You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

Anyone else think this mission is a bit much?

23 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,470 posts

At first I thought the requirements were separate, that the base XP was cumulative.

The first stage of it though is 1500 base xp and a win.  I just played my Massachusetts in a random though, got the win and 1491 base XP. The mission progress did not move.

So that means that the last stage of the mission requires a win and 2750 base XP in a single match.

shot-19.08.01_12.05.48-0318.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
44 posts
3,917 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

At first I thought the requirements were separate, that the base XP was cumulative.

The first stage of it though is 1500 base xp and a win.  I just played my Massachusetts in a random though, got the win and 1491 base XP. The mission progress did not move.

So that means that the last stage of the mission requires a win and 2750 base XP in a single match.

shot-19.08.01_12.05.48-0318.jpg

Honestly the requirements aren't all that bad. Find the ships you're best with and play it for a night and it's definitely achievable. I suggest using a tier 10 or possibly a premium tier 9.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,968 posts
14,258 battles

My personal best is 2500 and that was ONCE in Space Battles, after spamming it literally all night so I was "in the zone". Big nope for me. I might get a couple of the lower ones - I did that last night without even trying - but... wow.

One thing is for sure, the chances of getting that sort of BXP on a LOSS are remote to zero.

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My personal best is 2500 and that was ONCE in Space Battles, after spamming it literally all night so I was "in the zone". Big nope for me. I might get a couple of the lower ones - I did that last night without even trying - but... wow.

One thing is for sure, the chances of getting that sort of BXP on a LOSS are remote to zero.

Yeah I dunno what my best was so I just checked my profile in game, it says "XP" under "Most per battle" is 3989.  It says it was an Asashio battle.

I know I have gotten way more XP than that stacking flags etc so it must be talking about base. 

I guess I know what ship to use to try for it :Smile_veryhappy:

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles

@Burnsy If they were regular WoWs missions like the two 3 part dailies then yes.

Since they a special missions connected to Twitch then no. Such missions should be challenging.

I normally play co op but the French DD missions have brought me back to random since even in a loss the 15000 XP from random is much easier to get requiring fewer battles.

With camos, signals and a lucky team draw getting enough Base XP in a win is easy even for a not so great player like myself. If I don't get all 5 stages done for each before they expire is no big deal. I should have tried this with the Twitch missions I had before the French DD event.

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
4 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Burnsy If they were regular WoWs missions like the two 3 part dailies then yes.

Since they a special missions connected to Twitch then no. Such missions should be challenging.

I normally play co op but the French DD missions have brought me back to random since even in a loss the 15000 XP from random is much easier to get requiring fewer battles.

With camos, signals and a lucky team draw getting enough Base XP in a win is easy even for a not so great player like myself. If I don't get all 5 stages done for each before they expire is no big deal. I should have tried this with the Twitch missions I had before the French DD event.

Camos, flags etc do not effect base XP.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,542 posts
8,473 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yeah I dunno what my best was so I just checked my profile in game, it says "XP" under "Most per battle" is 3989.  It says it was an Asashio battle.

I know I have gotten way more XP than that stacking flags etc so it must be talking about base. 

I guess I know what ship to use to try for it :Smile_veryhappy:

Better sacrifice a chicken to the MM so you are bottom tier too.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles

@Burnsy No they don't but their boost win or lose gets the 3 daily crates and other mission that count total xp to complete as well as Free XP and Elite Captain XP earned.

Those missions are meant to be more challenging and they are doable. Five real good random wins isn't that difficult to get in the time period the missions have and the stages of each get filled in in one battle. I just filled in a stage 1 for one mission and stage 2 for another in one winning battle.

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
35 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Burnsy No they don't but their boost win or lose gets the 3 daily crates and other mission that count total xp to complete as well as Free XP and Elite Captain XP earned.

Those missions are meant to be more challenging and they are doable. Five real good random wins isn't that difficult to get in the time period the missions have and the stages of each get filled in in one battle. I just filled in a stage 1 for one mission and stage 2 for another in one winning battle.

Yeah, my post was specifically about the very last stage only, the 2750 raw base XP single match.  Going to have to be a pretty darned good match. 

I don't know how often I actually get numbers like that, apparently I have blown it out of the water in the past at least once, but I think it's a bit rare.

Members
6,854 posts
15,276 battles

That's gotta be a typo. I know I can't just go out and easily expect to get 2750 base, im not sure how the average player would expect to do that. I did hit 2900 last night, buts full on farm mode in Mahan, and I can't gaurentee that kind of performance all the time. 

The clan battle allowance is hilarious though. Impossible to achieve there. 

[ARGSY]
6,914 posts
26,890 battles

Read it again and compare it to the other mission.

The "Fight with us" says: In one battle earn xxxx base XP

The Twitch missions says: Win one battle and earn xxxx base XP

It doesn't says that the XP have to be earned in ONE battle. You just need a win to make sure you reach the next phase and can use any number of battles to earn those XP.

[A-D-F]
7,470 posts
9 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Read it again and compare it to the other mission.

The "Fight with us" says: In one battle earn xxxx base XP

The Twitch missions says: Win one battle and earn xxxx base XP

It doesn't says that the XP have to be earned in ONE battle. You just need a win to make sure you reach the next phase and can use any number of battles to earn those XP.

I already addressed that in the first post.  I have won battles, it is not moving forward.  It has to be a win and the required xp in a single battle.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
917 posts
10,100 battles

A base xp in a single battle like that deserves the kind of reward you get from a supercontainer. Anything less just isn't worth trying.

[KRAK]
Members
3,711 posts
21,718 battles
5 hours ago, RussianCosmonaughtIvan said:

Honestly the requirements aren't all that bad. Find the ships you're best with and play it for a night and it's definitely achievable. I suggest using a tier 10 or possibly a premium tier 9.

A 2700 base XP game is super rare. Achievable? LoL.