You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Yoshino, Georgia, or hold?

46 comments in this topic

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,742 battles

Thanks to the French DD event and a coupon, I have enough coal to buy either the Yoshi or the Georgia. I'm inclined to pick the Yoshi because 1. T10 for CB, 2. Cruisers are more agreeable to my play style. But the Georgia does seem to have some advantages that negate my usual dislike of BBs: Faster reload and a speed boost. Alternatively, are there any more coal ships in the pipeline I should be waiting for?

[HELLS]
Members
2,664 posts
27,204 battles

Hold....you never know what WG will pop up with next...I'm sitting on 400,000 coal and a coupon waiting to see what they will do...

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,414 posts
15,870 battles

Hmm Georgia is very fun... but might want to hold for  Friesland.

[BOATC]
Members
80 posts
5,023 battles

Assuming you already have Salem if you're looking for another T10 CA. I picked up the Georgia, she's a fun ship. Hilariously fast which usually just gets me in trouble but lots of fun non-the less. I say spend it on what looks fun to you. There will be more coal, no reason to hoard it.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,159 posts
19,011 battles

Smolensk is coming for coal. I've got both Georgia and Yoshino, but imo after playtesting Smolensk my order would be Georgia > Smolensk > Yoshino.

That's not to say Yoshino is a bad ship or I regret getting her, just that I had more fun playtesting Smolensk than playing Yoshino, and that I think Georgia is a bit better than both.

• Cool 2

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
15 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Hold....you never know what WG will pop up with next...I'm sitting on 400,000 coal and a coupon waiting to see what they will do...

Holding is like waiting for the next big thing in the computer industry, while not buying anything.

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Smolensk is coming for coal. I've got both Georgia and Yoshino, but imo after playtesting Smolensk my order would be Georgia > Smolensk > Yoshino.

That's not to say Yoshino is a bad ship or I regret getting her, just that I had more fun playtesting Smolensk than playing Yoshino, and that I think Georgia is a bit better than both.

Only thing Yoshi has going for it, is the massive damage farming you can do on Yammies or Kremli

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,159 posts
19,011 battles
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

Only thing Yoshi has going for it, is the massive damage farming you can do on Yammies or Kremli

TBH that's a pretty fun thing to do as well.

• Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
4,933 posts
8,013 battles

Acquire Georgia, laugh as you outpace some DDs while also boasting the largest guns in the US Navy.

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,742 battles
30 minutes ago, Maksimus54 said:

Assuming you already have Salem if you're looking for another T10 CA. I picked up the Georgia, she's a fun ship. Hilariously fast which usually just gets me in trouble but lots of fun non-the less. I say spend it on what looks fun to you. There will be more coal, no reason to hoard it.

Got the Salem and Jean Bart. Does the JB and Georgia play relatively the same?

[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,721 battles

I went Yoshino, and now I am waiting on the release of the Russian Flint uhm Smolensk...

[WOLFG]
Members
131 posts
9,483 battles
33 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

Got the Salem and Jean Bart. Does the JB and Georgia play relatively the same?

25 minutes ago, Maksimus54 said:

I only have 1 game in the JB so I can't speak to that comparison.

I have both and they play differently (at least how I spec them), but I find both huge fun.

Members
2,439 posts
5,370 battles

I cant stand the JB. Some people love it, but i cant stand the 32mm armor all over in this current meta. You can take crazy damage from HE spammers or IJN/German cruisers with improved HE pen.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,569 posts
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Holding is like waiting for the next big thing in the computer industry, while not buying anything.

This.  The game currency does nothing at all to benefit you.  It doesn't gain interest. You can only make it work for you, if you turn it into something that you can benefit from.

As long as you plan on continuing to play the game, you will have an infinite amount of coal.  Having 1 coal or 1 billion coal sitting in your account, is the same thing. There is no point in hording it. 

At the very least, if there is going to be a 400K coal ship, it won't be any time soon.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, CTMAADawson said:

Thanks to the French DD event and a coupon, I have enough coal to buy either the Yoshi or the Georgia. I'm inclined to pick the Yoshi because 1. T10 for CB, 2. Cruisers are more agreeable to my play style. But the Georgia does seem to have some advantages that negate my usual dislike of BBs: Faster reload and a speed boost. Alternatively, are there any more coal ships in the pipeline I should be waiting for?

I hoard my currencies, and it pains me to spend it on anything. However, I was convinced to buy the Georgia and I think it was a good purchase even though I don't particularly like BBs. I think it's worth buying.

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Acquire Georgia, laugh as you outpace some DDs while also boasting the largest guns in the US Navy.

It is somewhat amusing to go powering past cruisers on engine boost to take a flank for broadside shots.

[A-D-F]
7,569 posts
19 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

I hoard my currencies, and it pains me to spend it on anything.

Currency in this game cannot be used to make more currency.   You can't use coal to make more coal, by hanging on to it or investing it to make interest. You can't make it work for you, like real money.

Unless you exchange it for something that has value, it is worthless.

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,733 battles
2 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

I only have Georgia and I will say this about it. The faster reload and speed boost does nothing to negate the terrible 20km gun range. With the camp at max range meta that measly 20km gun range puts it at a terrible disadvantage not to mention it only has 6 guns at T9.

Edited by Vaffu

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Currency in this game cannot be used to make more currency.   You can't use coal to make more coal, by hanging on to it or investing it to make interest. You can't make it work for you, like real money.

Unless you exchange it for something that has value, it is worthless.

Thanks, dad.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
7,569 posts
8 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Thanks, dad.

Not what I was trying to say or convey at all.

There is just no point in hoarding it.  Unlike real money, you can't use it to obtain more, unless you spend it.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
11 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Not what I was trying to say or convey at all.

There is just no point in hoarding it.  Unlike real money, you can't use it to obtain more, unless you spend it.

Is this an act?

• Confused 3

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles

Georgia is pretty awesome.

It's got battle ship guns, battleship secondaries and DD speed. lol

Flank an enemy and hilarity ensues. 

[THREE]
Members
2,402 posts
13,197 battles
3 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I cant stand the JB. Some people love it, but i cant stand the 32mm armor all over in this current meta. You can take crazy damage from HE spammers or IJN/German cruisers with improved HE pen.

Hey

That's kind of where I am; I like the Richelieu but just don't care for the JB, she seems sluggish, under whelming at T9.  I would rather take the Rich. into a T9 game than the JB., not impressed overall.

Pete

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles

Something of a caveat to the decision, Yoshino earns less credits per battle than Georgia, JB.  This may help with your decision too.  

Edited by BarneyStyle
  • Cool 1