You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Hellequin

50k Base XP in 3 days...

46 comments in this topic

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles

...for nine camo, WG? Really?

Please tell me that was a typo, and it's supposed to be 50k XP, not Base XP. Especially for the poor Co-op players, that's just insane for them.

*Disclaimer: I have thousands of camo, this is not a personal complaint. I just saw the mission and went: "...LOLWUT?!"

• Cool 5

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

As I said in the other thread...

If I'm grinding 50000 base XP between now and Sunday night, that better be 9 permanent camos for 9 ships of my choice.

• Cool 5

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles

As I pointed out in the other thread, playing both Sessions of clan battles tonight and winning half your games should earn about 41k base xp.  It's probably doable for people planning to do that.  For the rest of us, yeah, it's a hell of a weekend grind for not much reward.

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

As I pointed out in the other thread, playing both Sessions of clan battles tonight and winning half your games should earn about 41k base xp.  It's probably doable for people planning to do that.  For the rest of us, yeah, it's a hell of a weekend grind for not much reward.

CB's isn't on tonight, it's Sat/Sun.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,660 battles

Wanna hear a good joke?

Spoiler

This mission.

Spoiler

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
4 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

CB's isn't on tonight, it's Sat/Sun.

Ugh, you're right.  Weird work week for me, I'm totally out of sorts. 

But the mission expires early monday morning, right?

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

Ugh, you're right.  Weird work week for me, I'm totally out of sorts. 

But the mission expires early monday morning, right?

It does, but the reality is, after all the grinding they've dumped on us, is anyone really looking forward to this? Especially for what amounts to nothing?

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
2 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

It does, but the reality is, after all the grinding they've dumped on us, is anyone really looking forward to this? Especially for what amounts to nothing?

Nope!  It seems like the sort of thing that 5% of the player base is going to earn by doing what they were going to do anyhow, and everyone else is going to ignore.  Weird thing to devote any resources to.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
24 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Please tell me that was a typo, and it's supposed to be 50k XP, not Base XP. Especially for the poor Co-op players, that's just insane for them.

*Disclaimer: I have thousands of camo, this is not a personal complaint. I just saw the mission and went: "...LOLWUT?!"

gulagfunny.jpg

• Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,818 posts
25,888 battles
37 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

They're very good camos, but still...

And it's in a mission called "Birthday Gifts".  Some gift if you have to grind out 50k base XP in 3 freaking days!!!  Should have been more like 50k regular XP.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,365 battles
49 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

As soon as I saw it was base XP I lost all interest. I work for a living, I game for fun. WG has their heads up in the clouds lately.

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
Just now, TheArc said:

As soon as I saw it was base XP I lost all interest. I work for a living, I game for fun. WG has their heads up in the clouds lately.

More accurately, they have their heads in a cloud of something, and worse, they aren't sharing whatever it is.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
46 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Ah, apologies, I looked for a thread on this, but didn't see one. So, sorry for yet another thread on it.

I had to look at it for a full minute to make sure I wasn't simply misreading.....:Smile_teethhappy:

I honestly thought it was some kind of joke... I can't imagine anyone, even those who put in those kind of games would think that it's worth it for 9 camos, I don't care how good they are.:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by awiggin

[A-I-M]
Members
3,042 posts
13,308 battles
25 minutes ago, TheArc said:

And therein is  the difference. They do WoWs for a living.

Ah. My mistake. They develop WoWs for a living, they "DO" us for fun.

• Funny 3

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
847 posts
2,029 battles

They've given away ships for earning that sort of base XP over a month-long event. I got Southern Dragon and Katori that way.

I'm always glad to earn some nice camo, but that requirement over a weekend is ridiculous.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

as said in other post, someone added an extra zero. no way in hell would consider that a gift

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,160 battles

I'm always up for a challenge—earned the Benham for $0—but I'm taking a hard pass on this mission!

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles

So the other mission, to get 21 main battery gun hits, can be accomplished with 6 seconds of gameplay with some ships, and awards a day of premium time.

this mission, which seems like a similar quality of reward, takes something like 5-10 hours of solid grinding, depending on game mode and player skill.

Really seems like a mistake... but it's got the same wording in-game and on the website, is that confirmed?  

• Cool 2

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,092 battles

50k BASE XP for a few camos ?

Seriously ?

I rather spend that time running Hermelin in CO-OP and padding my kill ratio :-)

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
2 minutes ago, freggo said:

50k BASE XP for a few camos ?

Seriously ?

I rather spend that time running Hermelin in CO-OP and padding my kill ratio :-)

I know, right?

[KRAB]
Members
890 posts
7,343 battles

It's all ado about nothing - just play normally and if you get it, you get it. 

It is perfectly fair to reward high volume players.