Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Finally finished the French Symbols - Phew that's a lot of games.

30 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles

Just finished up my last ship for the symbols. 

• Qualifying Ships = 187
  • Games Played/Record = 187-0 (100% Co-op)
  • Days Required = 8
  • Coal earned = 21,010 (includes my clan bonus)
  • Tokens Earned = 1565

Tooke me longer than usual to finish up. Haven't been feeling well the last few days so only a handful of games each. But got it done.

Have NO clue what I will do with the tokens? Don't care about French DD's but might get the bundles if the stuff is good. Need to check it out now. Don't even know if I have enough yet to do the bundles which shows how much I care LOL? Just farmed what I could,

How have you all done?

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

but might get the bundles if the stuff is good.

They've got a handful of those rare, high-XP Asian-themed one-shot camos, so that might be worth it for you if you're never going to spend them on French DD permacamos. Surely better than just letting them go to credits.

[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They've got a handful of those rare, high-XP Asian-themed one-shot camos, so that might be worth it for you if you're never going to spend them on French DD permacamos. Surely better than just letting them go to credits.

I just went and looked and ended up getting the 4 bundles. Those had some really good stuff. I am not doing any of the 1K doubloon bundles though.

I also have the missions for the T5/T6/T7 and Bayard. I think those drop 250 Tokens each? I am sure I will finish Bayard as it is fun but not sure I will the DD's? NO real need for more tokens. Have 165 left after the 4 bundles. If I did all 4 missions that is enough to get the perma's for the 3 DD's I have. I don't sell ships anymore so if I ever needed to play them again I would have the camo. I just don't want to play those awful things to finish the missions (Bayard is fun but the 3 DD = yuck).

• Funny 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,418 battles

Finished mine Sunday or Monday. Yesterday I bought 3 tier 8 CVs, 2 USSR DDs and 1 USSR BB to get 60 more tokens.

Got 750 more tokens by finishing 3 French DD mission. 

[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Finished mine Sunday or Monday. Yesterday I bought 3 tier 8 CVs, 2 USSR DDs and 1 USSR BB to get 60 more tokens.

I picked up Audacious as it was the last tech tree T10, currently, I didn't have. Haven't bought any others. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,029 posts
8,535 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• Qualifying Ships = 187

:Smile_ohmy:, That's a lot of ships.

I have around 80 qualifying ships and I am about halfway through them. I am going at a leisurely pace from top to bottom.  If I miss any they will be coal earners. I should earn about 500 tokens.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
48 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Or was that tech-tree "purchases"? :Smile_coin:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Funny 2

[RCNW3]
Members
1,921 posts
19,012 battles

Out of my 148 ships, have 53 tier 7 or above to token out yet.  About 60 left below tier 7 to get the coal out of.  Since no big incentive to finish early, taking my time doing a few a day.  Has given me an opportunity to play some of my Port Queens for the first time in awhile.  Will use tokens on the bundles, not sure if any of the French tier 5-8 DDs will really be a keeper, so don’t need the perm camo.

I may not buy any of the 30 extra bundles.  A 3.33% chance of getting a Mog initially is pretty poor odds.  And the bundles themselves, like the credits and flags only value out to 1mill credits, I can convert 1,000 doubloons to 1.5 million credits, so the bundle itself is only worth two/thirds of the doubloon value.  You could have to buy all 30 bundles to get a tier 9 tech tree ship, so $115 investment (or so), so not worth it to me.  

Edited by Panzer1113

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
57 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I just went and looked and ended up getting the 4 bundles. Those had some really good stuff. I am not doing any of the 1K doubloon bundles though.

I also have the missions for the T5/T6/T7 and Bayard. I think those drop 250 Tokens each? I am sure I will finish Bayard as it is fun but not sure I will the DD's? NO real need for more tokens. Have 165 left after the 4 bundles. If I did all 4 missions that is enough to get the perma's for the 3 DD's I have. I don't sell ships anymore so if I ever needed to play them again I would have the camo. I just don't want to play those awful things to finish the missions (Bayard is fun but the 3 DD = yuck).

1.  Yes.  250 tokens after a short 15k experience grind once you get them.

2.  Admiral, the Jaguar does, indeed, suck.  Once you get access to the Main Battery Reload Booster (tier 6), they play like saucy little cruisers!  They are destroyer hunter/killers.  Very good gunboats.  They also have excellent AP (especially at tier 8) and will make a broadsiding cruiser rethink some life choices.  :cap_like:

You are a pretty darned good player, I would recommend giving the line a closer look.  I'm a knife fighter in my destroyers and first learned to play them without using their smoke.  Once I got comfortable with a more relaxed playstyle, I started using the smoke for early damage farming.  Of paramount importance is knowing your exit strategy before you enter an area.  If things get too hot, just pull a Snagglepuss and "Exit Stage Left".  :cap_haloween:

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
180 posts
11,797 battles

200 ships qualified and done.   27,000 coal and 1,260 symbols.  Much of that in co-op (wins/hour a big plus, when you have a lot to do).

Found an interesting bug, when I did the last one.  Had set up the port's ship screen with the 'symbols' filter selected, to show only the ships that still had symbols to collect.  One showing, everything copacetic.  Did that one, and came back to find

1. no selectable ships (none still having symbols to collect) and 
  2.  that the filter area no longer showed the control to select/deselect ships needing symbols, so I couldn't select any ships for further battles :(

Had to close the client, select 'clean mode' and then the filter showed the select/deselect control for ships needing symbols.  Clicked that to deselect the symbol filter, and then all my ships showed up. :)

Buying a few USSR BBs so a couple more symbol-ships to add to the mix.  Will deselect the port filter before that, though. ;)

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,457 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

1K doubloon bundles though.

Yeah 30 chances is way too much for so little reward,  maybe 10 would actually get more people to try. Still running through my ships, started at the top and I am not even to the coal yet.

[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
32 minutes ago, joel9507 said:

200 ships qualified and done.   27,000 coal and 1,260 symbols.  Much of that in co-op (wins/hour a big plus, when you have a lot to do).

Found an interesting bug, when I did the last one.  Had set up the port's ship screen with the 'symbols' filter selected, to show only the ships that still had symbols to collect.  One showing, everything copacetic.  Did that one, and came back to find

1. no selectable ships (none still having symbols to collect) and 
  2.  that the filter area no longer showed the control to select/deselect ships needing symbols, so I couldn't select any ships for further battles :(

Had to close the client, select 'clean mode' and then the filter showed the select/deselect control for ships needing symbols.  Clicked that to deselect the symbol filter, and then all my ships showed up. :)

Buying a few USSR BBs so a couple more symbol-ships to add to the mix.  Will deselect the port filter before that, though. ;)

I saw that too but what it was doing to me anyway was bringing me to the spot in the tree for the selected ship after the game as it no longer had a symbol. If I scrolled back all the way left it would show the ships with symbols. Was kind of a pain.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
11,788 posts
24,417 battles
36 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

1.  Yes.  250 tokens after a short 15k experience grind once you get them.

2.  Admiral, the Jaguar does, indeed, suck.  Once you get access to the Main Battery Reload Booster (tier 6), they play like saucy little cruisers!  They are destroyer hunter/killers.  Very good gunboats.  They also have excellent AP (especially at tier 8) and will make a broadsiding cruiser rethink some life choices.  :cap_like:

You are a pretty darned good player, I would recommend giving the line a closer look.  I'm a knife fighter in my destroyers and first learned to play them without using their smoke.  Once I got comfortable with a more relaxed playstyle, I started using the smoke for early damage farming.  Of paramount importance is knowing your exit strategy before you enter an area.  If things get too hot, just pull a Snagglepuss and "Exit Stage Left".  :cap_haloween:

I just don't care for the playstyle and if I want to play Cruiser like play I will take a Cruiser with better armor, guns, AA, etc... These things just suck.

[PVE]
Members
1,441 posts
39,239 battles

Nice AT.. I only got 770 tokens which is still good. 10k more coal and 300 doubloons.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,476 posts
24,657 battles

198 ships and games played.

1335 Republic tokens earned

24100 Coal mined. not including Clan Bonus, no clue how to figure that out.

I'll probably get the 4 bundles, I have a jaguar mission just now so 250 tokens from that will give me enough for the 4th bundle. I'll think about the 1000 dubs one. I don't fancy the perma camos as I really only get them for t9s and t10s, but we'll see.

Edited by Efros

[WOLF9]
Members
4,462 posts

I still have a loonnngggg way to go, lol.    This includes many ships I've not played before, and that aren;t set up yet.  (CV's, RU BB's, a bunch of premium DD's. oddballs I've won etc)  I'll just run those stock with whatever captain they came with.

Lately, I've only been able to stomach a few games at a time of the mess that co-op has become- that's why it's taking me so long.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
28 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Lately, I've only been able to stomach a few games at a time of the mess that co-op has become- that's why it's taking me so long.

Well, we do have some of the "upper crust" slumming in co-op right now for some strange reason.  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,001 posts
14,281 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Well, we do have some of the "upper crust" slumming in co-op right now for some strange reason.

I saw one of those the other day. We know each other so I gave him a shout-out. He promptly said "You didn't see me and I wasn't here." :Smile_trollface:

I also saw my fair share of high-level YouTubers and CC's in co-op at Christmas time. It at least proves they are pragmatists. If I had to do it in Randoms while picking the best ships for particular directives, I'm not sure I'd ever get all the snowflakes off.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I saw one of those the other day. We know each other so I gave him a shout-out. He promptly said "You didn't see me and I wasn't here." :Smile_trollface:

I also saw my fair share of high-level YouTubers and CC's in co-op at Christmas time. It at least proves they are pragmatists. If I had to do it in Randoms while picking the best ships for particular directives, I'm not sure I'd ever get all the snowflakes off.

I tend to imagine PvP mains all talking with a poncy British accent and drinking tea all over the place.  :Smile_trollface:

I'm surprised that more of them aren't pragmatic on a daily basis.  The daily missions are much easier when you don't have to rely on anyone else to get a win.

[PTRGT]
Members
393 posts
45,945 battles

Finished mine on Sunday. I only had 109 ships so I only got enough doubloons for 3 of the 4 Legion of Honor and I so far have not received any of the early release DD missions

[WOLF9]
Members
4,462 posts

I woke up ridiculously early this morning again, so of course I logged on and played some games, lol.   (what else was I gonna do?)    To my surprise, I pulled off the best game I EVAR had in Martel, and wrecked some serious face in Edinburgh, too.  

In the former, the bots did me a solid- and shot at someone else for a change, lol.   Even after I landed some serious blows on Alabama, and lit him on fire in two places, he kept shooting at a BB in the back.  So I just stayed there- in the cap- hammering away at him. (Killed the DD trying to take it, and now these points were MINE!)   He charged my way, but never shot at me- so I ducked behind a mountain, and launched torps around the corner into his path.   Aaand he ran right into them!  Kill #2.   Then I chased down the Midway, and beat on him for a while- earning several citadels- until someone from over yonder dropped him.

In the latter, I managed one of my best devastating strikes of all time. (or at least the funniest)  Had a Myoko charging down the gap on 2 Brothers, following a DD , and going after ours. (a bot)  Red DD kills ours, then comes at me.   So, the CO behind me and myself pummelled it into submission- my secondaries delivered the death blow.   I them pop hydro, to check on Myoko's progress through the smoke soup.    He's nearly on us.   So I launch a spread of torps just past the edge of the one island, turn broadside; switch to guns, and let er rip as soon as he clears land.   The torps and AP reach him simultaneously, lol.  He eat 5 citadels and 2 torps, and explodes instantly!   Wasn't expecting that result, lol.     The red Atago then comes charging in from the east, and I head out to meet him.  (can't have him stealing our cap or torpedoeing my Co buddy can I?)    Chewed a bunch of health off of him- then ran into his torps.  (I got greedy, lol.  I knew they'd be coming, but kept hammering him with guns anyway)   He killed me- but not before I got my own torpedoes off, which he ate, lol.   This match was like a slapstick comedy, but it sure was fun!   I might actually enjoy Eddy.  (first game ever in it- no upgrades and a 0 point captain.  It was a freebie from somewhere)

Also had some fun in DD's- I played exactly the way everyone else does: simply threw my ship at the enemy team, and did whatever damage I could before being blown up.    Le Terrible actually did pretty well for itself, beating up and torping a cruiser- would have done more, but we ran out of bots to shoot at...  Aigle did darn good- that DD is a nasty little beast!   Had a hell of a free for all brawl over a cap with an allied DD and at least half the bot team.   We both died, but so did many of the bots- and the others got mauled pretty good!   Blys was a no show...

For good measure, I took out New Mexico with captain Dasha and smashed 2 cruisers and the red New Mex.  Seriously, that ship was on FIRE that match, lol.  (I suspect they've been cross training with the gun crew of my Arizona again)  It was just heavy blow after citadel after heavy blow.   Ahh the things you can do with a US BB played aggressively!

Still have plenty of work to do, but that's what happens when you have a TON of premiums and 207 ships in port.

[WOLF3]
Members
26,992 posts
23,790 battles

I stopped playing for now.  Events have gotten more grindy, a lot more stupid of late.  I no longer have the drive to keep playing it.  Looking at news about the upcoming NTC, it looks to be getting a lot worse.  So just not dealing with it and... I feel fine.

I still have ships to claim more tokens and even more to get coal.  I don't care.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts

Yeah, the grind level has just been cranked so far up at this point that Rogue Wave wasn't worth it, and this current French grind barely is. 

The only thing I have left to clear "flakes" from is my row of ARP Kongo-clones... and I find those so tedious to play that it might not be worth the coal to do it. 

NTC/RB/whatever isn't a bridge too far on grind, it's an entire transportation system too far.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,476 posts
24,657 battles

At least the French Flakes are a grind involving different ships, it's the ones that want you to play the same ship/class for 20 games in a row that drive me up the wall.

[FU8AR]
Members
27 posts
18,683 battles

Has anyone else lost the ability to exchange the french tokens for premium time? wth? None of my regular destroyer containers had a mission but I got the T5 and T7 when I foolishly purchased prem containers. Another ripoff from WG. These tokens are only good for garbage camo  now.

Sign in to follow this