Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Steeler_Nation_USA

Is it time for a DLC type dev team/strategy?

5 comments in this topic

Members
597 posts
7,307 battles

17 different flavors of currency. Pay to advance tactics everywhere. RNG loot boxes everywhere. New Armory version 29 (at this point i don't even care). CV rework for what?- obviously more loot boxes and reskins. 

One of two things is happening. They are so cash strapped they are going for the low hanging fruit and just tweaking the economics where they think it sorta makes sense with existing assets.

Two- They have no idea what they are doing and they need new development/marketing planners or they really don't care much..

I would MUCH rather PAY for a complete DLC that rolls out new PVe type scenarios and has one or two really cool ships at the end. Midway, Hunt for the Bismark, RU convoy support, Alaska invasion, Road to Tokyo, Yammy's last mission, hell even fictional Invasion of DC. Create a dev team that can use existing assets where possible but rollout unique maps, ships and support vehicles to make it a immersive experience. BoTs could be part of this of course but i bet if the rewards are good enough you would have plenty of people ponying up for a 10-20 hr campaign. Then the customer gets something that is not RNG based in the end and tells all his buddies how cool the new DLC was and you start to replenish your base with NEW players. At this point for many (and the stats support) this is a play a couple of times, logoff, come back do it again the next day or two. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 4

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,191 battles
17 minutes ago, Ghostar_1 said:

Please no, not anything else to spend more money. 

I think he was suggesting that the value you get for the same amount of money would be greater if they delivered DLC content rather than bizarre attempts to monetize a 2-month jump on French DDs, and I agree with that. Presumably you'd be no more required to buy that than anything else, and you wouldn't have to worry about P2W ships since the change would be in the maps and scenarios, not the ships.

• Funny 1

[ARA-I]
Members
134 posts
2,434 battles
1 hour ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

I think he was suggesting that the value you get for the same amount of money would be greater if they delivered DLC content rather than bizarre attempts to monetize a 2-month jump on French DDs, and I agree with that. Presumably you'd be no more required to buy that than anything else, and you wouldn't have to worry about P2W ships since the change would be in the maps and scenarios, not the ships.

Then it could be. 

Still I preffer if they fix the game first. 

[SBS]
Members
5,897 posts
2 hours ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

I would MUCH rather PAY for a complete DLC that rolls out new PVe type scenarios and has one or two really cool ships at the end. Midway, Hunt for the Bismark, RU convoy support, Alaska invasion, Road to Tokyo, Yammy's last mission, hell even fictional Invasion of DC. Create a dev team that can use existing assets where possible but rollout unique maps, ships and support vehicles to make it a immersive experience. BoTs could be part of this of course but i bet if the rewards are good enough you would have plenty of people ponying up for a 10-20 hr campaign. Then the customer gets something that is not RNG based in the end and tells all his buddies how cool the new DLC was and you start to replenish your base with NEW players. At this point for many (and the stats support) this is a play a couple of times, logoff, come back do it again the next day or two. 

I'm with you on the desire for a PVE campaign.  :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this