You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DouglasMacAwful

WG please stop putting green CV bots in coop

25 comments in this topic

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles

Coop is a quick way to grind out the first daily mission chain or directives. Putting CVs back in coop is an unwelcome change overall IMO, because they drag out the matches.  The last game I played went the full 20 minutes. But please, limit CVs to games where people actually queue CVs.  Seems like half the matches now have a green CV bot.  

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles

If they were in every match I might agree with you but they are not so I disagree. Having them in co-op opens up the chance to complete plane missions without going into randoms.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
5 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Putting CVs back in coop is an unwelcome change overall IMO, because they drag out the matches. 

If you knew how many matches I've recently had end because of the mercy rule, you wouldn't raise this as a serious objection.

• Cool 7

[WOLF7]
Members
12,597 posts
7 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Coop is a quick way to grind out the first daily mission chain or directives. Putting CVs back in coop is an unwelcome change overall IMO, because they drag out the matches.  The last game I played went the full 20 minutes. But please, limit CVs to games where people actually queue CVs.  Seems like half the matches now have a green CV bot.  

You'll need to shoot down 100 planes in a few weeks.....:Smile_glasses:

Members
1,926 posts
7,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you knew how many matches I've recently had end because of the mercy rule, you wouldn't raise this as a serious objection.

Given the CV is almost always the last ship killed, the mercy rule isn't any different.  

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,516 posts
6,479 battles

So far they haven't been as annoying as they were pre rework. Gives me a chance to learn to counter them and get aircraft kills where required.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,276 posts

I love having the bot cvs as each plane kill is more xp and credits falling from the sky.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,313 posts
25,257 battles
31 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I drive CVs and agree with this; don’t queue bloody CVs unless a real player does so.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The quickness is the point of coop. If you want a twenty minute match play randoms. The bot cv is annoying and serves no purpose. Let them put red cvs if they want but why force a green one on everyone else?

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,834 posts
25,917 battles
30 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

So far they haven't been as annoying as they were pre rework. Gives me a chance to learn to counter them and get aircraft kills where required.

They're not annoying because the bot CVs are, at least from my experience, completely incompetent when it comes to landing hits.  Sure, they can get my ships spotted, but beyond that bot CV planes seem more like free plane kills and their CVs seem like free damage, if you can get them before the game ends.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,887 posts
9,956 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Coop is a quick way to grind out the first daily mission chain or directives.

God preserve us from entitled people who want to change a form of the game they barely use - a form that other people play exclusively.

Seriously, you might get support for this idea in the PVE forum but when its been discussed, planes are supported.

Actually...its been done.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/197180-remove-cvs-from-co-op-unless-a-player-cv-is-present/

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yup. 

The problem isn't CVs in coop. It's that they are programmed to drive away at the end, instead of toward the greens. The problem of long coop times could be solved if the CV simply turned and ran for the center when it was the last remaining bot. 

[USCC]
Members
3,002 posts
13,776 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I know, it drives me crazy, it's such a stupid rule, and it really affects everyone, but more so the ones that are the last to eat, "anything slow that didn't make it to the battle before the DD's had their fill"

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,892 posts
11,524 battles
5 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Then go kill them.  It’s not that hard, I have had no problem at all with it.  

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

I like the bot CVs since it's literally ribbons, credits, XPs falling from the sky.

And if you played a 20 minute game in Co-op, your entire team was ONE BIG FAIL.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,393 posts
13,035 battles

I think he's talking about the Human side having a Bot CV.  And I don't understand the issue.  All ships can be sunk, it's no worse than a human going off and hiding to save his ship during a loss battle.  Leave COOP alone.  There are players who only play it because Random is to toxic to play and has become WOT on water.  I play COOP because the Bots fight more like real ships than the humans do.  Ships don't fight by hiding behind islands, or rocking back and forth, or whatever else these crazy humans do.  Ships sail and fight, they go into harm's way and get blasted as they blast the enemy.  Read history.  WG set it up like WOT because they are too stupid and/or lazy to figure out how to make it more real, so they fall back on what works for them, tanks.

Don't worry about crap like this, worry about how WG rips you off and calls it an improvement.  How they bait and switch, how they tell you they are going to rework something and then make it worse.  How they tell us premium will never be touch and then quietly nerf them until they are called out on it and then use the old party line of "Game Balance"

Just pay and play, that's all WG want from you.  

[RLGN]
Members
14,313 posts
25,257 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In old RTS, not always.

Maybe the team was mashed potatoes, but I would sink all the pewpews, deplane the bot CV, then put-put around in Bogue and take caps.

Most perfectly timed battle I ever had, I worked over the bot Bogue; then hovered outside AA with my torpies.

When the Standard cap timer had 15-20 seconds left, I dropped on the bot Bogue.

Killed the Bogue and capped out at the same time.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,628 posts
8,610 battles
10 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I like the bot CVs since it's literally ribbons, credits, XPs falling from the sky.

I went 19 the other day.  Of course I was the only human and in a Bayern.  It takes time to wallow around the map.

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,103 battles
43 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I went 19 the other day.  Of course I was the only human and in a Bayern.  It takes time to wallow around the map.

Bayern?

Hah!

If you where in a New York you'd still be looking for that CV :-)

Edited by freggo
spelling fix

[WOLFG]
Members
9,628 posts
8,610 battles
1 minute ago, freggo said:

Bayern?

Hah!

If you where in a New York you'd still looking for that CV :-)

Nah, My bot CV buddy was sacrificing his planes in attacks spotting him for me.

I just never would have caught up.  That 3 knts made all the difference.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

Bot Carriers are so inept that it's funny.  Taking a sole ship into Training Room against 3 bot CVs, to include 3 Tier X CVs to solely focus on your ship.

A bot Shokaku camping over my Daring, it literally couldn't hit me and I didn't even try to hide from the planes.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[USCC]
Members
3,002 posts
13,776 battles
11 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I played a match last night on the PTS, tier I, I was testing the new NTS re-set thingamagig and the match went 17 minutes!!!!! 
All bot team, and the bots were playing so passively I literally has to chase down and kill 6 in my Erie, was brutal, Luckily you only have to win one battle per tier :Smile_veryhappy: 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
22 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have been doing a lot of co-op to clear the flakes and it is about 80% but that doesn't bother be as I am there for the win and on to the next ship.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,479 posts

Co-op is a regular game mode, not a short cut for ez grinding.   I welcome the return of CV's and longer matches!   DD's have long needed a counter in pve- they've been running rampant and dominating the games lately. 

I'm loving the longer games, and being able to actually play the game (rather than just be a witness to others going hog wild for 3 minutes, then back to port.).  It's also cool that my AA gunners now have something productive to do other than whining about being slaughtered by all the HA spam, lol.