Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Sync Dropping Even In low Tier

74 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,776 battles

Well I guess you cant fault  this clan for not trying to get in some game play practise for clan battles

shot-19_07.31_21_53.35-0569.thumb.jpg.32589bd3353860fb28a576bdc040ff59.jpg

Sadly they ran into my Nikcolai which I had not played in several months and I'm not the greatest player still it was fun.

shot-19_07.31_22_05.49-0052.thumb.jpg.13283d8916ce17e047738861e3c8c336.jpg

With that many of this clan against us thought we were toast.

Edited by tm63au

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

There is nothing wrong with sync dropping unless they end up on opposing team and one or the other intentionally throw the battle to their clan mates favor.

Great win!

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,776 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

There is nothing wrong with sync dropping unless they end up on opposing team and one or the other intentionally throw the battle to their clan mates favor.

Great win!

True I would have to agree with you there, throwing the game would be bad, when the team screen came up I thought hell this was going to be brutal and it was but RNG was in our favour next time it might not be. :Smile_honoring:  

• Cool 1

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,833 battles

OK, time for me to ask the (apparently) stupid question.  What, exactly, is "sync dropping".  I've seen the term many times, and apparently everyone but me knows what it means.  Could some one enlighten me?

As for the game...nice win!

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,582 posts
8,569 battles
Just now, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

OK, time for me to ask the (apparently) stupid question.  What, exactly, is "sync dropping".  I've seen the term many times, and apparently everyone but me knows what it means.  Could some one enlighten me?

Because you can only div 3, Clans (mostly clans, any group communicating together can do it) will hit the battle button at the  same time, hopefully to get in the same game.

If you are on the same team, you end up with a larger div.

If you are on different teams, you can kill your clan mates for bragging rights.

That is how it should work.

Some groups could work together to sabotage one team, which is against the rules.

• Cool 3

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,833 battles

So...it doesn't guarantee you'll end up in the same game, but it increases the probability.  Seems...ok...but way too much trouble for what little benefit you might (or might not) get.  But I'm sure SOME ONE can figure out a way to abuse it.

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,776 battles
15 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

AS @DrHolmes52 has said what makes it even tougher is if they have team speak or discord this give there team a huge advantage because they are coordinating not 3 players but possible many more, this leads to possible wipe out matches.

Then again it could be the reverse, these days with the way the game is it could end up being a complete disaster or had no effect in the outcome of the battle for a Clan to sync drop onto 1 team but that's rare, which happened in my game.

most times if you get 4 to 5 clan or group players your usually in deep trouble.      

Edited by tm63au

[ARGSY]
Members
20,078 posts
14,317 battles
14 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If you are on different teams, you can kill your clan mates for bragging rights.

You're practically obliged to at least try, if only to make a show of not colluding.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,441 battles

@Midshipman_Hornblower Sync dropping is where friends or clan members get together, ready for battle and one counts down and all press the battle button at the same time. In the example above 2 divisions of the same clan were placed on the same team. They could have just as easily been placed on opposite teams or more likely in different battles. 

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I used to get nervous seeing a a bunch of the same clan on a team  Just remember, while there is a benefit to that, there is a downside:  they might not be very good and just loaded all their bad players on the same team :)  Not saying thats what happened above but I have seen some terrrible players sync drop and just ruin the game for their side.

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,365 battles

Very classless to sync drop, even more so at low tiers.

I must say the quality of games and players have seriously drop down as of late. 

I cannot even bring mysel to play pvp random anymore. most of my match have been pve because of toxic players and just very bad play.

Edit: and the changes WG make have see alot of good nice player not around anymore. 

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 5

[WOLFG]
Members
9,582 posts
8,569 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're practically obliged to at least try, if only to make a show of not colluding.

Yes, but with the way @tm63au broke out the whipping stick as an example, it might be pretty hard to tell sometimes.

• Cool 1

[LOSC]
Members
579 posts

As stated above you do a count down using TeamSpeak or ect. Not many Spartans are here in Ships but in Tanks we would snyc drop and would dominate a game if all were on the same side, which was rare to be on the same side.

When 6 to 8 team members are on the same side there is no reason for the other side to win. Our group has mostly mature players so we did not grief other players but our coordinated attacks were devastating. 

• Cool 1

Members
12 posts
4,756 battles
8 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Very classless to sync drop, even more so at low tiers.

Why? Low tiers can be a lot of fun.

We do it anytime we have enough people on. It’s fun to end up on the same team and try and have a coordinated push. 

And if you end up on the opposite  team it’s equally as fun to end up opposite your clan and taunt/talk trash as you try to frag each other. 

I will agree that it’s classless if people collude/throw games , but I’ve yet to come across someone blatantly doing that. 

Edited by spasticus5
  • Cool 2

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,365 battles
5 minutes ago, spasticus5 said:

Why? Low tiers can be a lot of fun.

We do it anytime we have enough people on. It’s fun to end up on the same team and try and have a coordinated push. 

And if you end up on the opposite  team it’s equally as fun to end up opposite your clan and taunt/talk trash as you try to frag each other. 

I will agree that it’s classless if people collude/throw games , but I’ve yet to come across someone blatantly doing that. 

Is fun for you clan maybe, but there are maybe 15 other people in this match. Why is you fun more important then their fun  

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,776 battles
10 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yes, but with the way @tm63au broke out the whipping stick as an example, it might be pretty hard to tell sometimes.

I and our team were lucky that game my next 2 ships I played were Okhotnik then Krispy Kremme  had it been either of those ships the only whip that would of happened would possible have been our team feeling it, the poor clan guys just had the bad luck of Sync dropping into the game against my NIk :Smile_teethhappy: and a really good team that worked well, the battle swung back and forth but the NIK is just remorseless.

Sync dropping is fine line that's why clan battles were invented I guess.

cheers

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
28 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Is fun for you clan maybe, but there are maybe 15 other people in this match. Why is you fun more important then their fun  

Aren't you always having fun at the expense of others in this game?  If I play randoms with a 3-player division from my clan, we're generally going to win 80% of our games or so.  Should I feel bad about that, is that unfair to everyone else?  I would argue that it is unfair but it's also not  my problem.

Now suppose we organize two divisions and sync drop.  When it works my odds of winning are now probably something like 90% if we get on the same team or 50% if we get on opposite teams.  Have I crossed some sort of imaginary line of fairness now that I didn't already cross with my single division?  I'm not sure how. 

Also you'll note that if my win rate estimates here are accurate, I'm going to get LESS wins sync dropping.  Probably why the good clans don't do it all that often.

• Cool 1

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,365 battles
6 minutes ago, spasticus5 said:

@LadyAnesjka Please tell me how we take away their fun by playing the game as long as we are not colluding to throw games?

Because you in basic terms trying to stack a team full of player that have voice communication advantage over group of random stranger.  Even group of average player will make this a mod stomp. 1 side match That is not fun.

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,330 battles

The clan in the screen shot has 9 members, all but 3 have under 200 games - those 3 have 1750, 1350 and 460 games a piece.   Perhaps they were sync dropping because they are new to the game and just trying to have some fun while teaching new players the ropes.  You know, GROW THE GAME POPULATION.

All these people virtue signaling about this need to take a deep breath and remember back to when they were noobs that sucked at this game.  Sync dropping with a bunch of guys you knew would have made the growing pains easier and improved the odds of people staying past 3 months.

EDIT:  For the record, I don't like to sync drop because more than 50% of the time, people end up facing each other, meaning someone will be the loser.  I get it for a fun thing to do for new peeps, but personally it's not for me.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,582 posts
8,569 battles
6 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

The clan in the screen shot has 9 members, all but 3 have under 200 games - those 3 have 1750, 1350 and 460 games a piece.   Perhaps they were sync dropping because they are new to the game and just trying to have some fun while teaching new players the ropes.  You know, GROW THE GAME POPULATION.

All these people virtue signaling about this need to take a deep breath and remember back to when they were noobs that sucked at this game.  Sync dropping with a bunch of guys you knew would have made the growing pains easier and improved the odds of people staying past 3 months.

So @tm63au has more games than their entire clan? :Smile_hiding:

There is a training exercise that went bad.

+1 Biggie for some context.

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Funny 1

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,365 battles

Sure, if is all new player ( or who knows bot farm ? ) then sync drop whatever.

But if is long established clan doing low tier sync drop for seal club, what argument is there for that ? 

None.

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,365 battles
13 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Aren't you always having fun at the expense of others in this game?  If I play randoms with a 3-player division from my clan, we're generally going to win 80% of our games or so.  Should I feel bad about that, is that unfair to everyone else?  I would argue that it is unfair but it's also not  my problem.

Now suppose we organize two divisions and sync drop.  When it works my odds of winning are now probably something like 90% if we get on the same team or 50% if we get on opposite teams.  Have I crossed some sort of imaginary line of fairness now that I didn't already cross with my single division?  I'm not sure how. 

Also you'll note that if my win rate estimates here are accurate, I'm going to get LESS wins sync dropping.  Probably why the good clans don't do it all that often.

There are VERY few clan who can say this.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
6 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

There are VERY few clan who can say this.

Okay, so what?  is sync dropping okay for good players but not for bad players, or the other way around?  That doesn't really make sense.

Somewhere I used to have a screenshot of a notoriously bad clan that managed to sync drop 3 full divisions - that's 9 players - on to one team.  They lost, and they took the bottom 9 spots in the xp standings.  Like I said, you don't see the top clans sync dropping very much because they know in the long run it's going to harm more than it hurts.  Mostly you see average or worse clans sync dropping and then the overall effect on the balance of the match is reduced.  But again - why does it matter?  Everything you do to improve yourself or your ship or your team upsets the balance and makes it more likely the players on the other team are going to have a bad time.  It's not your problem.

Sign in to follow this