Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
awiggin

I'm Shocked!

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,596 posts

I got a in game survey again today, and it didn't end as soon as I said I wouldn't recommend the game! :Smile_amazed::cap_horn:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bcf6732fe5ec5f8d4916e1b4cb6c2758.png

I actually went thru and filled it out, no telling if they'll actually listen, but letting you do the whole survey is a start!:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,100 posts
14,317 battles

The first question is somewhat misleading. I wouldn't recommend this game to friends, acquaintances and colleagues if I knew that none of them were into online gaming.

It's like I wouldn't recommend target shooting to blind people.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,569 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The first question is somewhat misleading. I wouldn't recommend this game to friends, acquaintances and colleagues if I knew that none of them were into online gaming.

Even before the RB, CV rework, and other changes I would be very careful who I recommended this game to.

With spotting mechanics, angling, and other non intuitive gameplay, this game has always had a high potential to piss people off.  And those are things that are explained through videos.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,024 posts
8,268 battles
48 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Exactly. None of my friends play PC games period, let alone online.

I have 2 uncles that play, but one has no interest in ships, (he's an ex-Leopard 1 driver, and WoT is all he'll play) and the other is a history buff in the naval reserve, and he would be one of the ones to complain about realism and historical accuracy. I might actually get him to try it, (he has expressed interest) but I'll be sure to hit him with all the disclaimers I can think of first.

Edited by Skpstr

[ARGSY]
Members
20,100 posts
14,317 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I have 2 uncles that play, but one has no interest in ships, (he's an ex-Leopard 1 driver, and WoT is all he'll play) and the other is a history buff in the naval reserve, and he would be one of the ones to complain about realism and historical accuracy.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFG]
Members
29,024 posts
8,268 battles
33 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Even before the RB, CV rework, and other changes I would be very careful who I recommended this game to.

With spotting mechanics, angling, and other non intuitive gameplay, this game has always had a high potential to piss people off.  And those are things that are explained through videos.

Agreed. I'd actually be more inclined to recommend this to a non-gamer, (non-video gamer anyway, somebody who's played AH's Jutland might be ok with the arcadey nature, just to see the ships come to life, and board gamers are pretty good at understanding abstraction) because they won't have the same degree of expectation IMO.

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
242 posts
13,258 battles

Yea, a friend of mine had told me about this game. So, I started playing it. Well, he started complaining to me about playing in games that match him and me to maps that were 2 tiers above. So, he quit and will never play it again. lol. I take this with a grain of salt. I'll play it a lot, then there are days I will leave it alone for a few days. I am not a heavy gamer like most people. But if someone that wants to play it I would tell them, you might be pulling out your hair at times or doing something destructive if it doesn't go your way. But for me, I would just get out of the game for a few days.

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
4 minutes ago, Alienmenace_1 said:

Yea, a friend of mine had told me about this game. So, I started playing it. Well, he started complaining to me about playing in games that match him and me to maps that were 2 tiers above. So, he quit and will never play it again. lol. I take this with a grain of salt. I'll play it a lot, then there are days I will leave it alone for a few days. I am not a heavy gamer like most people. But if someone that wants to play it I would tell them, you might be pulling out your hair at times or doing something destructive if it doesn't go your way. But for me, I would just get out of the game for a few days.

::fires devstrike:: i love this game!

::receives devstrike:: to hell with this janky unrealistic pos!

YMMV

Edited by Xanshin
  • Funny 1

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles
On 8/2/2019 at 7:56 AM, Skpstr said:

Exactly. None of my friends play PC games period, let alone online.

I have 2 uncles that play, but one has no interest in ships, (he's an ex-Leopard 1 driver, and WoT is all he'll play) and the other is a history buff in the naval reserve, and he would be one of the ones to complain about realism and historical accuracy. I might actually get him to try it, (he has expressed interest) but I'll be sure to hit him with all the disclaimers I can think of first.

Show him the mighty moe scenes from battleship. That’s all the disclaimer you need. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[W-P-A]
[W-P-A]
Members
242 posts
13,258 battles
4 hours ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Show him the mighty moe scenes from battleship. That’s all the disclaimer you need. :Smile_teethhappy:

I see a lot of the Mighty Mo and Iowa tearing me apart. lol, When I get into a game with those 2 in there. I know I'm going to have a hard time staying alive.

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
100 posts
14,186 battles

I just think that peep's take this game to seriously. This game is good for some good old fashioned entertainment. Too many peep's hop online after a crummy day and expect this game to wash away the problem's. If you are in a crappy mood when you start, you will be in an even worse mood after you play. Raging in chat box, hurling insult's, or crying like a child in forum's is a sign this game might not be the best fit for you. For all the other player's who enjoy the game play as well as the social interaction's with clan mates or other peep's who pop in to make the experience a positive one. Even when the MM put's a bullseye on you! 

This is a very focused group of player's who 1) enjoy history and love looking at the ship's as they were in there prime. 2) like a fast paced rock'm sock'm warship 3) Don't feel the need to berate or denegrate other's.

Have a great day !

Sign in to follow this