You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
07Beast109

Looser at Tier 10 ????

51 comments in this topic

[TRIN]
Members
26 posts
5,924 battles

So I recently got my first tier 10 ship the Des Moines. Yeaaaa I thought!!!!!!  So I started playing and playing and losing money and losing credits and more credits????? Fist I thought its because I'm not a premium player so I went premium. Same results. I did have decent games of 60,000 damage and loosing credits. So is it just me or is this the norm at tier 10. Whats the secret I'm missing, do I need a 100,000 damage every game to get any credits or do you need a premium ship at tier 10 to make any credits.

[MHG]
Members
88 posts
19,372 battles

Working as intended to encourage players to use a variety of tiers, not solely tier 10.  If you want to break even/make money, then do some/all of these things:  1) purchase premium camo for the ship in question 2) run premium time 3) Set the world on fire with a big game, much higher than your current average.

Edited by CuriousShadow
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
4,406 posts
13,712 battles

Tier 10 is known for being a credit loser most games. Especially if your team loses. Flags and Premium time can help, but you will still need to do better than average AND be on the winning team to come out ahead.

Edited by Sabot_100

[OO7]
Members
470 posts
5,604 battles

If you dont have prem. camo, you need to be doing 100k+ dmg, more than 1 kills per game, and hopefully winning games to make money at t10.  Frankly 60k dmg in a des moines is barely beyond the realm of being a liability to your team, so don't expect to make a lot of money like that.

Edited by mixmkz

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,717 posts
16,681 battles

It took you to tier 10 to notice that the higher the tier, the more expensive the service cost?

This is on purpose, to 'encourage' players to buy WG's actual products that they pay their bills from: premium time, premium ships, doubloons, permacamos, etc.

60.000 is barely 'decent' damage at tier 10, and it depends on how that damage is applied and to which targets, how many credits you get. Quality of damage matters a lot more. You get credits for proportions of ships you destroy, not hitpoints in damage. Taking 10k HP from a 20k destroyer earns you as much as taking 50k HP from a 100k battleship.

[-N-]
Members
223 posts
13,836 battles

Two things you can do:

--Get a permanent camo. it can either be the default one or the space one. Same benefits and they are real benefits;100% increase to credits earned, 50% decrease to service cost.

--Only run the premium consumables you need, don't run them all. You already get 4 charges of DFAA base, no need to run premium DFAA. Absolutely necessary are premium damage con and premium heal; radar is also good.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

You should aim for ~2x your ships base XP in damage. In 99% of circumstances, you will turn a more than tidy profit if you can manage that.

[SOFOP]
Members
1,740 posts
11,840 battles

WG:  "We don't have enough people playing tier 10 ships to eliminate Tier 8 ships from their matchmaking pool."

Also WG:  Makes it so expensive to run Tier 10 ships that people are forced to play lower tiers if they don't have a trust fund or are a unicum.

The free premium consumables should help this a bit though.  On something like a Henri, prem consumables are like 90k.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,311 posts
10 minutes ago, 07Beast109 said:

So I recently got my first tier 10 ship the Des Moines. Yeaaaa I thought!!!!!!  So I started playing and playing and losing money and losing credits and more credits????? Fist I thought its because I'm not a premium player so I went premium. Same results. I did have decent games of 60,000 damage and loosing credits. So is it just me or is this the norm at tier 10. Whats the secret I'm missing, do I need a 100,000 damage every game to get any credits or do you need a premium ship at tier 10 to make any credits.

In order to survive at tier 10, you have to buy the perm camo. A top player might be able to squeak by with premium time, but he won't make much.

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
1 minute ago, DolphinPrincess said:

You should be averaging well over 120k in a ship like Des Moines

If you mean to break even, then you are correct.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,053 posts
19,820 battles

1 hour ago, 07Beast109 said:

Whats the secret I'm missing, do I need a 100,000 damage every game to get any credits or do you need a premium ship at tier 10 to make any credit.

There "is" a disconnect between earning credits (which relies principally on damage caused) and successfully playing a ship to capitalize on its strengths to secure a win.  This can be partially mitigated by premium, camo, signals BUT on some ships it's hard to make the difference.  DM, ehhh, a good player can generally break even or gain.  Some ships (especially DDs) can suffer if they rely on torps for Alpha and have an off game.

[-RNG-]
Members
246 posts
7,059 battles

First, but perma camo. I have 5 t10 perma camo and it's damn near impossible to lose credits. Secondly, 60k damage is very low. Unless all 60k is to DDS. You should improve some and maybe regrind another t10. 

Edited by dps_gunner

[KRAK]
Members
3,470 posts
19,325 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Tier 10 is known for being a credit loser most games. Especially if your team loses. Flags and Premium time can help, but you will still need to do better than average AND be on the winning team to come out ahead.

Your team winning or losing has no effect on credits just XP

• Confused 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,470 posts
19,325 battles
1 hour ago, 10T0nHammer said:

If you mean to break even, then you are correct.

Nah even with only say 80k damage and a Perma camo using all premium consumables and no premium time you will make over 100k credits.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,923 posts
7,591 battles
1 hour ago, mixmkz said:

more than 1 kills per game, and hopefully winning games

Wins/losses don't affect credits much, nor are kills worth much XP. 

Permacamo is the primary way of being profitable at T10, with its 20% credit boost and 50% service cost reduction. Premium time alone won't help all that much, but has the benefit of applying to all ships. 

[KIA]
Members
241 posts
12,477 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Of course you would be losing credits at 60k damage

Let's not be dishonest now....that would put you in the 86th best DM player by average damage for NA.  You can break even at far less, but your quality of damage has to improve dramatically.  That 60k is likely all BB damage.  If that 60k was 17k on a DD and then 43k in citadels/AP to a cruiser and finished him off in 20-25 seconds, he'd have a much larger impact on his credit earnings.

[RLGN]
Members
12,624 posts
22,455 battles
8 minutes ago, PrivateJoker13 said:

Let's not be dishonest now....that would put you in the 86th best DM player by average damage for NA.  You can break even at far less, but your quality of damage has to improve dramatically.  That 60k is likely all BB damage.  If that 60k was 17k on a DD and then 43k in citadels/AP to a cruiser and finished him off in 20-25 seconds, he'd have a much larger impact on his credit earnings.

This, and I do.

Thing is, to me; 1 credit in the black is good enough, though of course I endeavor to do better than that.

[SHAFT]
Members
733 posts
15,584 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Of course you would be losing credits at 60k damage

7 minutes ago, PrivateJoker13 said:

I only average 73k damage in my DM after 500+ games and to the best of my knowledge I haven't been losing silver playing her. I'm pretty average with her to be honest.

Granted I have the perma cammo and run premium which buffs my earning potential. I play it primarily as a dd hunter with the legendary module and extended radar module. I like the faster pace and unless I potato broadside to a bb even when I achieve below my average damage I'm profiting cause killing dds rakes in more than farming fire damage on bbs.

[OO7]
Members
470 posts
5,604 battles
20 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Wins/losses don't affect credits much, nor are kills worth much XP. 

Permacamo is the primary way of being profitable at T10, with its 20% credit boost and 50% service cost reduction. Premium time alone won't help all that much, but has the benefit of applying to all ships. 

I ran my daring for ~180 battles without perma camo and pretty much never lose credit.  If you do a lot of damage the kills usually follow.

[ARGSY]
Members
16,327 posts
11,187 battles

This is why I got the Salem for coal and am not going to bother with the Des Moines.

• Cool 1

[VETSN]
Members
1,178 posts
7,922 battles
2 hours ago, 07Beast109 said:

DM is misplayed by most players, including myself.  Most have a tendency to camp behind and island and pick off targets using radar, but her armor, fire rate and speed point towards a more aggressive play style.  Get out from behind islands and you can out DPM most ships in the game.  Use the armor and angle, while you melt other cruisers and BB’s.  I took off radar and as an open water ship i had two 160k dmg + games and averaged 4 kills.  I was indeed playing it completely wrong.

[CVA16]
Members
4,406 posts
13,712 battles
48 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Your team winning or losing has no effect on credits just XP

Hmm, always thought they were tied together. Have to look closer next time I play

[O7]
Members
711 posts
17,825 battles
2 hours ago, 07Beast109 said:

The WOWS economy is pathetic.  Making credits is far too easy, even at tier 10.  Many of us have over 500 million credits.  How to make money:

1)Play well, do damage, win games

2) Have a prem account.  ($15/month)  If you can't afford this then you should probably not be playing video games

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1