You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

PT "Cloning" is so weird!

15 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

I went into the PT and the UI was so "off" in the sense of different. And even weirder, I had premium ships there! I just realized: This is a clone of my "real" account.

Why the change? This is so weird!

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,152 battles

It's good they've finally incorporated some of the ships we've already got in live on PT.  I wish I had 837 mil credits though as I do in PT -- seems credits and doubs were carried over from last PT session with another 500mil added.

[DPG]
Members
1,913 posts
9,518 battles

What are you talking about?  I have a port filled with tier 1 ships.  Unless there is a "cloning" option.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
7 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

What are you talking about?  I have a port filled with tier 1 ships.  Unless there is a "cloning" option.

Here is an example of my port right now:

image.thumb.png.97d15ae5ed11e9904c3266ff6d42362f.png

Notice the premium ships? Those are ones I have from the live server, so must be some sort of cloning. I don't have premiums I don't have on live.

Members
1,660 posts

You have to have your PTS account linked to your main account for them to clone it.  They did this to test the new Research Bureau.  I have read elsewhere this means if you don't have your PTS account linked to a live account, you wont get doublons this go through on the PTS.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,913 posts
9,518 battles
26 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

You have to have your PTS account linked to your main account for them to clone it.  They did this to test the new Research Bureau.  I have read elsewhere this means if you don't have your PTS account linked to a live account, you wont get doublons this go through on the PTS.

My PTS account uses the same email as my main account.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,010 posts
22,560 battles

Yeah I bailed on the PTS at first. I use a separate computer for it than I do my NA account. Logged in after downloading update and couldn't figure out why I was looking at my Dallas... Then I saw the notification spam on the right side of the screen. It was deleting doubloons and free xp and it kept going and going and going. I realized my normal doubloon balance that is over 60k on my NA account, was sitting at 165 measly doubloons and I had lost over 100k in free xp. That bugged me a bit so quit and signed in my normal account and saw no change so I breathed a sigh of relief. It was truly disturbing, so just played one match on the PTS and am done. Probably just some weird bug but I see no point of taking the chance of losing my resources.

Edited by Taylor3006

[ARGSY]
Members
19,972 posts
14,258 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I bailed on the PTS at first. I use a separate computer for it than I do my NA account. Logged in after downloading update and couldn't figure out why I was looking at my Dallas... Then I saw the notification spam on the right side of the screen. It was deleting doubloons and free xp and it kept going and going and going. I realized my normal doubloon balance that is over 60k on my NA account, was sitting at 165 measly doubloons and I had lost over 100k in free xp. That bugged me a bit so quit and signed in my normal account and saw no change so I breathed a sigh of relief. It was truly disturbing, so just played one match on the PTS and am done. Probably just some weird bug but I see no point of taking the chance of losing my resources.

I went so far as to kill one of my lines to test the new feature. I picked Pan-Asian destroyers, since I have effectively topped out on that one and it wouldn't grieve me to lose it. Big sigh of relief, still in my live port.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,861 posts
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

This was my experience exactly ... right down to staring at my own Dallas.  After verifying my NA regular account was not affected, I didn't bother going back to the PTS server.  I also reread the website article on the Public Test and didn't find any notice about this new approach ... a bit weird.  Also a bit troubling.  I sometimes wonder if this is just the normal approach to things in Russia.  Done with the PTS.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,010 posts
22,560 battles
35 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

This was my experience exactly ... right down to staring at my own Dallas.  After verifying my NA regular account was not affected, I didn't bother going back to the PTS server.  I also reread the website article on the Public Test and didn't find any notice about this new approach ... a bit weird.  Also a bit troubling.  I sometimes wonder if this is just the normal approach to things in Russia.  Done with the PTS.

Yeah I have played on the PTS several times before so it was a bit shocking when this  occurred as well as a bit worrying. I really think they should have given us a heads up...

Edited by Taylor3006

[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I went so far as to kill one of my lines to test the new feature. I picked Pan-Asian destroyers, since I have effectively topped out on that one and it wouldn't grieve me to lose it. Big sigh of relief, still in my live port.

I finished out a cruiser line in PTS and I'm not even seeing an option to reset. I wish I had my live ship list available. :Smile-_tongue:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,861 posts
10 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

I finished out a cruiser line in PTS and I'm not even seeing an option to reset. I wish I had my live ship list available. :Smile-_tongue:

Do you have a minimum of 2 Tier 10s?  I think that's a requirement.

[UFFA]
Members
2,095 posts
75 battles
6 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Do you have a minimum of 2 Tier 10s?  I think that's a requirement.

ah thanks. I'll save that for tomorrow then.