Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FirstRock

What am I missing?

11 comments in this topic

[-JO-]
Members
29 posts
2,880 battles

I don't get the guns in this game. I can go for a while and hit most of the time and do decent damage... but now aiming in the same areas with the same ship/s with a tight grouping... I watch my rounds part like the red sea near impact. Lately, again with the my same BB's at close range my rounds do little to nothing where before it was a  citadel hit... now i'm lucky if I do 2000 pts.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts

Sometimes the RNG is your friend, like when I got these cits on a Neptune with my Worcester:

image.thumb.png.39bcd8142804df85181b72395d0e072e.png

At other times, I've fired a full broadside salvo at 6 km and not a single shell hit. :Smile_unsure:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
2 minutes ago, FirstRock said:

Consistently low damage for 4 days is not random.

Post a replay. Perhaps you are aiming a bit off center or not leading enough. Also, go try your ship in the Training Room. The Training Room is a really good place to explore hit mechanics. I use it all the time for the CVs.

Edited by Snargfargle

[-JO-]
Members
29 posts
2,880 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

Post a replay. Perhaps you are aiming a bit off center or not leading enough. Also, go try your ship in the Training Room.

The ships are broadside and rounds impact on both sides of the enemy vessel, mid-ship at long range and do little to nothing mid-ship at close. AGAIN WATCHING MY ROUNDS, aiming in the SAME spots that gave me crits BEFORE over the last 4ish days with 15 to 20 matches per day. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,647 posts
4 minutes ago, FirstRock said:

The ships are broadside and rounds impact on both sides of the enemy vessel, mid-ship at long range and do little to nothing mid-ship at close. AGAIN WATCHING MY ROUNDS, aiming in the SAME spots that gave me crits BEFORE over the last 4ish days with 15 to 20 matches per day. 

Probably RNG. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck. We can't tell without a replay. Note too that WG is constantly messing around with citadel locations and armor.

10cWHpD.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
5,901 posts
46 minutes ago, FirstRock said:

Please explain.

There are elements in the game that are random, like your gun's accuracy.  When you fire your guns the rounds don't just automatically go where you aim them.  The game does what we call a roll, like rolling dice.  In the game what is happening is the game is using a Random Number Generator (RNG) to determine your accuracy.  The game randomly selects a number and that randomly chosen number will be your gun accuracy for those rounds.  There are different variables that help determine if you get a good or bad roll from the RNG, like your ship's dispersion and sigma ratings for example. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,564 posts
57 minutes ago, FirstRock said:

Consistently low damage for 4 days is not random.

It is.

That's how random works.  It is entirely possible to flip a quarter 50 times and get heads 50 times.  The previous flip's result, has no bearing on the next flip.  The outcomes are mutually exclusive.

There isn't code written in the game that we all play that says to give FirstRock, him specifically, worse luck than everyone else.

[HINON]
Members
13,266 posts

Sometimes you roll a perfect salvo that nukes people and other times you roll snake eyes for dispersion. The Urbanmech below rolled a perfect critical with a small laser.

Pc64Sa7.gif

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this