You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

Double Midway?

24 comments in this topic

[Y0L0W]
Members
507 posts
16,731 battles

So I just played a game in a Khaba with Double Midway's. Needless to say I was dead within 50 seconds of loading in.

I want my flags back :Smile-angry:

• Funny 6

Members
3,759 posts
23,330 battles

Sounds like you over extended away from your AA cruisers and got caught by CV drivers that actually worked together.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[KRAK]
Members
3,715 posts
21,733 battles
17 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Sounds like you over extended away from your AA cruisers and got caught by CV drivers that actually worked together.

Sounds like it should not have happened since WG said there would never be multiple CV in T10 matches.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts

I just was sunk by a Khabarovsk because he saw where my planes were returning to at the start of the game and made a beeline for my Midway. No matter how much I requested assistance the cruisers on my team, they sailed merrily off, leaving me alone to be hunted. I spent nearly all my time in the match trying to detect and hit this single DD, until it sunk my CV. I finally got it but it was a "Flesh Wound" kill.

image.thumb.png.c55e1dcffb817f09b08a7143f22239eb.png

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
3 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Sounds like it should not have happened since WG said there would never be multiple CV in T10 matches.

I've not seen two tier X CVs per team. I used to see a tier VII and X combo occasionally but I've not even seen this in a few weeks. The only two-CV-per-side matches I see now are tier IV-VI.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
19 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

It sounds like the op was off alone and it should have happened especially in a double CV match in a ship that is that unmaneuverable. The soft limit in tier 10 is one per team, the hard limit is two per team.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles
32 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

They dont said never, they said its going be only in rare situation, like this~

he should play in lotery~

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
32 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I just was sunk by a Khabarovsk because he saw where my planes were returning to at the start of the game and made a beeline for my Midway. No matter how much I requested assistance the cruisers on my team, they sailed merrily off, leaving me alone to be hunted. I spent nearly all my time in the match trying to detect and hit this single DD, until it sunk my CV. I finally got it but it was a "Flesh Wound" kill.

You might be looking for sympathy but most people here probably see this and are mainly sad for the DD :cap_cool:

• Funny 2

[WOLF3]
Members
139 posts
13,110 battles

I was in that game...everyone was surprised to see two Midways per side.

This is where he was at the time of his death.  He was pestered by the Midway.  The Salem also was hitting him/her too.

image.png.4354136fa0379aa35ca89b9987dfa99e.png

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
13,272 posts
10 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

This is where he was at the time of his death.  He was pestered by the Midway.  The Salem also was hitting him/her too.

That's some very fine positioning. :cap_look:

CVs rate it 10 out of 10 would feast again.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Funny 3

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
48 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

According to your picture, you were sunk by an Azuma. lol

So an Azuma + Khaba shooting at you is quite a bit different than just a Khaba.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
36 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

25 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

That's some very fine positioning. :cap_look:

CVs rate it 10 out of 10 would feast again.

Exactly as I guessed in my first reply, he was off on his own. Self inflicted wound.

wiRge.gif

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,715 posts
21,733 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I've not seen two tier X CVs per team. I used to see a tier VII and X combo occasionally but I've not even seen this in a few weeks. The only two-CV-per-side matches I see now are tier IV-VI.

Yea that is the first one I have seen with 2 T10 CV since WG made the cap rule.

[FRS]
Members
173 posts
4 hours ago, JER1971 said:

How'd the battle end up going for everyone else?

[WOLF3]
Members
139 posts
13,110 battles

We ended up winning 1000/329.  Some good battles between A and B.  Based on some of the comments during the game, the reds complimented our CV players for playing well (better than their CVs).  I was nearly dead from rocket attacks from both red CVs, but after I smoked near A (before this final screen shot), they left to go for the ships near C9.  For having two Midways, it was not the certain death I was expecting (I was in a Z52).  Stayed near bigger ships, D line at the start, until we moved together through B.

I was only focused by the CVs for a short time (and I smoked up), so I cannot speak for the other ships.  It was a good game.

image.png.890d53e45f49017d715d682fe4362129.png

[INTEL]
Members
13,068 posts
36,066 battles
9 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Exactly as I guessed in my first reply, he was off on his own. Self inflicted wound.

wiRge.gif

Thats why people play DDs. So  they can huddle close to cruisers and battleships.

Because that is a super fun way to play a gunboat DD.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

Thats why people play DDs. So  they can huddle close to cruisers and battleships.

Because that is a super fun way to play a gunboat DD.

In CV matches DD's need to play different particularly in two CV matches. If they insist on playing like before the rework their quick death is their own fault.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,068 posts
36,066 battles
46 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

In CV matches DD's need to play different particularly in two CV matches. If they insist on playing like before the rework their quick death is their own fault.

you are absolutely right. It's why so many of us have adjusted by not playing DDs at all.

As for 2 CV matches there is simply no excuse for that garbage.

• Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,689 battles
12 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Conclusion, your TX carrier has to sail closer to your team mates... But not too close otherwise you can be spotted and targeted by a battleship on the other side of the map. Set the speed and auto pilot but regularly check what's happening, auto pilot is bugged, your CV can suddenly become crazy or hit an island... And remember, you are expected to spot and protect, so your team mates can farm damage. And CV players will always suck, but there will always be CV players...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
10 hours ago, Taichunger said:

you are absolutely right. It's why so many of us have adjusted by not playing DDs at all.

As for 2 CV matches there is simply no excuse for that garbage.

Going to a hard one per team is only going to increase queue dumps and with CV's nerfed into the ground except for unicums they are not much of a threat. It isn't that DD's are useless but that in the initial stages they can't afford to get far from supporting AA. Later in the match when the CV('s) are low on planes you can go farther off and since they are low on planes they are much less of a threat to you.