You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gabryel77

French destroyers combat missions

15 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
551 battles

Hello, I want to buy some french destroyer containers but before I have a question, example I got a mission to get a VII destroyer, do I need to accomplish the mission with a tier VII ship ?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
4 minutes ago, Gabryel77 said:

Hello, I want to buy some french destroyer containers but before I have a question, example I got a mission to get a VII destroyer, do I need to accomplish the mission with a tier VII ship ?

I believe they state tier 5 or greater on all those missions.

• Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts

Don't spend money on those containers. You can aqquire those missions entirely for free just by playing the game.

Admittedly it takes time. So if you have no time, perhaps the containers are an option for you. But they still do not guarantee that you will get the missions you want...

I received 2 missions for the T5 and T6 French DD's entirely for free just by playing the game.

If you're serious about spending money, get the Siroco or Le Terrible instead so you have a French DD premium for training. :)

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Members
12 posts
551 battles
17 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Don't spend money on those containers. You can aqquire those missions entirely for free just by playing the game.

Admittedly it takes time. So if you have no time, perhaps the containers are an option for you. But they still do not guarantee that you will get the missions you want...

I received 2 missions for the T5 and T6 French DD's entirely for free just by playing the game.

If you're serious about spending money, get the Siroco or Le Terrible instead so you have a French DD premium for training. :)

But will I need a ship with the same tier ? Because the highest tier i have is 6

[NUWES]
Members
3,120 posts
10,653 battles
7 minutes ago, Gabryel77 said:

But will I need a ship with the same tier ? Because the highest tier i have is 6

No. Any eligible tier works. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,120 posts
10,653 battles
8 minutes ago, Gabryel77 said:

Any ship tier 5 and up. 

Members
1,872 posts
29 minutes ago, Gabryel77 said:

No. You can buy a premium at any tier regardless of what your highest tier tech tree ship is. Even a T9 or T10 could be possible.

Just go buy yourself a premium French DD if you're hell bent on spending money. Don't waste money on silly tech-tree ships you can get for free.

A premium DD in the French line is more useful in the long run than a bunch of containers that give you doubloons, flags, and tech tree ship missions...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Members
12 posts
551 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Just go buy yourself a premium French DD if you're hell bent on spending money. Don't waste money on silly tech-tree ships you can get for free.

A premium DD in the French line is more useful in the long run than a bunch of containers that give you doubloons, flags, and tech tree ship missions...

ok thx

Members
1,872 posts
8 minutes ago, Gabryel77 said:

ok thx

Actually... if you've collected enough coal, you can get the T6 French DD Aigle for free as well. Check the armory. It depends on whether or not you've saved enough ... :)

Furthermore... if you're a new player I would recommend a different line to buy a premium DD in. French DD's have a very high skill requirement. They are quite literally for veteran DD players with potentially thousands of games played, multiple T10 DD's and years of experience.

If you're new and seriously love DD's, I'd recommend a premium American or Japanese DD for best results. Save the French and Russians for the last... they're more difficult lines than others...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

Members
12 posts
551 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Actually... if you've collected enough coal, you can get the T6 French DD Aigle for free as well. Check the armory. It depends on whether or not you've save enough coal. :)

Furthermore... if you're a new player I would recommend a different line to buy a premium DD in. French DD's have a very high skill requirement. They are quite literally for veteran DD players with potentially thousands of games played, multiple T10 DD's and years of experience.

If you're new, I'd recommend a premium American or Japanese DD for best results. Save the French and Russians for the last... they're more difficult lines than others...

That explain why I'm bad when I play with my T5 soviet  destroyer xD 

Members
1,872 posts
2 minutes ago, Gabryel77 said:

That explain why I'm bad when I play with my T5 soviet  destroyer xD 

I've been playing for years and I have all the T10 DD's... I've been up almost every line.

The Americans have the easiest line to master. They're good at AA, decent guns, decent torps. Very new player friendly. The Japanese are a bit harder, but require stealth and precise torpedo skills.

If you need help on selecting a ship thats good for a new player, just convo me. I can pick one regardless of your budget. You can get good premiums for free ,or buy one. Your choice.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[HELLS]
Members
2,660 posts
27,035 battles
2 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

RNG must love you. Two full stages completed and zero MN DD missions in the 9 crates I have drawn. My wallet is closed for premium containers of any type. Going to do the missions in the other stages but I do not expect a mission drop at this point. If I don't get one, I won't bother grinding the line. I have Aigle, which is different from the tech tree line setup with smoke and is an excellent trainer anyway.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[PENND]
Members
355 posts
7,600 battles
3 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

They are quite literally for veteran DD players with potentially thousands of games played, multiple T10 DD's and years of experience.

This isn't true at all. I'm not a DD main nor an expert at them yet the playstyle French DDs require just click with me. Out of all my DDs Le Terrible is my best and I'm already having great luck with Mogador. What you need to be good at is sniping and dodging long range fire. I will admit you're right that they aren't for novices but they don't require god level skills either.

Members
1,872 posts
26 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

This isn't true at all. I'm not a DD main nor an expert at them yet the playstyle French DDs require just click with me. Out of all my DDs Le Terrible is my best and I'm already having great luck with Mogador. What you need to be good at is sniping and dodging long range fire. I will admit you're right that they aren't for novices but they don't require god level skills either.

Then you're one of the few to figure them out. Not even DD mains understand them generally speaking.

For the average player, that statement's entirely true :)

Not for novices... as you said...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[FU8AR]
Members
27 posts
18,683 battles

Don't waste your money. Has anyone else lost the ability to exchange the french tokens for premium time? wth? None of my regular destroyer containers had a mission but I got the T5 and T7 when I foolishly purchased prem containers. Another ripoff from WG. These tokens are only good for garbage camo  now.