You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Are the anniversary festivities a bit light this year?

20 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

It's August already! And that means WG-versary is right around the corner. Hip hip hooray!

Thinking about the past WoWS anniversaries, however, I am wondering if this one will be a bit underwhelming.

Remember this?

Spoiler

98a07464-a531-11e8-bad5-d89d6715223c_660x.png

We had an anniversary collection released for both 2017 and 2018. I really enjoyed looking at the collection items to see how far we've come. Yet, somehow, I doubt we will have one this year. There have been no announcement on the dev blogs and I feel one will not come.

Thoughts?

Edited by henrychenhenry

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

WG tends to make lots of announcements during gamescom, late August. 

I expect some stuff then.

You think that WG announces WoWS anniversary stuff at Gamescom? I wouldn't because it doesn't have anything to do with the direction of the game. And, if there were to be a collection, we should've heard about it by now.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,891 battles
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

You think that WG announces WoWS anniversary stuff at Gamescom? I wouldn't because it doesn't have anything to do with the direction of the game. And, if there were to be a collection, we should've heard about it by now.

I doubt that there will be a collection for the anniversary. The next patch brings the French collection. 

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

I doubt that there will be a collection for the anniversary. The next patch brings the French collection. 

This is what I meant. :Smile_sad: You phrased it better.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,726 posts
4,630 battles
39 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

There have been no announcement on the dev blogs and I feel one will not come.

Thoughts?

I recall that last year, although the celebration was pretty good, there was nothing along the lines of a "pre-announcement".  Less hype than substance.

Have faith. 

Then complain.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,563 posts
11,141 battles

Were complaining about stuff already before it even comes out . 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I recall that last year, although the celebration was pretty good, there was nothing along the lines of a "pre-announcement".  Less hype than substance.

Have faith. 

Then complain.

Interesting note... 

1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Were complaining about stuff already before it even comes out . 

Not complaining. Just noting.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,726 posts
4,630 battles
Just now, henrychenhenry said:

Interesting note... 

Hey, if it's a debacle, I'll help you complain.

:cap_horn:

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,563 posts
11,141 battles
3 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Interesting note... 

Not complaining. Just noting.

I got you I’m sure there will be some nice free stuff . Anything free is good with me . 

Members
80 posts
56 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

It's August already! And that means WG-versary is right around the corner. Hip hip hooray!

Thinking about the past WoWS anniversaries, however, I am wondering if this one will be a bit underwhelming.

Remember this?

Reveal hidden contents

We had an anniversary collection released for both 2017 and 2018. I really enjoyed looking at the collection items to see how far we've come. Yet, somehow, I doubt we will have one this year. There have been no announcement on the dev blogs and I feel one will not come.

Thoughts?

WG anniversary is not WoWs anniversary. The stuff you're thinking about will probably come sometime in September, not August.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,861 posts

Last year's anniversary started much later in August ...

3.jpg.6b78957b78d9f7a9eb8973d5d47f8466.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,479 posts

It is way to early for them to talk about it, if they do.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,254 posts
44 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

WG anniversary is in September and they never have announced things too far in advance.

Yes, all part of their "prison shower surprise" marketing strategy.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,327 posts
19,478 battles

WoWS tends to get one small event for the WG anniversary in August, one large event for the WoWS anniversary in September, and one rushed disaster every year for Gamescom.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,877 battles
6 minutes ago, Forum_Troll said:

This years anniversary announcement will be Subs on PTS.

You know, I'd actually like to see that.                     ...Not that I intend to play them. I just want to see the community reaction.

I dunno, some people just want to see the world burn? :Smile_popcorn:

Members
6,855 posts
15,292 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

WoWS tends to get one small event for the WG anniversary in August, one large event for the WoWS anniversary in September, and one rushed disaster every year for Gamescom.

Oof, sad but true

[GRAVE]
Members
1,257 posts
18,735 battles
2 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Remember this?

Hide contents

Thoughts?

Well, The French Arc ends at the conclusion of 8.7, which leaves us around the end of September, and the WoWs anniversary is around that time, so its still too early to start wondering about it. My guess is when the Dev blog updates with the content for Patch 8.8, most of it will be centered around the Anniversary event, and they'll need something to act in between the FR DD arc and the arrival of the Italians, and the Italian arc will take us into Christmas, the time of Steel covered snowflakes, T6 perma camos for all the new T6 tech tree boats released in 2019, and grinding to the near limits of sanity all for a deeply mediocre to garbage reward ship.

Will most likely feature:

new collection pertaining to everything that happened from British DDs to French DDs, with the reward being a unique captain for the Pan EU nations

another "Snowflake Style" event, giving steel for high tier ships and coal for lower tier ones.

Dragon flags for every 1k battles played

Supercontainers for every T10 ship in your port

Siegfried arriving for 1million Free XP and replacing Azuma for the one supercruiser that actually isn't worth your time or money (although things can change in the 2 months until 8.8)

the arrival of the Pan EU nation, with Viribus Unitis being a directive reward ship, Friesland becomes available for Free XP, and a new currency, Anniversary tokens, can be obtained, and the main prize for collecting these tokens will be T7 Pan EU DD Blysawica (butchered that spelling, but most should understand what ship I'm talking about.)

Edited by tfcas119
forgot something
  • Cool 1