Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Facing the bot CV alone at the end in your CV = WTH???

21 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles

Just finishing up knocking symbols off this morning and only have my CV's left. The game below was in Hakuryu. Just me and a Hindenburg (who sadly got ganged up on by the bots and sunk early) and the rest were bots. Reds had an Audacious. As is typical the game went pretty fast being mostly bots. I think I only had 57k damage when the you are our last hope message played LOL. Seemed every time I would set up an attack run a friendly would get in the way or ram the target. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy: The Hindi player stayed around all game and we had many chat laughs about stuff including this.

So at the end it was CV vs CV. Surprisingly, and way out of the norm in these cases, we had 2 caps, they had none, and we were winning on points. I wasn't worried about losing or anything and was ready to take on the CV, kill it, and get the win. Holy crap on a cracker are those bot CV's HARD to attack. The AA is insane (they sure got through mine ok though! :Smile_sceptic:) and my lord that Audacious, with a GK like turning radius and slow rudder was dodging better than a DD. I lost 59 planes to do 37k damage to it. :cap_rambo:

So the lesson here is if you end up 1v1 in your CV vs the enemy one be prepared to lose a LOT of planes and have a hard time (can't even imagine if you are a lower tier). It is insane how that thing was dodging and how bad the AA was (for me). Had we not been up on points and I "had" to kill it I am not sure I could have in time and/or before running out of planes?

Also, I noticed EVERY time it sent a squad out it dropped a fighter somewhere. WTH is up with that? They are limited consumables but it had them EVERY time!

OY! :Smile_veryhappy:

659 BXP even though no kills is pretty good and I had some flags on so a good payout. JUst felt like suicide going after it the AA is so strong. I would have killed for some HE bombs vs the AP ones too for that fight.

xTU5dQJ.jpg

TeBSZS6.jpg

4oPSRwl.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
220 posts
6,578 battles

Just remove the CV's from Co-op at least till the BOT CV's work properly.

All they do is send planes out to get either shot down or spot, ive played many games now on DD for a BOT CV just enough the crap outta me by flying planes around me, and then every time he sends new planes up they come straight for me, question is no matter where on map I am they know EXACTLLY where I am.....and then once again keep spotting with bombers or rocket planes - they dont do anything

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
14,983 battles

@AdmiralThunder

It's not as straight forward as it used to be (pre-rework), but it also appears that you forgot something crucial (only going off of what you've stated mind you), sector management.  While Audacious planes have the HP to tank through your sector'ed AA to you, you would have shot down a fair amount before they could attack and effectively de-planed her.

As for attacking them:  You only attack them once.  Trying to line up a 2nd attack will only get your planes shot down by her fighters.  Have full boost, begin boost and boost all they way through the attack.  Spam that F key once ords away.  Launch another squadron.  Rinse, repeat.  You'll still lose birds, but nowhere as bad as if you tried to push for a 2nd attack.

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
21 minutes ago, Volron said:

@AdmiralThunder

It's not as straight forward as it used to be (pre-rework), but it also appears that you forgot something crucial (only going off of what you've stated mind you), sector management.  While Audacious planes have the HP to tank through your sector'ed AA to you, you would have shot down a fair amount before they could attack and effectively de-planed her.

As for attacking them:  You only attack them once.  Trying to line up a 2nd attack will only get your planes shot down by her fighters.  Have full boost, begin boost and boost all they way through the attack.  Spam that F key once ords away.  Launch another squadron.  Rinse, repeat.  You'll still lose birds, but nowhere as bad as if you tried to push for a 2nd attack.

Got to admit I never bothered with (or thought about) AA sector on the CV. Was too busy trying to keep MY planes alive LOL and it seemed like we were attacking each other at the same time so I wasn't in CV to set the sector when being attacked unless I cancelled mine. I did try ad drop a fighter in the attacking plane's path but I eventually ran out (the bot never did though :Smile_sceptic:). Good point on why the bots planes got through more than mine.  :Smile_great:

I was using F out unless I had a squad that made it through the 1st run in good shape and then a few times I tried for a 2nd (maybe 50% successful). I also was doing the pre drop so some planes made it back.     

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
1 hour ago, Feclez said:

All they do is send planes out to get either shot down or spot, ive played many games now on DD for a BOT CV just enough the crap outta me by flying planes around me, and then every time he sends new planes up they come straight for me, question is no matter where on map I am they know EXACTLLY where I am.....and then once again keep spotting with bombers or rocket planes - they dont do anything

I have no issue with the CV being back for Co-op. Don't mind. I was just amazed at how strong the  bot CV's AA was and how it defied game mechanics as far as dodging like I have never seen before. :Smile_ohmy:

The bots (all ship types) have always known where you are in Co-op even when undetected. This is not new. It's one of their known "cheats" that helps them be at least somewhat competitive.

I do agree the planes don't seem to attack much; just fly around. Torp planes always seem to drop but usually the bombers and rocket planes don't (have been dropped by both types but not often). It's weird.

The old RTS style bot CV's were much more effective than these new ones. Those CV's could take you out if you weren't paying attention. The new ones are pretty weak in their attacks.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
1 hour ago, Feclez said:

I'd rather have them back and dodgy than not back at all. It's an extra high-tier battleship I don't have to fight, it lets me do plane-kill tasks in co-op, and if I'm the only human (or the only one left alive) on an all-bot team that can make all the difference between winning and losing.

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
14,983 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Got to admit I never bothered with (or thought about) AA sector on the CV. Was too busy trying to keep MY planes alive LOL and it seemed like we were attacking each other at the same time so I wasn't in CV to set the sector when being attacked unless I cancelled mine. I did try ad drop a fighter in the attacking plane's path but I eventually ran out (the bot never did though :Smile_sceptic:). Good point on why the bots planes got through more than mine.  :Smile_great:

I was using F out unless I had a squad that made it through the 1st run in good shape and then a few times I tried for a 2nd (maybe 50% successful). I also was doing the pre drop so some planes made it back.    

Setting sectors make a big difference.  I myself generally don't set sectors till a bit later.  As the battle unfolds, I'll have an idea of where I want to go, how I want to get there, and where to set my sector. :Smile_great:

As for how bot CV's work:  They are definitely in a "funny' state right now.   Sometimes they attack, other times they don't, while other times their planes will go ultra-spazzy over a target and feed it planes.  Time and time again, I would see the bot CV planes in RR just kind of....bugger off, or feed me planes if I happen to be their target.  Raptor's DB's kept glitch/spazzing in her, and wouldn't launch a lot. :Smile_hiding:    However, when they seem to work properly (which was ultra rare), they would do some work.  Either way, definitely WiP. :Smile_veryhappy:

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
5 minutes ago, Volron said:

Setting sectors make a big difference.  I myself generally don't set sectors till a bit later.  As the battle unfolds, I'll have an idea of where I want to go, how I want to get there, and where to set my sector. :Smile_great:

As for how bot CV's work:  They are definitely in a "funny' state right now.   Sometimes they attack, other times they don't, while other times their planes will go ultra-spazzy over a target and feed it planes.  Time and time again, I would see the bot CV planes in RR just kind of....bugger off, or feed me planes if I happen to be their target.  Raptor's DB's kept glitch/spazzing in her, and wouldn't launch a lot. :Smile_hiding:    However, when they seem to work properly (which was ultra rare), they would do some work.  Either way, definitely WiP. :Smile_veryhappy:

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF5]
Members
1,075 posts
8,912 battles

I am surprised as to how few bot CVs I am seeing these days. When I do I have rarely been a target and, if so, seemingly only once. Amazing I actually shot down 4 when in the Konig Albert. I figured that was not bad for a couple 9 mm Lugers...

I have tried out AA effectiveness in Training Rooms and found that most AA-capable BBs and CAs (Montana, Missouri, Iowa, Alabama, Salem) were virtually immune to attack from same tier bot CV.

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
6 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I am surprised as to how few bot CVs I am seeing these days. When I do I have rarely been a target and, if so, seemingly only once. Amazing I actually shot down 4 when in the Konig Albert. I figured that was not bad for a couple 9 mm Lugers...

I have tried out AA effectiveness in Training Rooms and found that most AA-capable BBs and CAs (Montana, Missouri, Iowa, Alabama, Salem) were virtually immune to attack from same tier bot CV.

Hard to get a CV right now unless someone brings one so there is a match. So many people doing the symbol thing that it is hard to get one as most teams are all human. However, I have played in some off hours and a bot CV on the green team, when it isn't all humans, is quite common as it used to be. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,075 posts
8,912 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Hard to get a CV right now unless someone brings one so there is a match. So many people doing the symbol thing that it is hard to get one as most teams are all human. However, I have played in some off hours and a bot CV on the green team, when it isn't all humans, is quite common as it used to be. 

Agreed as I cannot readily recall when two bot CVs have been matched up, quite unlike the pre-rework battles....I have not kept any specific stats, but suggest that I am seeing a CV in perhaps one out of ten battles recently. This may well be due to the "French Flakes" event....laughing as to how many Tachibanas, Smiths, and Emdens I am seeing these days....

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I had a bot vs. bot CV game last night.

It came down to a red Ranger vs me (Bayern), and a Ryujo.

They ignored each other till the end, then as I was 24knting towards the Ranger, the Ryujo just kept feeding planes to the Ranger.  With almost no attacks.

[PVE]
Members
1,443 posts
39,314 battles

Bot planes need a buff {after the event} I now can get plane kills with the Shinonome.

[PVE]
Members
1,031 posts
8,572 battles

I don't know about buffing bot planes, they wrecked my fubiki last night. I had evaded a Cleveland and was setting up a run on a BB when I got nailed from 75% down to 5% and 4 fires by one attack squad.

[CGP]
Members
12 posts
12,246 battles

Co-op T10 game with my Enterprise.  Came down to bot Des Moines (1/3 health) and my Enterprise against the bot Enterprise.  My full squad of DB’s could not get a strike off before being obliterated.  With full squads of Rocket planes and TB’s, I was able to get one strike off each, but lost all the planes. Head to Head against a CV is most likely going to end in a draw unless you can get cap control.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
661 posts
6,278 battles

Decided to take my Harekaze out for a spin.  Saw there was a bot CV.  [edited].  So, I decided to just yolo suicide torpedo dive an Iowa.  Because of course the bot CV knew where I was from the start.  AA and secondaries were off from the start, but the planes made a beeline straight for me. 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,842 battles
4 hours ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Decided to take my Harekaze out for a spin.  Saw there was a bot CV.  [edited].  So, I decided to just yolo suicide torpedo dive an Iowa.  Because of course the bot CV knew where I was from the start.  AA and secondaries were off from the start, but the planes made a beeline straight for me. 

Bot CVs are horrible, they can barely do anything to a player DD that's still breathing while playing this game.  I'm there playing larger, clumsier ships in training room tests against 3 Tier X Bot CVs and they struggled to make hits on such large ships.  THREE TIER X BOT CVS STRUGGLED TO HIT A SINGLE TARGET.

Any sort of maneuvering by the surface ships make the bot squadrons have to turn and adjust the aim.  The way squadrons work is that for the drop patterns to narrow, the planes need to fly steady for a while.  If they don't, the drop pattern remains stupidly wide and they hardly do anything as a result.  A player CV knows how to do this, but the bots being bots, they don't.  This is why you see the bot CVs for example, drop their torpedoes and you see the torps fly in an outwards "V" formation as it shows the squadron never went "steady" to narrow the drop pattern.

People are here in Co-op laughing about bot CVs, yet here you are, acting like your game is over the moment you saw a bot CV.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts

I was dead set against bot CVs coming back to Co-op.  Like angry, about to quit the game, against. 

Even I have to admit that they're just not a threat right now if you don't just completely forget they're there, especially with the broken AA system cranked up to "eviscerate" levels of damage at tier 8+. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[-BUI-]
Members
2,027 posts
5,690 battles

I've yet to see a co-op CV actually do any damage to anyone.    EVERY time its tried to attack me, its lost all its planes before it completed a strike, I've yet to see it actually successfully attack someone.    

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles
55 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I've yet to see a co-op CV actually do any damage to anyone.    EVERY time its tried to attack me, its lost all its planes before it completed a strike, I've yet to see it actually successfully attack someone.    

I took a torp from one in a game. My BB just couldn't turn fast enough and the planes made it through he AA. Had a game in Emerald where it was just me and the bot CV vs 3 BB as I recall. The friendly did do some damage in the game to help and the red one took out at least 1 of our BB's I saw. Have had a lot of misses though. 

While we all would like it to be a bit more competitive so to speak with these bot CV's the way WG balances things if they try and fix it we will end up with Skynet at the controls. I will take Gumby over Skynet.

Sign in to follow this