You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SYST3M_OVERIDE

No French 10 Point Captains

16 comments in this topic

[PENND]
Members
355 posts
7,600 battles

With all these French ships, crates and missions going on you'd think WG would have included a few French captains besides the upcoming captian Philippe Auboyneau.

[SIM]
Members
4,918 posts
7,991 battles

Wargaming isn’t offering any 10 point captains right now because of the French DD event. Want to put properly specced captains into your new DDs? Better spend that Free/Elite Commander XP or doubloons, noob. 

I really hope that they toss Octane Diesel in the Armory at some point. I want to complete my collection of Mad Max cosplayers. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,984 posts
14,272 battles
30 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I want to complete my collection of Mad Max cosplayers. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

You and me both, but I need the credits for other things too badly!

[5IN]
[5IN]
Members
25 posts
10,573 battles

This is not entirely true. WeeGee did offer up a few 10 pt captains in bundles for Aigle and Le Terrible. The people who spent the coin and got them are the ones who currently have the advantage. Le Terrible was the prototype for the mess we see in the line.

[FU8AR]
Members
27 posts
18,683 battles

Has anyone else lost the ability to exchange the french tokens for premium time? wth? None of my regular destroyer containers had a mission but I got the T5 and T7 when I foolishly purchased prem containers. Another ripoff from WG. These tokens are only good for garbage camo  now.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts
3 minutes ago, GenerallySpecific said:

Has anyone else lost the ability to exchange the french tokens for premium time? wth? None of my regular destroyer containers had a mission but I got the T5 and T7 when I foolishly purchased prem containers. Another ripoff from WG. These tokens are only good for garbage camo  now.

Could you do this to begin with in this event?  I don't think so.

They were only ever good for the bundles and the premium camos as far as I know. (The latter of which I certainly don't consider garbage).

Beta Testers
252 posts
3,556 battles

Eh, I bought both from the Armory.  One for the battle ships, the other for destroyers.  The faster turret rotation and adrenaline rush helps both lines.

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,416 posts
13,429 battles
1 hour ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

With all these French ships, crates and missions going on you'd think WG would have included a few French captains besides the upcoming captian Philippe Auboyneau.

I had a 19 pointer minted off ECXP months ago waiting for the line.  I’ll back fill commanders after the grind leveling them with ECXP from CB and this ranked season.

[PENND]
Members
355 posts
7,600 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I had a 19 pointer minted off ECXP months ago waiting for the line.  I’ll back fill commanders after the grind leveling them with ECXP from CB and this ranked season.

I had many opportunities to use ECXP from events like Halloween, space and Rouge Wave battles to push my Republique and Yamato captains up to 19 pointers from 17 but I had other ships than I wanted to have at least 10 on them. Down to maybe 10k. I'll get there eventually. I just don't really want to convert XP to get 4 10 pointers. Yamato, Zao, Gearing, Des Moines, Worcester, Groz, Moskva, Kremlin, Hindenburg, GK, Henry IV, Republique and Daring all have at least a 14 pointer though most have 15 or 16. This might be why I haven't any 19 pointers.

[CVLUL]
3,416 posts
13,429 battles
42 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I had many opportunities to use ECXP from events like Halloween, space and Rouge Wave battles to push my Republique and Yamato captains up to 19 pointers from 17 but I had other ships than I wanted to have at least 10 on them. Down to maybe 10k. I'll get there eventually. I just don't really want to convert XP to get 4 10 pointers. Yamato, Zao, Gearing, Des Moines, Worcester, Groz, Moskva, Kremlin, Hindenburg, GK, Henry IV, Republique and Daring all have at least a 14 pointer though most have 15 or 16. This might be why I haven't any 19 pointers.

The French ships will play ok with a six point captain even.  CE is not as huge a deal as with many other DDs.  

[PENND]
Members
355 posts
7,600 battles
40 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

The French ships will play ok with a six point captain even.  CE is not as huge a deal as with many other DDs.  

I don't have the CE skill on any of my French DD captains. It's AFT that I really need. Hell CE is the last skill I'd bother to put on. As long as I have CSM1 I'm good. The 16 pointer I keep switching between these DDs has PT, Last Stand, Expert Marksman, BFT and AFT. Trying to debate whether I should take Survivability Expert, Demolition Expert, Superintendant or RDF. Probably not gonna do RDF since I play at near Max firing range. Not interested in IFHE either since I have no problems with HE penetrating ship decks at range.

[CVLUL]
3,416 posts
13,429 battles
2 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I don't have the CE skill on any of my French DD captains. It's AFT that I really need. Hell CE is the last skill I'd bother to put on. As long as I have CSM1 I'm good. The 16 pointer I keep switching between these DDs has PT, Last Stand, Expert Marksman, BFT and AFT. Trying to debate whether I should take Survivability Expert, Demolition Expert, Superintendant or RDF. Probably not gonna do RDF since I play at near Max firing range. Not interested in IFHE either since I have no problems with HE penetrating ship decks at range.

AFT is the last thing I'd take.  I have been testing dropping the upgraded GFCS to disengage faster.  I move around looking for stuff to ambush, either torping it or riddling it with AP.  The key is using your speed to avoid, or terrain to get inside the enemy DDs concealment to MBRB him.  Once you get rid of the DDs its really only CVs you need to worry about, everything else is do able.  

The issue you are going to run into is the Russian boats are much better at range than a French due to faster flight times, more average DPM, and most everything has a repair on it now for extra durability.  I just dont see why I would spec something when it was second rate in that application.  Staying at long range also lessens your impact on the game significantly because you pretty much zone yourself out of the fight.  It takes a long time for HE spam to add up, especially if you are just farming BBs for all of the big damage no impact play style.

Instead, get in hit something hard, and slip away on speed boost before the enemy can respond effectively.

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai

[PENND]
Members
355 posts
7,600 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

The issue you are going to run into is the Russian boats are much better at range than a French due to faster flight times

Eh that's up for debate concerning Mogador and Kleber. AFT and GFCSM2 on Mogador is 17.8km of range and shells only take 14 seconds from firing to water hit. That really impressive if you ask me and an added bonus is the arcs are more akin to Duca d'aosta or Abruzzi which really nice.