutes that you survive. 

The FDG isn't gonna be a picnic either even with the recent buffs. With both her and the Kurfust you gotta learn to forget you have back turrets early in game. The firing angles mean you gotta to show too much side to use them.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,475 posts
5,088 battles
21 hours ago, ItzYaBoyMe said:

Stories in real life? 

Bismarck wasnt some kind of super ship; it was an upgrade of an obsolete, WW1 design (Bayern).

Her only claim to fame was scoring a lucky hit on an overage WW1 battlecruiser.

Difficult to sink? Maybe, but much of that can be attributed to the fact that British gunnery was pretty piss poor in that engagement.

Her designers acknowledged she had some serious flaws when she was built, but there wasnt much they could do about it.

Stories? She had an effective service  life of ~9 months and her combat service was measured in mere days.

Not saying she was complete crap, but she definitely doesnt deserve all the hype attached to her.

Edited by BBsquid

[WOLFG]
Members
28,979 posts
8,239 battles
7 hours ago, zubalkabir said:

On top of all that, your dispersion is about the same as watermelon seeds at a Gallagher stand-up comedy set. 

That's what I find bad about it. In a T10 match, to get into effective range, you have to get closer than any other BB. That makes a primary focus target.

Either that, or you just stay back, and hope there's an opportunity to move in.

At least NC and Amagi can hit somewhat effectively at 19-20km, and thus have less chance to be focused in the first part of the match.

Sign in to follow this