Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkullDuggery05

Clans Come and Go?

48 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
250 posts
2,801 battles

Ive been play awhile and when I started the OPG clan was tops in the Game. I had not seen any players in game for awhile so I looked them up and they have all but disbanded. I know lesser rated clans come & go but what happened to them? And I assume other very good clans the same has happened over time. Life happens etc. Anyone have any info?

[PVE]
Members
20,171 posts
13,061 battles
13 minutes ago, bobby_scott05 said:

Ive been play awhile and when I started the OPG clan was tops in the Game. I had not seen any players in game for awhile so I looked them up and they have all but disbanded. I know lesser rated clans come & go but what happened to them? And I assume other very good clans the same has happened over time. Life happens etc. Anyone have any info?

Rumors are shenanigans

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

one of the former member has sig that mentions OPGs demise.    Otherwise, all cland come and go, mostly due to infighting.

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
13 minutes ago, Buckeyefan21x said:

A bunch of leadership infighting 

Go figure that high achieving video game players have pooly developed social skills.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 1

[PPNA2]
Members
533 posts
7,716 battles
8 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Go figure that high achieving video game players have pooly developed social skills.

Lol this good be quote of the week.

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,100 posts
7,995 battles

As a rough rule of thumb, clans that have in-game performance as their central point are more prone to infighting on just that topic. And since in the end the performance of the clan is what keeps the members on the boat, the clan looses its purpose when the infighting starts to degrade the performance.

Doesn‘t apply on all clans, there are competitive clans that even after a long time are still doing just fine, and also casual clans that broke under performance-related issues.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,506 posts
26,134 battles

A lot of Clan mates simply left the game because of the ongoing arcade game changes that were made over the last year or so.   The game "lost it's appeal" and they left.  Many others I know that were in other clans left as well....  Look up their clan's and all of the entries are +400 days since game last played.  Uninstalled, no............left, yes.  Sad really.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
5,789 posts
11,631 battles
53 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Of course it describes a lot of people who are not "high performing video game players" as well.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,208 posts
20,505 battles

Different reasons. I've heard grown people yelling at each other on voice coms because someone did something they didn't like.

Some people reach T10 and get bored.

Some play multiple games and belong to clans on each game. So time is limited and each game competes for attention.

Real life happens

In-fighting

changes in a game makes someone unhappy.

Lots of different reasons.

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
250 posts
2,801 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

one of the former member has sig that mentions OPGs demise.    Otherwise, all cland come and go, mostly due to infighting.

What is sig?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

sig=signature     part of post at the bottom  that is same on all their listing

[RLGN]
Members
16,848 posts
29,524 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

A lot of Clan mates simply left the game because of the ongoing arcade game changes that were made over the last year or so.   The game "lost it's appeal" and they left.  Many others I know that were in other clans left as well....  Look up their clan's and all of the entries are +400 days since game last played.  Uninstalled, no............left, yes.  Sad really.

Downvote? :Smile_amazed:

Truth hurts maybe.

Add ‘The rework which shall not be named’ to all the previously listed reasons for people leaving.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[1984]
Members
4,496 posts
22,239 battles
1 hour ago, bobby_scott05 said:

apoc too. Of course some of those dudes joined a new clan and who knows maybe they even mix and matched

• Boring 1

[KIA-A]
Members
950 posts
6,396 battles
25 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

apoc too. Of course some of those dudes joined a new clan and who knows maybe they even mix and matched

Yeah, I know several former APOC members. Many of them left that clan and joined other clans like ZR.

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,970 battles

On OPG specifically a good chunk of them merged with a good chunk of another clan to form a new competitive clan. As far as big clans falling apart in this game in general, I think it is almost always due to infighting about something or other among members or leadership. 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,506 posts
26,134 battles
28 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Downvote? :Smile_amazed:

Truth hurts maybe.

Add ‘The rework which shall not be named’ to all the previously listed reasons for people leaving.

I have circled the computer with salt and made the sign of ancient warding.......  And, I am burning sweet grass to clear the spirits of the dead.  

Yes, it started at the Cruiser Line Split and Radar.  The Update that "shall not be named" killed what was left....seriously, it killed what was left.  Of those I know of personally.  What a shame !  What a loss........didn't uninstall........just left.

Not much to down vote.  It's history now.

• Cool 2

[VFW]
Members
1,532 posts
32,821 battles

Clans fall apart or die due to only one real reason...poor, unskilled, non-backboned Leadership.

Without a steady hand to set the rules, game play, and police the clan, most just will fade.

vr,

[SALVO]
Members
3,718 posts
7,571 battles
5 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

Clans fall apart or die due to only one real reason...poor, unskilled, non-backboned Leadership.

Without a steady hand to set the rules, game play, and police the clan, most just will fade.

vr,

Why this is definitely part of the problem.  Approaching the whole thing as : “This is the only reason”.  Is far  to much of an oversimplification.  

i

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,970 battles
20 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

It's easy to maintain a clan when it only has one member. 

I bet it sure would make the clan politics easier but I'd miss the team play and completed clan base too much. 

[LOSC]
Members
612 posts
2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

As a rough rule of thumb, clans that have in-game performance as their central point are more prone to infighting on just that topic. And since in the end the performance of the clan is what keeps the members on the boat, the clan looses its purpose when the infighting starts to degrade the performance.

Doesn‘t apply on all clans, there are competitive clans that even after a long time are still doing just fine, and also casual clans that broke under performance-related issues.

Our Clan or gaming group as we like to be called has been together since Sept.,11, 2011

Now not many at all play Ships but we had many that played Tanks. We play different games on and off but never fight about anything as we are called SPARTA because we

have a Senate, not one leader but many.  A true Clan will stick together though thick and thin as games are like the Tide that comes and goes.

I hope you find a Group, look for one with a history, TeamSpeak and forums help as at least you know they are committed to games.

[AOI]
Members
282 posts

This happens with every PVP game played online..Clans come and go people move on to other games..Throw in a new puppy a few babies or if a wow player happens to get a girlfriend or boyfriend and their goes the clan.....hehe

Edited by timinindiana
  • Cool 1

Members
1,739 posts
10,757 battles
20 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Our Clan or gaming group as we like to be called has been together since Sept.,11, 2011

Now not many at all play Ships but we had many that played Tanks. We play different games on and off but never fight about anything as we are called SPARTA because we

have a Senate, not one leader but many.  A true Clan will stick together though thick and thin as games are like the Tide that comes and goes.

I hope you find a Group, look for one with a history, TeamSpeak and forums help as at least you know they are committed to games.

I thought Sparta was a monarchy

[1984]
Members
4,496 posts
22,239 battles
56 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

It's easy to maintain a clan when it only has one member. 

Yes, but difficult to field a clan battle team.

Sign in to follow this