Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pupsdad

Yoshino

6 comments in this topic

[SOFOP]
Members
98 posts
11,276 battles

Well I thought it should be mine I've read reviews, watched video and I pulled the trigger. I've only sailed two battles, both losses and I got sunk in both. I made a bad turn in one that closed the range to much and I paid dearly. The other I got run down (run over) my team had a couple sink everyone bailed and I left to late. But it is fun. Fired tops once each battle didn't score a hit but they were dodging them. Easy to score hits long range and set fires. Earning seems OK so a fun TX ship that earns looks like a winner. I find open water more forgiving and I high tail it out of bad spots and can shoot on the run running the damage up. It's early but I think it was coal well spent.

Next is a FXP ship time to start evaluations. 

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,878 posts
4,881 battles

• Funny 1

[SOFOP]
Members
98 posts
11,276 battles

I'm still loving this thing, yes one slip and I'm a goner but it pours out the damage. Finally landed a few torpedoes been real cautious on my teams location and launch at probable enemy routes. Got a few victories, and I'm getting a feal for it. Time to start trying to formulate some tactics to increase the chance of victory not just damage numbers. 

[BUCC]
Members
13 posts
7,406 battles

I find this ship fun. However my team seems to think it should be played in close. Every game I play I get map pinged and told to move up. The guns are great at range and had some real LOL moments with the torps. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,056 posts
36,014 battles
24 minutes ago, sdbaracosa said:

I find this ship fun. However my team seems to think it should be played in close. Every game I play I get map pinged and told to move up. The guns are great at range and had some real LOL moments with the torps. 

Yeah I had that problem in Azuma too. A couple of games ago a player went after me for playing Azuma from the rear. It was quite satisfying to see CONFEDERATE for me light up during his tirade, then moments later I dev struck a Khab with AP. Ended up with 1600 base XP in a loss, he had less than 800.

But it just highlights the problem with the IJN big cruisers -- you have no armor, so in the end when you need to push up and kill ships to win, you can't. Hence I have gaudy damage numbers but few wins to show for it.

[BUCC]
Members
13 posts
7,406 battles
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yeah I had that problem in Azuma too. A couple of games ago a player went after me for playing Azuma from the rear. It was quite satisfying to see CONFEDERATE for me light up during his tirade, then moments later I dev struck a Khab with AP. Ended up with 1600 base XP in a loss, he had less than 800.

But it just highlights the problem with the IJN big cruisers -- you have no armor, so in the end when you need to push up and kill ships to win, you can't. Hence I have gaudy damage numbers but few wins to show for it.

Yeah the fact they don't have armor is part of the fun for me. You need to be on your toes or you get nuked. I don't have a great win rate in the Yoshino but I usually end up near the top of the team. Thinking of getting the Azuma too but waiting to see what else comes along.

Sign in to follow this