Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Aiming your guns in a dd

8 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
538 posts
9,727 battles

For all of you (myself included) who watched the original Captain's Academy and were frustrated because you could never get the crosshairs to jive with the shell time, we were NOT crazy.  The dynamic crosshairs have a bias for distance.

Members
1,140 posts
6,636 battles

Train for deflection shots with you kiting, and you chasing, youll improve your damage. Anyone can aim at a broadside accurately. I tend to lead more than i think i should with faster ships (French, Russian) and where i think i should for just about anything else. Increase for longer shell time and decrease for flatter arc ships. Its mostly a feel thing. 

I recommend the standard non dynamic crosshair. But i hear people use the angle lined one to great effect. 

Edited by Report_CVs

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,245 battles

I just want the relative bearing dial indicator.

1 minute ago, Report_CVs said:

Train for deflection shots with you kiting, and you chasing, youll improve your damage. 

I recommend the standard non dynamic crosshair. But i hear people use the angle lined one to great effect. 

Been using the stock crosshair since starting in 2015.

Members
1,140 posts
6,636 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I just want the relative bearing dial indicator.

Been using the stock crosshair since starting in 2015.

Dont change, youre already used to how to aim with it. Example, I aim past 20 with french dds and hit center everytime. 

How i learned where to shoot on turning away/turning towards ship is by feel, Aim higher and out further on turning away ships, and lower and further in on ships turning in. (generally)

Its 100% a experience thing. 

Edited by Report_CVs

Sign in to follow this