You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
44 posts
3,917 battles

So here we are with NTC Mk2 by wargaming and I have to admit I'm not super thrilled. My main issue with NTC is that supposedly the main idea is to get less players at tier 10 and even out the matchmaking. However in my opinion this is just a disguise for players to spend loads of money. Think about it, you may use your free xp to regrind up to tier 10 and once you run out perhaps half way to getting yourself an Ohio the temptation to spend money to free xp the rest of the way will get worse and worse. Believe it or not this isn't my main issue with the NTC, my main issue is they already had a system that worked before. Anybody remember the ARP ship missions? For those that don't you had to grind ships of a specific tier to complete a mission to get a free ARP reskin of a Japanese ship. I liked this system! It would get me playing lower tiers and in the process reward me with a free ship. So why we can't do something similar to this is a confusing question to me and my only conclusion is for Wargaming to get players to spend money and exhaust their resources. I just wish we would get some world war 1 missions and events that reward us with a unique dreadnought or ww1 crusier. Make a unique map or something similar and I assure you people will play low tier ships and won't complain about it.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,802 battles

You can also go totally free. You can also use the NTC to make a ton of extra FXP. 

options options I like options.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
44 posts
3,917 battles
14 minutes ago, paradat said:

You can also go totally free. You can also use the NTC to make a ton of extra FXP. 

I suppose but the amount of free xp you will need to get all these shiny new tier 10s is absolutely immense. It's going to be somewhere around 700k for every line you re grind. So 20,000 - 30,000 doubloons worth.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,802 battles
10 minutes ago, RussianCosmonaughtIvan said:

I suppose but the amount of free xp you will need to get all these shiny new tier 10s is absolutely immense. It's going to be somewhere around 700k for every line you re grind. So 20,000 - 30,000 doubloons worth.

The free xp ships are more like 1 million FXP. No reason to convert XP into FXP unless you are in a big hurry. The NTC will let you convert points into FXP for free..... So if you would rather use the points for the NTC reward ships or use them for FXP ships it will be your choice. 

Again just more goodies to play ships you would play anyway. 

If you are a tier 10 player only then yeah the NTC will not be for you. For the rest of us there is no downside and it is completely optional.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
32 minutes ago, RussianCosmonaughtIvan said:

So here we are with NTC Mk2 by wargaming and I have to admit I'm not super thrilled. My main issue with NTC is that supposedly the main idea is to get less players at tier 10 and even out the matchmaking. However in my opinion this is just a disguise for players to spend loads of money. Think about it, you may use your free xp to regrind up to tier 10 and once you run out perhaps half way to getting yourself an Ohio the temptation to spend money to free xp the rest of the way will get worse and worse. Believe it or not this isn't my main issue with the NTC, my main issue is they already had a system that worked before. Anybody remember the ARP ship missions? For those that don't you had to grind ships of a specific tier to complete a mission to get a free ARP reskin of a Japanese ship. I liked this system! It would get me playing lower tiers and in the process reward me with a free ship. So why we can't do something similar to this is a confusing question to me and my only conclusion is for Wargaming to get players to spend money and exhaust their resources. I just wish we would get some world war 1 missions and events that reward us with a unique dreadnought or ww1 crusier. Make a unique map or something similar and I assure you people will play low tier ships and won't complain about it.

The ARP ship missions were either T5+ or T6+ IIRC. So people would just use T10 like always.

People spend money now to FXP to the T10 when a new line drops, so why would this be any different. There are people with millions of FXP and all the lines done, who complain that there is nothing else to do. This gives them something to do instead of leaving for some other game.

Relax, it is and option, not a commandment.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,334 posts
19,526 battles
39 minutes ago, RussianCosmonaughtIvan said:

My main issue with NTC is that supposedly the main idea is to get less players at tier 10 and even out the matchmaking. However in my opinion this is just a disguise for players to spend loads of money.

It is both of these things. They're not mutually exclusive.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
29 minutes ago, paradat said:

True but you well know that within an hour after that goes live that we will be seeing those "reward ships" because people have huge amounts of experience tied up on their elite ships, some people have no patience and deep pockets. I have over 14 million and the tier 10 only players probably have much more than that. While they claim this is to get people back into the middle tiers it is temporary at best and not a true long term solution for what they are putting this up as.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,064 posts
14,295 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

While they claim this is to get people back into the middle tiers it is temporary at best and not a true long term solution for what they are putting this up as.

IDK; with four or five resets required for Colbert, who knows how many required for Ohio, and other stuff coming down the pipeline, anyone who goes in for this as a regrind motivator is going to be spending quite a bit of time regrinding quite a few lines. Of course there will be whaling, but the more sensible ones are going to shy away from shovelling money at FXP conversion; there will be more efficient ways to spend their money.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,802 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but you well know that within an hour after that goes live that we will be seeing those "reward ships" because people have huge amounts of experience tied up on their elite ships, some people have no patience and deep pockets. I have over 14 million and the tier 10 only players probably have much more than that. While they claim this is to get people back into the middle tiers it is temporary at best and not a true long term solution for what they are putting this up as.

Well yeah for sure lol. Some people will do that. My only point is that nobody has to do that. The Idea of the NTC just gives the players more options. I like that a lot.

Beta Testers
44 posts
3,917 battles
21 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The ARP ship missions were either T5+ or T6+ IIRC. So people would just use T10 like always.

People spend money now to FXP to the T10 when a new line drops, so why would this be any different. There are people with millions of FXP and all the lines done, who complain that there is nothing else to do. This gives them something to do instead of leaving for some other game.

Relax, it is and option, not a commandment.

Some of the ARP ships had to be done in low tier ships the kongo I believe had be tier 6 or lower if I remember right. This is what I was suggesting. My bad for not clarifying 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
5 minutes ago, RussianCosmonaughtIvan said:

Some of the ARP ships had to be done in low tier ships the kongo I believe had be tier 6 or lower if I remember right. This is what I was suggesting. My bad for not clarifying 

I came in on the ARP ships at the end where you could get them all in a super one month grind. I wasn't around for the first run of ARP.

[CAST]
Members
4,990 posts
3,513 battles

I feel I need a tinfoil hat to understand some of these posts, honestly.

Converting ship XP to Free XP has been in the game since the very beginning. And some players do use it to speed up their grind to Tier 10. So what exactly is the problem here? Wargaming has ALWAYS made a ton of money from conversion for those players in a hurry to level up a line.Or purchase a pricey Free XP ship. This nothing new. It's not some new found sinister plan to milk money from players. Stop acting like it is.

It's also quite optional. As optional as playing Ranked or CB for Steel.

Note: The rewards here are WAAAAAY better than getting a bunch of Kongo class battleships and Myoko cruisers with shiny camos with no bonuses and no ability to equip a different camo. I still have the ARP Kongo in my fleet for those days I feel like playing a Kongo, but it still bothers me that I'm not allowed to put any other camo on her. Please don't ask for something like that back.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
11 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Converting ship XP to Free XP has been in the game since the very beginning. And some players do use it to speed up their grind to Tier 10. So what exactly is the problem here? Wargaming has ALWAYS made a ton of money from conversion for those players in a hurry to level up a line.Or purchase a pricey Free XP ship. This nothing new. It's not some new found sinister plan to milk money from players. Stop acting like it is.

Well said and I agree.

Beta Testers
44 posts
3,917 battles
1 hour ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Note: The rewards here are WAAAAAY better than getting a bunch of Kongo class battleships and Myoko cruisers with shiny camos with no bonuses and no ability to equip a different camo. I still have the ARP Kongo in my fleet for those days I feel like playing a Kongo, but it still bothers me that I'm not allowed to put any other camo on her. Please don't ask for something like that back.

I don't suggest ships you can't alter camo on. I just don't understand what was wrong with completing missions to gain ships. As far as the rewards being better I don't understand how they're better. Sure they're higher tier but that doesn't make them better. Some low tier ships are more fun than high tier. As far as my issue with xp conversion is that you're going to need to converte Millions of free xp just to get a single tier 10. Normally for that 1 million free xp you're getting 10 ships and they could all very well be fun and worth the xp. However 3 million, 4 million or 5 million free xp to get just a couple tier 10 ships.... does that not seem excesive. Sure it's an option but not all players have the time or the money to get these ships which is unfortunate in my opinion. People got mad about tier 9's costing 80$ and now we got tier 10's that can cost well over 200$ and dont even get me started on how many credits this would all cost. Whilst.  I'm not super opposed to the NTC I do think it could use some tweaks