Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
freggo

Navy Reserve Fleet

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

387
[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,090 battles

Hello Captains,

how would you like the implementation of a RESERVE FLEET option.

We all have a number of ships we keep, but rarely get out from the port. It clutters up the interface and makes it more time consuming to find the ships we do want to use.

How about WG adds an option (right click ship icon in carousel) and select 'put in reserve'.

We then get under Filters a RESERVE option to show the reserve fleet so we can reverse an order for a ship and return it to active duty.

 

 

reserve-fleet.jpg

US Navy Reserve Fleet in the 1950s.

Edited by freggo
content correction
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,722
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,531 posts

It already exists.

Right click on ship, set as primary.  Set filter to show primary ships only.

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles

> find favorite ship in carousel

> right click

> mark ship as primary

> look at left side of carousel

> ????

> PROFIT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,346
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,008 battles

Yup, like people said, primary ships is your friend... However, I do not see the harm in having multiple primary abilities (color code them). That way if I wanna primary my grinding ships, and also my CB ships, I have a way to do both separately.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,090 battles
14 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It already exists.

Right click on ship, set as primary.  Set filter to show primary ships only.

That is the exact opposite!

I want to visually REMOVE ships from the fleet without selling them but still be able to filter by Tier, Type or Primary status.

Basically 'sell' them to the RESERVE department instead of really selling them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,722
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,531 posts
7 minutes ago, freggo said:

That is the exact opposite!

I want to visually REMOVE ships from the fleet without selling them but still be able to filter by Tier, Type or Primary status.

Basically 'sell' them to the RESERVE department instead of really selling them.

It is the opposite, but it provides the same desired outcome.  It only shows you the ships that you say you want to see.

Now granted it doesn't completely remove the non primary ships from the port, it dims them and highlights the ones you want. I can understand why though.

You know how many tickets that support would get from players that forgot they did it and just said "YOU TOOK MY SHIPS!!!!!  I WANT MY SHIPS BACK!!!!".

If I were WG, I wouldn't want to deal with hundreds of those tickets every week either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,090 battles
47 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Yup, like people said, primary ships is your friend... However, I do not see the harm in having multiple primary abilities (color code them). That way if I wanna primary my grinding ships, and also my CB ships, I have a way to do both separately.

Exactly !

Some days you just want to play ships for Operations (say T6/T7) but not see ALL your T6/7 ships.

Keep in mind, the fewer ships the port interface has to load into the carousel and then animate/display the snappier it gets.

I'm only at some 80 ships and it can get messy. By the time I hit 200 I need to hire a personal assistant :-)

Edited by freggo
spelling fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[-FK-]
Members
96 posts
5,130 battles

It would be nice if the longer you went without playing a ship, the more rusty and unkempt it appears in your port...use it more and it gets cleaner, less rust.  Sail it every day and its epic and span immaculate...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,876
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,571 battles
1 minute ago, Martymart1976 said:

It would be nice if the longer you went without playing a ship, the more rusty and unkempt it appears in your port...use it more and it gets cleaner, less rust.  Sail it every day and its epic and span immaculate...

I would love to see all my tier 9 and 10s rust away in port till they settle in the mud. Most have just a 3 point captain assigned so I can play them once a year for the super containers. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×