You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gyphon_GF

Jaguar and the guns that fail it...IMO

13 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
449 posts
19,395 battles

I know I have bad aim but at times that can be offset with good guns...

These don't fall into that category at this tier for me for some reason.

Probably just my crappy aim..lol

Enjoy...*Salute*

• Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
833 posts
1,295 battles

I noticed siroco being very "sensible to RNG", I mean, in a battle you put more than 50% of bullets in target at 10km, and the next all of the fail at 2km.

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles

Your Vid is a good example of why many detest CVs too.

So you think it is an OK ship? Seems like a smokeless gunboat that can't hit stuff at range (where dodging is possible) is not destined for greatness. Currently working the mission for that one and wonder if it is worth the effort.

• Boring 1

[CAST]
Members
4,998 posts
3,513 battles

Jaguar is the Z-39 of the French DD line. Okay guns and torps ... massive health pool. I rather enjoyed playing her.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
5,392 posts
16,221 battles

For me, the Jag is not a keeper. You have a gunboat DD with kind of meh guns. Yes, you can out gun a Mutsuki, but if the Mutsuki driver is good, you'll never see him.

Torps are OK, but there is a razor thin stealth torp window so more than likely your target will be aware of you and should WASD.

Speed is just OK. Turn radius is bad for a DD ( but OK for a BB) and acceleration is nothing special. You bleed speed by just thinking about your rudder keys. Touch them and it seems you have dropped the anchor. You are big, clumsy target for a DD.

You have Speed Boost, but so does almost every other DD so your boosted speed is nothing special and many DDs can outrun you.

You have no smoke, no way to break contact when things go bad, no way to hide and shoot like every other DD.

You have no AA. You are not alone for DDs at T5. The Kamikaze sisters don't have AA either but they have a lower air/sea detect AND they have smoke. CVs love you.

You have bad concealment (and still no smoke).

The Gimpard is a little bit better, but so are the opponents it sees. Still a CVs favorite chew toy.

The line starts to show promise at T7 although I would gladly trade the MBRB for smoke because you are still a CVs favorite chew toy.

Don't have Le Fantasque  yet. Hope things continue to improve.

Members
210 posts
7,334 battles

I just got the Jag last night. And my first mission I wiped out another destroyer and got torp hits on two other enemy ships before I got wiped out. 

I agree it's more like the German DD's. Maybe it will get frustrating. But I'm finding it fun right now. 

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
7,785 battles

How the hell is this ship meant to actually work?
You're outspotted by everyone, the guns are anemic and don't have fantastic arcs, you don't have good hp for tier, you don't have great speed or rudder either.... and you get no smoke.

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
6,990 battles

Problem is, the Gnevny is everything the Jaguar is, BETTER.  A lot better.

The only "better" on the Jaguar is there is one more gun. But since you have a problem actually hitting stuff with the Jaguar, the Gnevny is actually VERY superior in actual combat.

Frankly, Jaguar is like a number of other tech tree ships:  it exists only as a hurdle that must be crossed, not as a ship that has any real value compared to it's counterparts.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,149 posts
16,423 battles

Every line is gunna have a stinker or 2, Jaguar is probably it for the french DD line.

[ARGSY]
Members
463 posts
9,174 battles

Just grind on. The French tiers VIII, IX and X are the best in the game. The stats don't lie. I don't have the X yet but am loving the VIII and IX.