You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

WG please fix the slow UI at port

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,997 posts

like arsenal, inventory, clan, soooooooooo slow, and if i tab out to browse the web let it load, it seems won't ever load in the background

i just don't understand why not just use in-game data display which is instant?

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,550 posts

I mean it is a little slow, it isn't instant.  Mine doesn't load so slowly that I would have time to actually tab out and look at the internet though.

I just clicked on the armory and used the high tech method of counting to myself.  It loaded somewhere right between 1 Mississippi and 2 Mississippi.

I clicked on my clan tab and hit 2 Mississippi right as it loaded.

I think your computer may be part of it.

• Cool 1

0 posts

I went from a 2700x to a 3800x cpu with all the rest of the hardware the same and the port UI sped up like two fold. Not sure what was different between the two CPUs that could cause that but for sure made a difference.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,585 posts
16,296 battles

Recruiting page seems to fail a lot.  Armory seems slow at times.

It is odd..usually the menu interface is the fastest part of a game, but here it is slow and they seem very slow at providing upgrades to it or QOL upgrades, like being able to clear all signals with a click.

Even the open all containers option, that many people asked for, is incredibly slow.  When you consider the rewards are determined when you get the crate, there is no reason at all for it to take so long to open multiple crates.  Screams of poor programming...as though they are letting the graphics of opening a crate run in the background for no reason.

Not enough to ruin the game but it certainly isnt a selling point.  It's like everything is trying to be verified with the server or loaded from a website anytime you click.

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Everything seems okay to me except closing the game which hangs open for nearly 10 seconds while it sends little pieces of my personal information to the Kremlin. Started with 8.0 and hasn't been addressed.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles

As best I can tell, WG is using an HTML server to display certain features in an in-client browser window.  This way, they don't have to code them into the client.  Nifty idea, but either the server or the browser load is SLOW on my machine.

Features include: Armory, Clan, in-game Premium shop.  Certainly others, but I'm not sure which ones. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles
3 minutes ago, ksix said:

Everything seems okay to me except closing the game which hangs open for nearly 10 seconds while it sends little pieces of my personal information to the Kremlin. Started with 8.0 and hasn't been addressed.

Actually, it has been addressed.  0.8.4 (IIRC) was much better about closing promptly.  On the current client I have little or no delay.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

The port UI is slow but nothing like it was for a long time. I have similar port performance to what @Burnsy is getting with most things opening in a second or less.

[TDRB]
Members
5,397 posts
13,743 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The port UI is slow but nothing like it was for a long time. I have similar port performance to what @Burnsy is getting with most things opening in a second or less.

I'm not disputing that it is better but the port should really shine and it doesn't. It's like a house for sale with a unkempt yard, muddy driveway and a cockeyed shutter, well..........................maybe not that bad but you get my point.

[SYN]
Members
5,879 posts
13,316 battles

The UI is nowhere as lethargic as it used to be.

Some room for improvement remains as there is still a delay from commands, but it's better.  At least you're not growing grey hair waiting for the UI to respond anymore.

[SALVO]
Members
26,748 posts
32,188 battles
4 hours ago, Happy668 said:

like arsenal, inventory, clan, soooooooooo slow, and if i tab out to browse the web let it load, it seems won't ever load in the background

i just don't understand why not just use in-game data display which is instant?

I case you hadn't realized it, some of those pages are actually web pages that get loaded into the game's UI when you select them.  They're not actually built into the client.  And that's the reason why they don't load instantly.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,997 posts
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I case you hadn't realized it, some of those pages are actually web pages that get loaded into the game's UI when you select them.  They're not actually built into the client.  And that's the reason why they don't load instantly.

that's the problem, for news etc they can use web page, but for inventory and armory, pretty stable data and used frequently, why use web page

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Actually, it has been addressed.  0.8.4 (IIRC) was much better about closing promptly.  On the current client I have little or no delay.

Oh okay I must have a magic client then....

Its not fixed.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
16,634 posts
4,774 battles
3 hours ago, ksix said:

Oh okay I must have a magic client then....

Its not fixed.

So.  Um.. How pitiful is your machine?