You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

pennies short

15 comments in this topic

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,766 battles

:cap_wander_2:
It always seems I'm always just a bit short when it comes to unlocking crates or completing daily missions. I mean, 35 xp. That's what, another shell hit or two? C'mon man. Anyone else know that frustration?

so close.PNG

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TF16B]
Modder
652 posts
799 battles

Especially frustrating when you only had time for a few battles and you realize you need one more to get you over but have no time.

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

That's why I keep ships like the Smith and Tachibana around. A t2 coop game takes just a few minutes, no focus, and is a quick and painless way to get of the the hump when you are a little short.

Matt

[4HIM]
Members
3,031 posts
12,678 battles

I was finishing up the grind to unlock the Chappy and needed 14 XP.  Basically spawn in, hit "W" once, then go start getting ready for bedtime.  Come back and unlocked.

No, I didn't do it that way.  But it WAS tempting.  

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
12 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I have had it at 1 xp before.

Same here.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,205 posts
14,360 battles
25 minutes ago, mobryan said:

That's why I keep ships like the Smith and Tachibana around. A t2 coop game takes just a few minutes, no focus, and is a quick and painless way to get of the the hump when you are a little short.

Matt

More to the point, this is why I keep the Black Swan. With no torpedoes in T1 co-op, the chances of going pink through impatience or inattention under the circumstances prevailing are remote.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,943 posts
15,451 battles
47 minutes ago, CTMAADawson said:

I mean, 35 xp. That's what, another shell hit or two? C'mon man

The time it took to take ss, then go the ss folder in WOW folder, find the ss, then edit it, then loaded the ss to an online service like imur so you can grab the bb code. Created a new post and link the bb code is enough for you to finish 2 games and earn way more XP then the mere 35xp

Lesson of today: Learn to time management

• Confused 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,334 posts
25,271 battles
48 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I have had it at 1 xp before.

Same.

Play mostly after 2300, so getting a game like that is like WG saying they don’t want me to go to sleep.

• Cool 1

[FERAL]
Members
87 posts
5,394 battles

And after you get the XP for the container, you realize you missed completing the daily mission by 50XP. Hit battle one more time.

• Funny 1

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,766 battles
14 minutes ago, JayRow2018 said:

And after you get the XP for the container, you realize you missed completing the daily mission by 50XP. Hit battle one more time.

Truth.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,445 posts
14,165 battles
2 hours ago, Mailman653 said:

Especially frustrating when you only had time for a few battles and you realize you need one more to get you over but have no time.

That is co-op time, charge in and sink but you will get more than enough. Take off and do what you needed to do the crate will be there when you fire the game up again.

[TJRD]
Members
52 posts
5,110 battles
2 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

:cap_wander_2:
It always seems I'm always just a bit short when it comes to unlocking crates or completing daily missions. I mean, 35 xp. That's what, another shell hit or two? C'mon man. Anyone else know that frustration?

so close.PNG

You think that's close try being exactly 1xp away from the last container of the day (i have bern there with the 1xp club)

[WOLFC]
Members
2,883 posts
16,376 battles

And the elephant in the room is ... we keep playing for the next "achievement", instead of playing for fun.  I DO miss the old days.

• Cool 1

[FERAL]
Members
87 posts
5,394 battles
13 hours ago, DocWalker said:

And the elephant in the room is ... we keep playing for the next "achievement", instead of playing for fun.  I DO miss the old days.

The very reason why I stay up too late many nights.  Just one more battle . . .  I think I nodded off last night waiting for MM, just to wake up a minute latter and I'm sitting AFK in the spawn :fish_sleep:.  Maybe I'm a bit too undisciplined LOL.