You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mailman653

Airplane sight ideas

4 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Modder
652 posts
799 battles

Ships have several reticules and the dynamic one yet for airplanes all we have is a little dot and then a green circle of varying widths. If you could make a reticule for airplanes, what would it look like? What kind of information could it display (within the confines of the game). 

For instance, the game gives us airspeed and nothing else. I think if we had angles, that would be handy for when approaching a ship, say if you’re coming from a 45 degree angle for a torpedo run. Altitude would probably be useless as the planes probably fly at the same altitude unless you’re going over a mountain.

Thoughts?

Members
210 posts
1,279 battles

I would be more "worried" about the 100% manual nature of CV attacks, the main battery guns tracks the target and that withe lead indicator that appears when you lock a ship with the torpedoes selected, why we cant have something like that?

Edited by taberuco
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,330 posts
25,270 battles
11 minutes ago, taberuco said:

I would be more "worried" about the 100% manual nature of CV attacks, the main battery guns tracks the target and that withe lead indicator that appears when you lock a ship with the torpedoes selected, why we cant have something like that?

This.

For all autodrop carrier attacks were derided as ‘point and click,’ and for all the talk about ‘its easier because just one squad, instead of 3-8;

THIS is why I say carriers are harder to use now. 100% manual attacks; with none of the assists carriers used to have, and regular ships still have.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This.

For all autodrop carrier attacks were derided as ‘point and click,’ and for all the talk about ‘its easier because just one squad, instead of 3-8;

THIS is why I say carriers are harder to use now. 100% manual attacks; with none of the assists carriers used to have, and regular ships still have.

Auto drops for TB's were better at one time but they were nerfed into the ground a long long time ago forcing the use of manual drops which a lot of people had trouble with in the RTS days. It is rather easy to get hits now but with AA so tough currently it is hard for other reasons.