You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Our CV had 1 battle enemy CV had 358, who do you think won?

27 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
13,235 posts
15 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Isn't this where they tell you to carry harder :Smile_veryhappy:

Dasha has an urgent message.

S4q7V89.png

• Funny 7

[TWFT]
Members
1,341 posts
37,342 battles

Do you all remember what the player base was asking for in regards to CV's before the RW?

I know that a few were telling WG to get rid of the "Sky Cancer", but most of us were just asking for WG to make the MM for CV's skill based so a Noob (With 1 CV battle under his belt in his purchased Kaga and a WR of 42% in all ships) did not face a unicom CV player (358 battles and a WR of 60% in all ships).  Skill based MM would have solved a lot of problems and saved the loss of revenue (at least from me) that WG might have lost with some of us players going to the "Im playing but not paying" game mode.

You can do the get gud crap all you want, but that will only go so far.

• Boring 5

[TF16B]
Modder
647 posts
798 battles
16 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Dasha has an urgent message.

For our Spanish speaking friends who may not understand Dasha.

knQIdmW.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,722 battles

So CVs have been made so unpopular and weak by recent changes to AA that people are barely playing them, but if there is a CV in your game it's the only determining factor in a win or loss?

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

Our DD had 1 battle enemy DD had 358 you do you think won?

Our BB had 1 battle enemy BB had 358 you do you think won?

Our CA had 1 battle enemy CA had 358 you do you think won?

Your point?

• Cool 5

[NUWES]
Members
3,125 posts
10,653 battles
1 minute ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Your point?

^ You beat me to it. lol

[MHG]
Members
345 posts
10,189 battles

That single CV made very little difference. CVs are in such a weird unfun state at the moment I’m honestly more impressed there was even a CV in your game haha. 

Members
208 posts
1,205 battles
39 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Your point?

This guy gets it, always blame the CV/DD/other people who couldnt carry their useless (edited) because the only constant is a good player, how they called it? Dunning-kruger effect maybe?

1561314515350.png

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,608 battles

There's bad CVs with 358 games too. In fact, oftentimes those are the worst ones... :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,711 posts
21,718 battles
4 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

So CVs have been made so unpopular and weak by recent changes to AA that people are barely playing them, but if there is a CV in your game it's the only determining factor in a win or loss?

Oddly I had a CV in just about every match today like usual.

How could no one be playing them and they are in almost every match I play?

Members
778 posts
2,755 battles

A game the other day our tier 9 CV was afk the entire game. We still won thanks to the enemy teams 2 radar cruisers going yolo mode to a cap without support. 

[TWFT]
Members
1,341 posts
37,342 battles
6 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I think winning or losing is a big factor in this game.  I don't mind a loss just as long as I have the same or close chance to the next guy in working to get that win.  I have had fun in matches I have lost, but I have never has fun in a losing match when the teams were so one sided.

6 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Your point?

My point is that our brand spanking new Kaga was placed in a match against a Unicom player that proceeded to just run the map.  Kaga decided that it would be a good idea to CV strike by flying his planes all along the border while the enemy CV just stayed on our 1 DD (killed him).  After his CV strike failed and our DD was dead from just the enemy CV, our brave little Kaga decided to engage in a secondary duel with a BB and 2 CA's....he lost that fight.

5 hours ago, Cakeman826 said:

That single CV made very little difference. CVs are in such a weird unfun state at the moment I’m honestly more impressed there was even a CV in your game haha. 

Have had CV's in more then 1/2 my matches today and I would agree with you that in some cases a CV is not as influential as it used to be but it is still more influential then any other ship in a match at this point.

2 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Same.

1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

A game the other day our tier 9 CV was afk the entire game. We still won thanks to the enemy teams 2 radar cruisers going yolo mode to a cap without support. 

Well at least there was a balance there, in my match it was way one sided.

1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Everybody starts at one.

Here's the thing Soshi, Our CV driver had 29 or so battles over all with a WR of 40% and the enemy CV had 10645 battles with a WR of 60%.

Edited by Turbotush

[WOLFG]
Members
28,903 posts
8,155 battles
5 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Same way that both T6 and T8 are always 2 tiers down....

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,876 battles
10 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Your point?

I guess his point is "Cvs are not allowed to play and be gud".

[KOHAI]
Members
1,694 posts
5,479 battles
5 hours ago, Turbotush said:

I think winning or losing is a big factor in this game.  I don't mind a loss just as long as I have the same or close chance to the next guy in working to get that win.  I have had fun in matches I have lost, but I have never has fun in a losing match when the teams were so one sided.

My point is that our brand spanking new Kaga was placed in a match against a Unicom player that proceeded to just run the map.  Kaga decided that it would be a good idea to CV strike by flying his planes all along the border while the enemy CV just stayed on our 1 DD (killed him).  After his CV strike failed and our DD was dead from just the enemy CV, our brave little Kaga decided to engage in a secondary duel with a BB and 2 CA's....he lost that fight.

Have had CV's in more then 1/2 my matches today and I would agree with you that in some cases a CV is not as influential as it used to be but it is still more influential then any other ship in a match at this point.

Same.

Well at least there was a balance there, in my match it was way one sided.

Here's the thing Soshi, Our CV driver had 29 or so battles over all with a WR of 40% and the enemy CV had 10645 battles with a WR of 60%.

Play DDs, laugh as you have more influence then a CV could ever dream. CVs only have influence because they can harass DDs, if your DDs are actually smart, then you stand a good chance of winning regardless of how good that CV is. It's really not that hard. CVs can't cap, do less damage then a CA, have a very long recycle (30 seconds to a minute to cycle attacks) and get their weapons annihilated by AA. If that's too much for you, I don't know what to tell you.

[TWFT]
Members
1,341 posts
37,342 battles
2 hours ago, megadeux said:

Play DDs, laugh as you have more influence then a CV could ever dream. CVs only have influence because they can harass DDs, if your DDs are actually smart, then you stand a good chance of winning regardless of how good that CV is. It's really not that hard. CVs can't cap, do less damage then a CA, have a very long recycle (30 seconds to a minute to cycle attacks) and get their weapons annihilated by AA. If that's too much for you, I don't know what to tell you.

This is true if you have a CV on your team that is just as skilled and can at least keep the enemy CV on his toes, but if you have the situation that my team had in this instance then your argument doesn't work. 

CV's out spot and out damage DD's in a 1 on 1 fight, hell a DD cant even see the CV so it really has no defense unless it is a AA build DD in which case WG has it so that ships that are AA build don't see as many CV battles as ships that are not AA build.

We only had 1 DD that actually tried to stay away from the enemy CV but was rocketed and bombed while he was in smoke (really good targeting on the enemy CV's part).  Our CV tried to do the CV strike but lost all his planes after the long flight around the border looking for the enemy CV (he never even spotted the enemy CV).  Enemy DD capped, main force had spotting that we did not have and the enemy CV just ruled the sky's, was great fun for the enemy team, a free win.  

Game lasted 10 min or so.

[KOHAI]
Members
1,694 posts
5,479 battles
6 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

This is true if you have a CV on your team that is just as skilled and can at least keep the enemy CV on his toes, but if you have the situation that my team had in this instance then your argument doesn't work. 

CV's out spot and out damage DD's in a 1 on 1 fight, hell a DD cant even see the CV so it really has no defense unless it is a AA build DD in which case WG has it so that ships that are AA build don't see as many CV battles as ships that are not AA build.

We only had 1 DD that actually tried to stay away from the enemy CV but was rocketed and bombed while he was in smoke (really good targeting on the enemy CV's part).  Our CV tried to do the CV strike but lost all his planes after the long flight around the border looking for the enemy CV (he never even spotted the enemy CV).  Enemy DD capped, main force had spotting that we did not have and the enemy CV just ruled the sky's, was great fun for the enemy team, a free win.  

Game lasted 10 min or so.

Except that the crucial point is that a Cv will never be able to successfully strike a DD inside the AA bubble of any moderately powerful AA ship. The key to successful DD play in a CV heavy match has always been to stay within 3-4km of allied ships, so the enemy CV has to incur significant losses during targeting. It works and I've both done it and seen it done by enemy teams in my own Shokaku. Really what you lose with a bad friendly CV is early game spotting, which is a huge disadvantage, but it's not as much of a throw as a suicide DD. 

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,722 battles
10 hours ago, Vaffu said:

The most recent maple syrup stats have them closer and closer to pre rework levels but unlike any other ship, if there are 10 in queue they fill 5 games. 10 battleships in queue can all go in one game and leave another game without a single battleship. The CVs are far less distributed. Also, I play my CVs on the weekends because I'm sort of my clans CV guy so I can knock off naval battle stars with them easily, especially lower ones.