Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zombiekiller

WG still going to change premium consumables?

14 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
2,476 battles

does anyone know if WG still intends to get rid of premium consumables and make all consumables across the board the same? i thought that was going to come with the naval training center research bureau, but obviously there was no mention of it in the 8.7 bulletin . did they decide to scrap the idea at some point? 

[USCC]
Members
3,001 posts
13,776 battles

My understanding is, free premium consumables for those doing regrinds, and not right across the board.
You don't regrind, you then pay and play as you always do.

People that do the tree regrinds get the premium consumables to help them get there without the added expenses while grinding those lines.

I could be wrong though.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,766 posts
4,630 battles
30 minutes ago, zombiekiller said:

did they decide to scrap the idea at some point?

If it's as I understood it to be, i.e. scrap premium consumables altogether, it's one of their dumber ideas and at apparent odds with their declared goals. 

Fwiw, I have not seen a single supporting - and few disputing - posts.  At the time, though, another topic was on fire.

Edited by iDuckman

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,134 posts
4,985 battles
16 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

My understanding is, free premium consumables for those doing regrinds, and not right across the board.

I did't think it was that at all. Unless you can provide sauce, I'm fairly certain it was a planned global change. It just was announced the same day as NTC

Edited by _1204_

[USCC]
Members
3,001 posts
13,776 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

I did't think it was that at all. Unless you can provide sauce, I'm fairly certain it was a planned global change. It just was announced the same day as NTC

I remember the announcement, that was my understanding of it, I mean why bother to even mention the change from regular consumables to premium, if it's going to be a global change.
Just say were adjusting the consumables, there won't be a premium any more, everyone gets the same. It makes sense to help entice people to regrind, but those that don't still benefit if it's a global change.

As I mentioned, I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts
1 hour ago, SpudZero said:

I remember the announcement, that was my understanding of it, I mean why bother to even mention the change from regular consumables to premium, if it's going to be a global change.
Just say were adjusting the consumables, there won't be a premium any more, everyone gets the same. It makes sense to help entice people to regrind, but those that don't still benefit if it's a global change.

As I mentioned, I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

I understood it to be a global change for all.

I don't know this, at all, but I figured they figured they are not making all that much money off of them, so just give them to the players are a nice to have gift sort of thing.  Again, this last part is completely my speculation.  I have no evidence at all to support it.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,896 battles

I think they will put it at same time with the NTC to make us less unhappy about NTC.

"hey we put that terrible system on the game, but you get free premium consumables now!"

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles

Anyone here who believes what WoW says please take off and hold up your tin-foil hats!

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,900 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Anyone here who believes what WoW says please take off and hold up your tin-foil hats!

No Tinfoil here, just straight up lead. Or plutonium. Never could get those two hats straight. My brain seems to turn to mush when I put one of them on. 

Will WG go through with this? I think they might. It will, of course, only make the high-tier economy more of a joke to those running signals or premium, since there won't be a 45k - 112.5k resupply fee on top of servicing. 

...Which will only cause more players to play high tier (If they're so inclined), because they don't have to worry about money. Which means that less players will play mid tiers, which means that the NTC will effectively have caused the problem it was "Supposed" (Grab those hats boys) to solve.

[USCC]
Members
3,001 posts
13,776 battles

I dunno, I really believe the whole NTC thing is built around generating large amounts of revenue for wows. 
I can understand WeeGee making the premium consumables a global thing, I mean why not? they'll be making money hand over fist with so many whales regrinding lines with converted FXP. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

I dunno, I really believe the whole NTC thing is built around generating large amounts of revenue for wows. 
I can understand WeeGee making the premium consumables a global thing, I mean why not? they'll be making money hand over fist with so many whales regrinding lines with converted FXP. 

Of course it is.  The whole point of the game and everything in it, is to make money.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,512 battles

Standard consumables is gonna get removed from the game and the premium consumables will be the new standard consumables.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,091 posts
19,199 battles
27 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

No Tinfoil here, just straight up lead. Or plutonium. Never could get those two hats straight. My brain seems to turn to mush when I put one of them on. 

Will WG go through with this? I think they might. It will, of course, only make the high-tier economy more of a joke to those running signals or premium, since there won't be a 45k - 112.5k resupply fee on top of servicing. 

...Which will only cause more players to play high tier (If they're so inclined), because they don't have to worry about money. Which means that less players will play mid tiers, which means that the NTC will effectively have caused the problem it was "Supposed" (Grab those hats boys) to solve.

And there you go, hosing over someone's perfectly not thought out plan with that silly logic!

[DPG]
Members
1,923 posts
9,576 battles

The consumable change was going to implemented to offset the buffs to ships that reset and regrind.  It was supposed to help with balance.  If they do not have the buffs anymore tied to the NTC/RB, then perhaps they won't feel the need to make premium consumables free.

Sign in to follow this