You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Trivia Tuesday - Jack Dunkirk vs. Isoroku Yamamoto

7 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

Dunk_Capn.png Jack Dunkirk                                             Yamamoto_Commander.png Yamamoto Isoroku

Which unique commander came first: the Royal Navy Jack Dunkirk or the Imperial Japanese Navy Yamamoto Isoroku?

Both are one-of-a-kind and "first" in some aspect. Dunkirk for being the first commander awarded by a collection and Yamamoto for being the first commander awarded by a campaign.

Bonus: What was the very first unique commander? Dunkirk? Yamamoto? Somebody else?

Note: Brainpower only! This means that you may not use a search engine.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Dunk_Capn.png Jack Dunkirk                                             Yamamoto_Commander.png Yamamoto Isoroku

Which unique commander came first: the Royal Navy Jack Dunkirk or the Imperial Japanese Navy Yamamoto Isoroku?

Both are one-of-a-kind and "first" in some aspect. Dunkirk for being the first commander awarded by a collection and Yamamoto for being the first commander awarded by a campaign.

Bonus: What was the very first unique commander? Dunkirk? Yamamoto? Somebody else?

Note: Brainpower only! This means that you may not use a search engine.

Yamamoto I believe

• Cool 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,474 battles

I’m going to say Yamamoto and bonus question I believe was Steven Segal (or however he spells his name). 

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
6 hours ago, pastore123 said:

I’m going to say Yamamoto and bonus question I believe was Steven Segal (or however he spells his name). 

You are correct.  Steven Seagal (aka: John Doe) was the first unique commander added to the game, in conjuction with USS Missouri:

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
960 posts
9,474 battles
8 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

You are correct.  Steven Seagal (aka: John Doe) was the first unique commander added to the game, in conjuction with USS Missouri:

I didn't realize he came out at the same time as the missouri

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
39 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

I didn't realize he came out at the same time as the missouri

He did. Missouri was the first FXP ship and I guess WG wanted that promoted.

9 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Do you want to take a guess at whether Dunkirk or Yamamoto came first?

[CAST]
Members
4,996 posts
3,513 battles

Yamamoto came before Dunkirk. John Doe (shhh, we're not allowed to say HIS name) was the original unique commander.