You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

17 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,616 posts
10,993 battles

"Teenage Yamato" :Smile_teethhappy:

Suddenly Yoshino seems more appealing than Georgia.

But when Yuro does another for the Massachussets semi-clone?

[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
12,247 battles

Gotta agree with him: Yoshino and her retarded sister exist only to make other CCs (large Cruisers) look better. 

Cannot agree more with the statement that they are Teenager Yamato that are struggling to discover the greatness of IJN AP overmatch and are embracing the HE spam. They have the bad things of IJN (no tools and poor armor layouts) without the good things (AP overmatch, amazing HE and accuracy (it's good but not enough for T9/10), the stealth and the torps as Yoshino torpedo options are... Poor to say at least). They fit the long range HE spam but if the meta ever change... Well they won't be able to do anything really and when WG sells them with the main selling point being: "Can pen 50mm with HE" when all the other CCs can and next patch (to Azuma) release BBs with 60mm armor it's just a joke. They are not horrible and to be honest I'm rather enjoying Yoshino (although I feel like she eat 30/40k salvos way more often than Azuma) but they really could use some help when you look at all the other CCs. Although right now I'm way more concerned about Siegfried, that poor thing apparently will be even worse than Azuma what is just plain depressing...

[TF-60]
Members
463 posts
17,821 battles
5 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Gotta agree with him: Yoshino and her retarded sister exist only to make other CCs (large Cruisers) look better. 

Cannot agree more with the statement that they are Teenager Yamato that are struggling to discover the greatness of IJN AP overmatch and are embracing the HE spam. They have the bad things of IJN (no tools and poor armor layouts) without the good things (AP overmatch, amazing HE and accuracy (it's good but not enough for T9/10), the stealth and the torps as Yoshino torpedo options are... Poor to say at least). They fit the long range HE spam but if the meta ever change... Well they won't be able to do anything really and when WG sells them with the main selling point being: "Can pen 50mm with HE" when all the other CCs can and next patch (to Azuma) release BBs with 60mm armor it's just a joke. They are not horrible and to be honest I'm rather enjoying Yoshino (although I feel like she eat 30/40k salvos way more often than Azuma) but they really could use some help when you look at all the other CCs. Although right now I'm way more concerned about Siegfried, that poor thing apparently will be even worse than Azuma what is just plain depressing...

I’m using my IFHE Mogami captain; this gives me > 60mm HE pen

not great with this ship by any measure, but it is fun, and since I’m usually >15 km away the enemy BBs have a difficult time hitting me hard

Edited by General_WTSherman

[DCMA]
Members
596 posts
12,247 battles
7 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

not great with this ship by any measure, but it is fun, and since I’m usually >15 km away the enemy BBs have a difficult time hitting me hard

Mogami? Even those 203mm with IFHE shouldn't be enough to pen over 60mm

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
14,654 battles

I am subscribe to the channel. I always find his video funny, including hottu doggu, lol

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
21,680 battles

I just watched both iChase's and Notser's videos on Ohio; in both Yoshino's got waxed with a vengeance. I'm talking hard, quick, fast, and ugly. Ohio rocks, not so sure about Yoshino.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles
45 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

Mogami with IFHE, and the 203mm guns reaches 44mm of HE pen.

[TF-60]
Members
463 posts
17,821 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Mogami with IFHE, and the 203mm guns reaches 44mm of HE pen.

In the Yoshino (310 mm guns) my Mogami captain with IFHE pens over 60mm

Edited by General_WTSherman

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,432 posts
13,108 battles
On 7/28/2019 at 12:00 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Checks wallet, in-game account balances... oh well... Yuro does tempt one... 

Yushino cost coal, not fxp or doubloons.

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles
On 7/28/2019 at 11:30 AM, general_D_H_Chun said:

everyone losing their crapabout this badly protected, poor DPM joke with its 60mm pen

IFHE Hindenburg: ***am I a joke to you***

Is having IFHE on Yoshino really that big of a deal? I figured you'd never need it. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,296 posts
27,061 battles

The video is actually very good in showcasing the strengths and weaknesses of the ship, even the dilemma of keep on using HE or switch to 310mm AP.

23 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Is having IFHE on Yoshino really that big of a deal? I figured you'd never need it. 

Depends on if you want to pen everything short of a High Tier Armored Flight Deck on some of the CVs.  IFHE on Yoshino helps it HE Pen the thickest of BB deck armor out there.

57mm deck of IX Izumo

58mm deck of IX Musashi & X Yamato

60mm deck of IX Sovetsky Soyuz & X Kremlin

Hindenburg without IFHE:  203mm / 4 = 50.75 or 51mm of armor needed to defeat this HE shell.

Hindenburg with IFHE:  (203mm / 4) x 1.3 = 65.975 or 66mm of armor needed to defeat this HE shell.

Yoshino without IFHE:  310mm / 6 = 51.666 or 52mm of armor needed to defeat this HE shell.

Yoshino with IFHE:  (310mm / 6) x 1.3 = 67.16 or 67mm of armor needed to defeat this HE shell.

Both German 203mm HE and Super Cruiser 305mm / 310mm HE can naturally pen 50mm decks.  The BB deck armors I listed earlier are the ones you can't naturally pen with your HE, but IFHE will let them do so.

Hindenburg has a very weak HE damage value for her shells, but she shoots faster and is "Cruiser Accurate."

Yoshino is quite accurate, far more than Kronshtadt, and can reliably engage at range, unlike Alaska.  She doesn't shoot as fast as the normal Cruisers but the HE shells she does land pack a good punch.

Hindenburg 203mm HE 2500 damage, 10.5 seconds base reload time, 13% fire chance

Yoshino 310mm HE 5100 damage, 18.5 seconds base reload time, 27% fire chance

Another edit:  Added Fire chances!

Yoshino has issues, but when you watch videos on her, gunnery isn't a problem.  There's merit to taking IFHE, but as with many builds, it's a very heavy investment.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KIA-C]
Members
3,836 posts
17,026 battles
32 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

29 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

57mm deck of IX Izumo

58mm deck of IX Musashi & X Yamato

60mm deck of IX Sovetsky Soyuz & X Kremlin

IFHE Yoshino isn't really worth unless for some reason you have a deep hatred for these BB mentioned above.

You give up 4 points that can be invested into FP, JoAT, EL, Vigilence or DE, which are much more valuable than the ability to HE pen the deck of 5 BB.

[ARR0W]
Members
4,246 posts
26,756 battles
On 7/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, XurMP said:

Mogami? Even those 203mm with IFHE shouldn't be enough to pen over 60mm

He's a bitter clinger like me, running 155mm Mogami.