Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Colbert announced changes. Siegfried to become a secondary cruiser (?!)

33 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

From the stream with Sub_Octavian going on right now. Also spreadsheets of tier X ship stat comparison among testers was shown, Colbert was consistently pretty low.

1890233484_Screenshot_2019-08-02Twitch.png.91d6dd0e16784c72df32b9e6e4587f07.png

In my opinion while this may affect damage done on BBs, it still won't change much when it comes to dealing with DDs and Cruisers.

Siegfried spreadsheet on damage, with tech tree tier IXs.

1235037722_Screenshot_2019-08-02Twitch(2).png.b41db95b6586db11cfbdd6f444188d96.png

Spreadsheet on damage, with it's BC competitors

2128984198_Screenshot_2019-08-02Twitch(3).png.00eb4f4c4d40f569a57f908778730d17.png

972722495_Screenshot_2019-08-02Twitch(4).png.5f3a8512ff8d316e82bd9a0bfdbc8c4b.png

457125127_Screenshot_2019-08-02Twitch(5).png.d4265e25c1b47c51599d721eec12de52.png

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
4,934 posts
8,014 battles

The Siegfried gets less and less appealing every time that they talk about it. 

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
9,619 posts
8,610 battles
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It seems decidedly middle of the pack in everything.

That equals boring.

[SIM]
Members
4,934 posts
8,014 battles
39 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It seems decidedly middle of the pack in everything.

That equals boring.

Yeah, I embrace mehbotes, but I like them to be interesting in some way. This is shaping up to be an unsexy Georgia with some boring torpedo launchers bolted onto it. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BOTST]
Members
175 posts
2,815 battles

Just had my first battle with a Colbert - wth??? The thing sank my Moskva in literally 30 seconds. The shells were raining down, literally, nonstop. Then, after it dispatched me it made short work of a Salem, then it, and a Des Moines, chewed thru a Jean Bart in about a minute.

First - what's the point of having ships that can function like that? I'm in a Moskva and it was like showing up carrying a squirt gun while the other guy had a fire hose. It's just a silly  waste of time.

And second -why would anyone want to play such a ship? How can you take any joy in beating someone when you have salvos that are esentially coming out like machine gun? Oh what skill you have! LOL

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,272 posts
39 minutes ago, Trident55 said:

Colbert is like a t10 Atlanta but even squishier. When you look at her, she explodes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
22,746 battles

I am really excited about this.   Roon secondary builds are a blast but her guns not being forward hurts.   A secondary cruiser sounds awesome. Been wanting one for a long time.   I just worry she wont be as tanky but we will see.  Obviously the big perk of BBs is they can tank and buy time for the secondaries to do damage. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

I was fine with Siegfried already, sold on her already, from the earlier threads we had on it, so they want to bump up the Secondaries on her?... Okay.  It's still going to be a Main Battery Build Super Cruiser.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
22,746 battles

I should have commented on Colbert..    I am getting a little sick of "duca duca" as flamu would say.  I think Mino is fine because I can angle and minimize the damage.  But wooster, haragumo, colert, possibly french DDs,  all this rapid firing HE just feels boring.   Its gonna set fires and always does.  It doesnt involve a lot of skill its just rain down HE.   It actually is a big reason I stopped playing Tier X.     6-8 I prefer, but some of the tier 9s coming out are a blast (looking at you benham).    Yes there is atlanta at tier 7 but really I do not mind the occasional one. 

When it comes down to it a fast firing dpm monster shouldnt shred big BBs or heavy cruisers as they do.   Given the disperssion when they fire back and a reload of 20-30 seconds its a pain to counter.   I don't want to say they do not have a place in the game..  I just dont find it fun.   Its like being a low tier carrier in a all tier X game.  It isn't fun since you can do very little unless the enemy is clueless

[WORX]
Members
10,682 posts
18,567 battles

Year of 2019,

WOWS develops subpar statistics to justify,  questionable in-game ship class changes. 

Having brainless secondaries not only BUFFED, but expanded to other classes. Its expansion to other classes is a casualty of the current distorted thinking, attributed to distorted stats. 

THIS imo, can be  fatal flaw.

This current system of thinking also affects in-game balance.

Edited by Navalpride33

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
22,746 battles
51 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Year of 2019,

WOWS develops subpar statistics to justify,  questionable in-game ship class changes. 

Having brainless secondaries not only BUFFED, but expanded to other classes. Its expansion to other classes is a casualty of the current distorted thinking, attributed to distorted stats. 

THIS imo, can be  fatal flaw.

This current system of thinking also affects in-game balance.

Secondaries are fun.   It looks cool too.   I actually really prefer ships with good secondaries when I am not playing DDs.  I can see them being brainless isn't to much fun.  I think with ships thave have long reloads its a huge plus.  My graf zep I love when DDs try and snipe me.  Full secondary build (not manual aim) and I just eat them alive.  

[WORX]
Members
10,682 posts
18,567 battles
10 minutes ago, deresistance said:

I actually really prefer ships with good secondaries when I am not playing DDs.  I can see them being brainless isn't to much fun.  I think with ships thave have long reloads its a huge plus.  My graf zep I love when DDs try and snipe me.  Full secondary build (not manual aim) and I just eat them alive.  

Imo, this is why passive play will be more passive... To me, its about the principle of let the player sink me NOT the mindless BOT. 

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,411 battles

Played with a Colbert on each side and this was 20 seconds into the match, lol.  If you have a teammate smoke you up it's super annoying can't imagine having 2-3 of them.  I look at this and just don't understand the logic, there has to be better ideas.

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.08.03 - 17.03.45.41.png

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,212 battles
48 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Played with a Colbert on each side and this was 20 seconds into the match, lol.  If you have a teammate smoke you up it's super annoying can't imagine having 2-3 of them.  I look at this and just don't understand the logic, there has to be better ideas.

Honestly, these ships should not exist.  Yes you can delete them quick, but you have to hit them to delete them, and most games, if they’re competent players, they’ll be behind and island concealed and you’re screwed if you get caught out in the open.  

• Cool 2

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
2 hours ago, deresistance said:

I am really excited about this.   Roon secondary builds are a blast but her guns not being forward hurts.   A secondary cruiser sounds awesome. Been wanting one for a long time.   I just worry she wont be as tanky but we will see.  Obviously the big perk of BBs is they can tank and buy time for the secondaries to do damage. 

I love getting hindy secondaries to 8k. Burned a montana to the waterline during a cb that way. Arcing them over islands. Hilarious.

[CAST]
Members
4,996 posts
3,513 battles

So they want to make her a brawler, but won't fix the trash armor scheme?

Seems legit.

Members
1,724 posts
11,215 battles

i watched a fair amount of the stream the other day.   They mentioned the turtle back the siegfried has, but i haven't seen it be that effective.  Some of the CCs i watched, it seemed like they ate random cits fairly often, and when showing too much side, were almost always citted.(at any range)  Combine that with the poor torp angles, , poor fire rate(plus good chance to overpen), yolo rushing someone isn't really practical.

i will admit that a secondary focused cruiser for the lols does sound somewhat fun, but i am not convinced that the siegfried can pull it off.

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
On 8/2/2019 at 7:48 AM, SkaerKrow said:

It's a completely dead issue for me at this point. This thing is going to suck, and it is due singularly to the incompetent (and biased) handling of its development.

Honestly, it's a real shame, because I was genuinely interested in the original iteration of Siegfried. But every change they've made in the past 3 weeks has been a punch to the gut when it comes to appeal. 

The game already has enough secondary based platforms. This thing was supposed to be a German sniper with a glass jaw. It doesn't matter in the slightest when you buff secondaries on a ship that can be dev-struck right through the friggin' bow.

What a joke.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
107 posts
7,783 battles

I think some people forget the design gimmick of the original O-class (and/or the B65 supercruiser, yes the real B65 design did not come with torpedoes either), namely the "trash" armour and big guns. Real naval architects brought that issue up too but this was still the final design. If you are complaining about that armour, get outta here! The issue seems to be  that wargaming is unwilling to balance it due to sheer incompetence and bias against axis vessels.

As for Colbert, she isn't fragile anymore. She had armour buffs, and has an massive number of heals now.

Edited by Constalation

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,729 posts
6,987 battles
5 hours ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

what?never saw a ship with katyusha rockets ?that's colbert.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Not sure how the secondary buff fixes the actual problem with Siegfried -- its armor.

Armor looks fine, I covered that before, and then some in this older thread.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/195907-siegfried-concerns/

Protection scheme, I specifically covered here:

Unless something has changed with Siegfried's gunnery and protection scheme since that thread, I still stand by everything that I said about it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this