You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Sinop. Jeez, this thing is a monster!

4 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,840 posts

So, I took Sinop out just now to knock the snowflake off.  First ever game. modules equipped but no upgrades and a 0 point captain.

126,917 damage, a ROFL stomp of a kirov from halfway across the map with an off hand salvo; 5 citadels, and EVERY salvo landed for massive damage.   I was being focused by 3 BB's, and emerged relatively unscathed.  They did not.

This thing has it all:  Rail guns,  excellent pen,  ridiculous secondaries, and it's tanky.   Decent AA, too.    It's functionally immune to direct damage from med caliber HE spam, has very little superstructure, etc.   I think this one may be a tad overtuned...   Heck, I even double citted a KGV from 12+km.

The only downsides are that it eats citadels if you show side (like every other ship), and has glacially slow turret traverse.

[HINON]
Members
10,932 posts
31 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

So, I took Sinop out just now to knock the snowflake off.  First ever game. modules equipped but no upgrades and a 0 point captain.

126,917 damage, a ROFL stomp of a kirov from halfway across the map with an off hand salvo; 5 citadels, and EVERY salvo landed for massive damage.   I was being focused by 3 BB's, and emerged relatively unscathed.  They did not.

This thing has it all:  Rail guns,  excellent pen,  ridiculous secondaries, and it's tanky.   Decent AA, too.    It's functionally immune to direct damage from med caliber HE spam, has very little superstructure, etc.   I think this one may be a tad overtuned...   Heck, I even double citted a KGV from 12+km.

The only downsides are that it eats citadels if you show side (like every other ship), and has glacially slow turret traverse.

She is totally balans comrade. This was my first time taking her out and this was the result.

E0VcUE9.jpg

Edited by RipNuN2

[A-I-M]
Members
1,776 posts
9,545 battles
28 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

..   Heck, I even double citted a KGV from 12+km.

I like the Sinop a LOT, but I had to turn away from it for the recent Ranked Sprint (frikking epicenter). Its guns hit really hard, but the turret traverse was so slow that I couldn't maneuver around with it and keep guns close to target in the closer confines of ranked maps. I was, admittedly, new to the Sinop then.

Ironically, I analyzed things and determined the KGV was what I needed in response to the Sinop - a fast reload with a high fire chance and fast turret traverse, to tax the limited DCP and repair party of the Sea of Sinopses I was seeing. And it worked - undefeated in the KGV to rank out.

But - out in the wide open of Random maps, where you can pick your spots and angles better, the Sinop is like Nikolai Valuev ( the 7-foot tall Russian heavy weight champ boxer) out there.