You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Formous

Ark Royal release date and pricing?

18 comments in this topic

[XXX]
Members
581 posts
1,532 battles

Probably the only premium carrier I have a interest in. While Big E would be fun, its a t8, and thats a problem to me.  So does anyone know when the Royal will hit release, or is likely to hit release?  And if so, what kind of going rate would the ship end up costing? Part of why I hesitate to get Big E is I could get Code: vein for that price instead.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,011 battles

Has not been announced yet.

Members
2,763 posts
93 battles
20 minutes ago, Formous said:

Probably the only premium carrier I have a interest in. While Big E would be fun, its a t8, and thats a problem to me.  So does anyone know when the Royal will hit release, or is likely to hit release?  And if so, what kind of going rate would the ship end up costing? Part of why I hesitate to get Big E is I could get Code: vein for that price instead.

Release date is still unknown atm. 

For the price, I'd say it's probably going to be a bit more expensive than the most expensive T6 premium BB. 

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

[XXX]
Members
581 posts
1,532 battles
Just now, dad003 said:

with the AA state there no point to play cv ...

I have adapted my strategy best I can in this respect.

17 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

For the price, I'd say it's probably going to be a bit more expensive than the most expensive T6 premium BB. 

so maybe 30-40.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,570 posts
11 minutes ago, Formous said:

I have adapted my strategy best I can in this respect.

so maybe 30-40.

It could be a free event reward for all we know. 

[SPTR]
Members
27,146 posts
16,403 battles

I can't really see it being all that good for scenarios and coop only due to numerous low tier plane count its still a wip my guess is 2 months away and being a tier 6 she she could end up a reward ships for either a new set of directive/campaigns like how shinomone and graff spee was back then.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,570 posts
20 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

30-40? You priced carriers "recently"? Try 50 or above... 

50 is T8 CV pricing.  It's a T6.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
2 hours ago, dad003 said:

with the AA state there no point to play cv ...

Ark Royal has been a pleasant surprise in that respect.  Even with the current AA power, the fast regeneration of her aircraft makes it functionally difficult to deplane her.  Ironically, her slow aircraft also aid in this, increasing the amount of time outside of combat and more time in transit back to the carrier, making it more likely for a reserve number (or two) to tick over.  Her better-than-average striking power when her aircraft are finally in position more than makes up for the disparity in travel time, so she's a lot of fun.

And she murders lolibotes like no other carrier so far.

We'll see if she survives her Work in Progress state intact.

• Cool 5

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,521 posts

Let's see... slow planes are a plus because they reduce the number of attack I can implement and make the journey to/from target take longer so hence more planes "should" survive? 

Wonder how that works against the constant up-tiering she'll receive to tier 8 waters? 

My money is she'll cost much closer to $50 than the $30-$40 range. She's a carrier you know. It's the easiest ship type to play. She's got that permacamo, unlimited planes and don't forget she's a "collector" ship. 

I think my wallet will remain welded shut - but that is just me. I'm not suggesting anyone else do the same. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
7 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

And she murders lolibotes like no other carrier so far.

Is this primarily because of the bombs (which got a nerf for that reason), or also because she has a three-torp spread and a marginally better chance of getting a fish on target? I know @Vader_Sama has made it his life's work to torpedo destroyers in operations; I can see him giving this a serious look, to the point where I think he ought to be brought on board and issued one specifically for T6 Operations testing.

[SIM]
Members
4,934 posts
8,014 battles

Hopefully she’s a free event ship, because putting up any money on a CV in this game is pure folly, at least until WG actually finalizes their AA mechanics.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,039 posts
10,089 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is this primarily because of the bombs (which got a nerf for that reason), or also because she has a three-torp spread and a marginally better chance of getting a fish on target? I know @Vader_Sama has made it his life's work to torpedo destroyers in operations; I can see him giving this a serious look, to the point where I think he ought to be brought on board and issued one specifically for T6 Operations testing.

This is primarily due to the bombs.  They already were nerfed once and they still haven't cut into them enough to keep destroyers safe, imo.  She's a good carrier for operations too because of her striking power.  But you really have to position her aggressively to cut down that turn around time which can be difficult depending on the mission.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,332 battles
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

This is primarily due to the bombs.

If there ever was a time to give at least one Royal Navy CV regular-style dive bombers, it could be now. Make them Skuas, since that was what the plane was designed for. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,138 posts
10,745 battles
8 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Hopefully she’s a free event ship, because putting up any money on a CV in this game is pure folly, at least until WG actually finalizes their AA mechanics.

It is certainly possible but I suspect she'll be sold normally. CVs are still too polarizing to hinge a whole event on. They'd be better off with a more generally acceptable ship that more in the community would engage in the event to obtain. There is, however, a strong demand for her from history buffs and CV players to just sell her outright. 

[GRAVE]
Members
1,271 posts
18,799 battles
20 hours ago, Burnsy said:

It could be a free event reward for all we know. 

I kind of hope so, maybe she'll be WG's Christmas gift for this year. She fits most categories for the Christmas freebie: 1. She's British, 2. She has history behind her, 3. She has been requested to come into the game for a while. Only thing she doesn't have to fit the bill right now is she actually doesn't seem to suck, but then again, PEF looked similar to that before they killed her for no good reason.