You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Is this game actually fun?

33 comments in this topic

Members
778 posts
2,755 battles

Played WoWs on and off since it was released on both NA and SEA, one of those games I play like a addict for a few weeks, get annoyed or lose interest, quit and delete it, then try again a few months later, repeat.

A friend at work played this game a lot, so much so he had to delete his account as his partner was threatening to dump him. Looking back he said he forgot why he actually played it, most of the time it was to grind stuff but only about 10% of the time he was having fun. I'm in a similar boat, so many games I quit out in frustration at either the bad teams, evil luck or just awful RNG. Today was a example, won the first 3 games, then lost 10 straight after, it happens but long losing streaks really get frustrating. Every now and then I'll having a great game where I'll bag a huge score and multiple kills, those games are great fun but they don't happen all the often.

Compared to other games I play like Boderlands, TF2, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars which are all fun and enjoyable, WoWS seems to be a hybrid mixture of fun, frustration. boredom and annoyance. Even after a good run where I might get 5 pr 6 wins in a row, I'll quit out and think 'was that enjoyable? I'm not really sure..'

Untitled.jpg

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,470 posts

Of course I think so. Why would I play it if it wasn't?

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

Yes it's fun. Until it isn't. Then you play something else until it either is fun again or it isn't. 

Play what you find fun and don't what isn't. It's not hard.

• Cool 6

[DTB]
Members
264 posts

Generally speaking I enjoy it. Get frustrated sometimes but that's the same with anything in life. I'll get bored with it eventually as, like other games, its rather static but for now its all good.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,330 posts
20,013 battles

Is it as fun as it used to be? no

But I still have a really good time playing competition team play but random and grinding not so much

[SIM]
Members
4,916 posts
7,991 battles

This is the most fun that I have with any game. Is it frustrating at times? It’s a competitive multiplayer game, so yes. But at the end of the day, if I had to pick one game to keep playing, it would be World of Warships.

[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles

It has its moments.

7 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Is it as fun as it used to be? no...

So much this.

My ‘fun’ because of my work schedule was 1-1-1 Bogue, trolling bots in Co-op. (700+ Co-ops in Bogue.)

Lots of teams with very few humans or all bots when I played. When those teams would fold, fighting Bogue versus four-plus bots was intensely fun; especially all the long odds wins. (always wondered how many left thinking ‘that poor Bogue,’ only to find the game in the win column later.)

My Bogue is gone now, therefore that fun is gone now...

...thank you 0.8.0.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 2

[KNCOL]
Members
784 posts
1,717 battles
16 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Yes it's fun. Until it isn't. Then you play something else until it either is fun again or it isn't. 

Play what you find fun and don't what isn't. It's not hard.

For some it seems to be

Edited by Koogus

Members
1,068 posts
11,640 battles

I'll tell you this, if this game didn't exist, I have no idea where I'd get my Assassin's Creed: Black Flag kicks.  Egypt?  Nah.  Greece?  Nope.

Skulls and Bones?  Probably (But no idea what the **** is taking so long for release).

[LOU1]
Members
4,157 posts
11,965 battles

For me it is often a different kind of fun, sort of the same way chess is.  The fun is in dealing with the challenge, besting your opponents, and getting out of sticky situations.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
13 minutes ago, Koogus said:

For some it seems to be

When you need to write an essay in a forum to figure out how you feel i have to agree.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,086 posts
4,071 battles

I have fun, so I play. If I don't feel like playing, or it's getting frustrating, then I don't play. It's simple. I play to relax and have fun. If that's not happening then I don't play.

That's part of the reason I don't get premium time. If I'm paying for premium I feel like I should use it. But some times I don't feel like playing for a week. Nothing lost on a standard account, but I'm essentially wasting money if I don't use my premium time. Premium ships are always there, so I get those instead.

Bottom line, don't get too invested in the game, that way you only play if you're having fun. You have a job (or school) that you have to do that stresses you out and isn't fun. You don't need the game to be doing that as well.

[36]
Members
452 posts
10,057 battles

I most often find the idea of this game more enjoyable than the execution.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,034 posts

WOWS is just like Golf!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

I HATE this game!!

GREAT SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this GAME!

I LOVE this GAME!

And so on..............................................................

Col Out

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles

Fun for me. The only game I play

Except for Powerball and MegaMillions when they get over 300 million. I'll buy a ticket till someone wins:Smile_veryhappy:

[M-B]
[M-B]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
11,178 battles

Clan Battles are for me, the randoms are starting to wear me down. The endless loss streaks due to poor poor plays by team mates makes me cringe. I'm not the best at what I do but I at least try, seems like most of my teammates don't. The Co-op to get rid of symbols has brought a bit of life back for me, but every time I hit random lately it's me doing my best and watching 4-5 people rush straight at a cluster of enemies one at a time. Scenarios are also my home away from Clan Battles, seems people in there do the best they can most times.

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

Fun??? WG nefed it...

When you find your fun, WG nerfs it.

Fun is reserved for the few. IF its not in the "WOWS Matrix" then it will be nerfed

• Cool 1

[0456]
Members
3,596 posts
9,506 battles

It’s fun if things are going your way- but if they always went your way it would be boring.

I’m enjoying it more now since I have much less invested. I don’t need to buy all the things since the game will gradually shift its stance over time making your favorite ship one minute the pickle in your [edited]the next. Nothing, no matter how certain is a sure thing. Nothing no matter how ridiculous is out of the question. 

The game brings some serene moments mixed with waking up halfway through math class in your underwear. There’s no explaining the different types of people involved in each match other than to say I wouldn’t be surprised to reach 10,000 games and have a television host tell me I was unknowingly being filmed in some twisted reality show called “People versus chimps: online gaming reinvented.”

No offense to any chimps if there are any reading. 

Is it fun? Probably. Just not as fun as it could be. 

Edited by _ENO_

Members
119 posts
5,077 battles

It's not fun, people are playing to chase after the fun experiences they felt in the past.  And because of the events, for fear of missing out. 

Not saying this fits everyone, but enough that the game would feel like a ghost town if these people quit. 

• Cool 1

[THEM]
Members
1,947 posts
9,073 battles

It was until changes to the game ruined it for me, never enjoyed it since and long ago quit.

Edited by Akeno017

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,861 posts
4,861 battles

Come to think of it, I haven't been back for a long time since the changes to carriers...I did got into the invitational round of testing and, well, it wasn't very fun, and it carries over to live, grinding two tiers' worth of EXP in tier 4 where you literally can't participate in anything is extremely tedious...so I took off and back to the home that is the skies...

[CAST]
Members
4,969 posts
3,513 battles

Close games are fun. Steamrolls are not.

Unfortunately, the latter is what we see most of the time these days.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,757 battles

In a word...yes.

Of course, a winning streak is more fun than a loosing streak, but (except when playing bots) remember that when you are winning some one else is loosing.  We aren't ALL loosing at the same time.  My fun is your frustration, and vice versa.